Good,Bad & Ugly

Started by 55StickCar, November 20, 2023, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 22, 2023, 01:37:29 PM
Collaros coughed up a fair amount of INTs like that this past season.

Makes me wonder if that's Pierce's gunslinging mentality seeping into his playbook.

Our offence is predicated on receivers winning 50 / 50 jump balls. It's part of the reason we had so many big plays from our receivers. Lawler in particular is very good at that.

The issue is whether there is as much need to do that inside the 20 yard line for example. There are a multitude of plays / players as other shorter options to score.

A lot of those pics came when the OL blocking wasn't up to par. Bailey's injury may have been a factor. Jackson seemed like a non factor in the game as well.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 23, 2023, 03:38:12 PM
Our offence is predicated on receivers winning 50 / 50 jump balls. It's part of the reason we had so many big plays from our receivers. Lawler in particular is very good at that.

The issue is whether there is as much need to do that inside the 20 yard line for example. There are a multitude of plays / players as other shorter options to score.

A lot of those pics came when the OL blocking wasn't up to par. Bailey's injury may have been a factor. Jackson seemed like a non factor in the game as well.

In every game.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on November 23, 2023, 03:39:15 PM
In every game.

He made a few good plays but yeah, he was not an effective roster choice as an import.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 23, 2023, 03:38:12 PM

I thought for sure they would throw a pass to Jackson inside the redzone at some point in the game as their one tricky play.  He's there anyway, might as well make use of him.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 23, 2023, 03:51:47 PM
I thought for sure they would throw a pass to Jackson inside the redzone at some point in the game as their one tricky play.  He's there anyway, might as well make use of him.

I expected that as well particularly considering the health of so many of our receivers.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Jesse on November 23, 2023, 03:39:15 PM
In every game.
Ya exactly. I don?t know why if they aren?t going to use him offensively from time to time, and if he?s only going to block,  then put in Dobson, he?s the better blocker

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on November 24, 2023, 03:17:34 AM
Ya exactly. I don?t know why if they aren?t going to use him offensively from time to time, and if he?s only going to block,  then put in Dobson, he?s the better vlocker
MOS seems to have a man crush on Jackson.....the fact that he served in action as a Navy Seal.   Also Demski was wide open at the goal line on his deep fade attempt to Lawler.   Zach has about 6 months to think about that one which was a turning point in the game.   We could have been up 10 points or at least 6 had he handed the Ball to Brady.    There are times when you need to manage the game and that there, was one time we should have come away with points instead of giving the Als a get out of jail card. 

OTOH.....I'm guessing the the Als were expecting the run to Brady because we did have two open receivers on that play. We also talked about playing to win as opposed to playing not to lose.    The play was there for the taking and it was his execution that failed Zach.    He under threw that ball and had he slightly over thrown in that situation, it would have given Kenny a shot at making one of his patented backward, leaping, twisting catches he's famous for.   

So....there's that and the fact that Ento made a brilliant read and an equally brilliant leaping pick!
Bomber fan for life

drahgon

^ i bet Demski will be stewing over that play all off-season as well...