Off-Season Other Teams News

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, December 05, 2023, 06:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Looks like the Ti-Cats shook up their front office, Ed Hervey in as GM and Steinauer moved up to President of Football Operations.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday, an updated football operations structure for the club that sees Orlondo Steinauer focus on the President of Football Operations role, while Ed Hervey has been named the team's General Manager. The club's next Head Coach will be announced later this week.

https://ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats-announce-new-football-operations-structure?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

https://twitter.com/CFL_Headlines/status/1732097400821645459/photo/1

My guess is Head Coach will be either June Jones or Scott Milanovich.

GOLDMEMBER

June Jones? lol how old is that guy now?
Milanovich all the way hear.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

dd

Uhhhh, that's why Milanovich didn't go after the Sask HC job, he's got this one in the bag. Makes total sense. Moving Steinhauer to Operations and Milanovich as HC makes total sense...not sure about Hervey as GM, didn't he royally screwup Edmonton and BC??

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on December 05, 2023, 10:47:33 PM
not sure about Hervey as GM, didn't he royally screwup Edmonton and BC??

Ya, Hervey?  Uh, if I'm a HAM fan I'm not too thrilled about that.

Who was the Prez who vacated to make space for Coach O: and does the club still have to pay him??

And we're positive Buck is tied up here, right??  Right??  No way Buck could be a surprise HC in HAM?  If Milanovitch, then all the moves last year make sense.  Then everyone can move on to the next riddle: To BLM or not to BLM, that is the question.  Looks like T.Harris is staying with SSK, so BLM really has nowhere else to go.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Stretch

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 05, 2023, 09:32:06 PM
Milanovich makes the most sense.

Any insights into the winning lottery numbers?  ;)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 06, 2023, 04:34:59 PM
Ti-Cats name Milanovich head coach: https://www.cfl.ca/2023/12/06/ticats-name-scott-milanovich-head-coach/

Alouettes re-sign QB Fajardo through 2025: https://www.cfl.ca/2023/12/06/als-extend-qb-cody-fajardo-through-2025-season/

I think Scott will be good for HAM, even if he kind of blew his last chance when he was in TOR.  CFL coaches never really die, they just get recycled.

MTL tying their ship to Cody is a bit of a surprise, as he'll have some of this guaranteed even if he stinks up the joint this season, right?  I guess good for Cody as he has some stability and a guaranteed starters-money job locked in.  If I'm Cody's agent I'm thinking I just pulled off a minor miracle and will be breaking out the very best champagne.  Michocha(sp?) has been pretty shrewd so far in his MTL stint... I'm not sure he made the right move this time.  I wonder if MTL will later feel about Cody what SSK did when they ran him out of town...
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 07, 2023, 02:38:26 AM
I think Scott will be good for HAM, even if he kind of blew his last chance when he was in TOR.  CFL coaches never really die, they just get recycled.

MTL tying their ship to Cody is a bit of a surprise, as he'll have some of this guaranteed even if he stinks up the joint this season, right?  I guess good for Cody as he has some stability and a guaranteed starters-money job locked in.  If I'm Cody's agent I'm thinking I just pulled off a minor miracle and will be breaking out the very best champagne.  Michocha(sp?) has been pretty shrewd so far in his MTL stint... I'm not sure he made the right move this time.  I wonder if MTL will later feel about Cody what SSK did when they ran him out of town...
Cody just won them a GC how on earth is this a miracle by his agent yo get him extended as an Al?  ::)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 07, 2023, 02:38:26 AM
MTL tying their ship to Cody is a bit of a surprise...

Nah. It really isn't.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 07, 2023, 08:43:48 AM
Cody just won them a GC how on earth is this a miracle by his agent yo get him extended as an Al?  ::)
Agreed....Cody's career revitalized is a bit of a miracle similar to Zach being bounced (literally) around the CFL and then coming to us at the end of the 2019 season.   Who on this forum predicted he would then lead us to 4 Grey Cups?   Zach came to the right team and he's fit in perfectly and perhaps the same scenario develops for Cody in Montreal?   They have a dominant Defence and also have some good players on offence and Calvillo is a great OC.   Miracles do seem to happen in the CFL.
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on December 07, 2023, 03:26:51 PM
Agreed....Cody's career revitalized is a bit of a miracle similar to Zach being bounced (literally) around the CFL and then coming to us at the end of the 2019 season.   Who on this forum predicted he would then lead us to 4 Grey Cups?   Zach came to the right team and he's fit in perfectly and perhaps the same scenario develops for Cody in Montreal?   They have a dominant Defence and also have some good players on offence and Calvillo is a great OC.   Miracles do seem to happen in the CFL.

He hasn't revitalized anything. He had one good game. He is what he is.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on December 07, 2023, 03:48:32 PM
He hasn't revitalized anything. He had one good game. He is what he is.

He posted a 111.2 QBR on the Alouettes' championship run, which is miles ahead of the rest of his playoff career.

While I agree he hasn't revitalized anything, he contributed to the success of his team in all three post-season games more than he didn't.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 07, 2023, 04:59:11 PM
He posted a 111.2 QBR on the Alouettes' championship run, which is miles ahead of the rest of his playoff career.

While I agree he hasn't revitalized anything, he contributed to the success of his team in all three post-season games more than he didn't.

A very good team can win with a mediocre QB as long as they limit turnovers, it's been done a few times before, Marcus Crandell and Sean Salisbury come to mind.  Not saying Mtl. is a very good team yet, but this was the first year of a new regime, so they certainly could be.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on December 07, 2023, 05:33:27 PM
A very good team can win with a mediocre QB as long as they limit turnovers, it's been done a few times before, Marcus Crandell and Sean Salisbury come to mind.  Not saying Mtl. is a very good team yet, but this was the first year of a new regime, so they certainly could be.

We saw that in November 2019 with the Blue Bombers on their drought-vanquishing run.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず