Off-Season Other Teams News

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, December 05, 2023, 06:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlf

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 06, 2024, 07:45:35 PMDB Houston to the Stampeders: https://www.cfl.ca/2024/02/06/report-demerio-houston-headed-to-calgary/

This one stings.

Dunk just said on OB that losing Houston and Hardrick means we may have Schoen money.  I agree...move around a couple of pieces, and we may.  I have hope. He likes it here enough..little discount..and he stays. 

theaardvark

How many players recruited/developed by the Bombers end up with tweets stating that "contract worth XXX making him one of the highest paid XXXXX in the CFL"

I guess that makes recruiting a little easier... "Hey, come here and in 2 years, YOU can be a star"
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

kkc60

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 06, 2024, 07:45:35 PMDB Houston to the Stampeders: https://www.cfl.ca/2024/02/06/report-demerio-houston-headed-to-calgary/

This one stings.
sucks because we only got one full year with him but if there's one position KW is good at unearthing talent, it's DB.

theaardvark

Quote from: tlf on February 06, 2024, 07:47:25 PMDunk just said on OB that losing Houston and Hardrick means we may have Schoen money.  I agree...move around a couple of pieces, and we may.  I have hope. He likes it here enough..little discount..and he stays. 

Schoen money is huge, we didn't save money on Houston, and any we saved on Hardrick we already spent on Brady...

Not sure where Dunk bought his calculator, we still have a lot of FA to sign, even with a few bigger ones off the board.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: theaardvark on February 06, 2024, 07:53:46 PMSchoen money is huge, we didn't save money on Houston, and any we saved on Hardrick we already spent on Brady...

Not sure where Dunk bought his calculator, we still have a lot of FA to sign, even with a few bigger ones off the board.

Well, that certainly didn't age well.  How the heck did Walters pull this one off?

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on February 06, 2024, 08:00:37 PMWell, that certainly didn't age well.  How the heck did Walters pull this one off?

Schoen took a hell of deal to stay.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 06, 2024, 07:27:00 PMHard pass on AC "Scared to Pee" Leonard.

Don't like the guy, and would probably cost more than Jeffcoat, but he is the closest thing to a Willie clone in the CFL.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 06, 2024, 08:01:50 PMDon't like the guy, and would probably cost more than Jeffcoat, but he is the closest thing to a Willie clone in the CFL.

Meh. I'm okay with Haba or someone else on the other bookend should Jeffcoat sign elsewhere. Leonard doesn't seem like a fit in this organization, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 06, 2024, 08:08:13 PMMeh. I'm okay with Haba or someone else on the other bookend should Jeffcoat sign elsewhere. Leonard doesn't seem like a fit in this organization, IMO.

Same thing may have been said about Willie many years ago, it takes some time for the Rider stink to wear off.

kkc60

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 06, 2024, 08:08:13 PMMeh. I'm okay with Haba or someone else on the other bookend should Jeffcoat sign elsewhere. Leonard doesn't seem like a fit in this organization, IMO.
I am very okay going into this season with Haba and a few rookies (and maybe a cheap vet). All Haba did was make plays. Get an impactful DT and the DL is set.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 06, 2024, 08:16:15 PMSame thing may have been said about Willie many years ago, it takes some time for the Rider stink to wear off.

Jefferson is all of a year older than Leonard, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

To reiterate: hard pass on Leonard.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

Was hoping we could keep Houston, but you can't keep everyone.

2 years/$275K nice deal for Houston.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on February 06, 2024, 09:11:15 PMWas hoping we could keep Houston, but you can't keep everyone.

2 years/$275K nice deal for Houston.
true but this scouting staff has proven they can find DB talent year in and year out. This will need to continue.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

Quote from: tlf on February 06, 2024, 07:14:20 PMMyself, I am going to enjoy Chad Kelly's humbling season.
He'll just blame his teammates. Oh, I see what you did there. Very good.  ;)
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on February 06, 2024, 07:13:39 PMhttps://3downnation.com/2024/02/06/sources-rb-william-stanback-signs-with-b-c-lions/
do you get the feeling that the other western teams are following the bomber blue print?

yep, every western team has improved their running game by adding a more physical running back.