2023 Player/Coach Awards

Started by Tiger, November 14, 2023, 04:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

At least the cfl put it up. Kudos and thank you.

As to TSN - I?m not sure about the viewership argument when you play one game on 2-3 channels, hence 1-2 channels are available without viewership loss and possible gain.

Right now last years Grey Cup is on and wells as the NBA. That said there is all elite wresting and college football with nothing teams (Central Michigan Chippewas and Ohio Bobcats).  This has more viewership? Maybe it is a cheap feed.

Tomorrow during the awards TSN has under 17 FIFA on two stations, sports centre on 2 channels and SportsCentre with Jay Onrait on the fifth channel.  There must be a reason that it is not shown again given the duplication of their broadcast??? maybe.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on November 15, 2023, 11:57:01 PM
Perhaps not. Might need to be filmed/recorded by unionized TSN employees in order to air. That?s totally me talking out of my butt, but might be another barrier.

Ah, yes you may be correct on that one.  A friend is in the MB film industry and the union rules are completely mental.  They probably can't use something recorded entirely by a 3rd party.

Oh well, it's still mega lame there's all these shows (I'd watch them all) and no televising.  Streaming at-the-time is impossible for me (9am hahaha), but if they put it on youtube or cfl.ca for anytime watching, that works just as well as the PVR.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Tiger on November 16, 2023, 12:46:04 AM
At least the cfl put it up. Kudos and thank you.

As to TSN - I?m not sure about the viewership argument when you play one game on 2-3 channels, hence 1-2 channels are available without viewership loss and possible gain.

Right now last years Grey Cup is on and wells as the NBA. That said there is all elite wresting and college football with nothing teams (Central Michigan Chippewas and Ohio Bobcats).  This has more viewership? Maybe it is a cheap feed.

Tomorrow during the awards TSN has under 17 FIFA on two stations, sports centre on 2 channels and SportsCentre with Jay Onrait on the fifth channel.  There must be a reason that it is not shown again given the duplication of their broadcast??? maybe.
You are fishing for excuses for them. There is no valid excuse to me
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 15, 2023, 11:57:01 PM
Perhaps not. Might need to be filmed/recorded by unionized TSN employees in order to air. That?s totally me talking out of my butt, but might be another barrier.

This is a good point, whether it's factual or not (I'm pretty sure it is, though). Bell Media owns TSN and so there could be additional barriers for TSN to broadcast non-game CFL events. It's no doubt a complex landscape but I still hold the opinion that TSN can and should do more as a media partner to the CFL to ensure the game, the league, and its events - particularly those during the biggest week of this year - get as much exposure as possible.

CFL+ has been a nice addition to the website but it's kind of buried and I don't think many dedicated fans know about it, much less casual ones.

I can't help but wonder if TSN+ could simply piggyback the content of CFL like it does with other leagues. I'm sure that could be arranged.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on November 15, 2023, 09:47:26 PM
That's a bit of a chicken/egg argument. Gotta invest in a product to make it grow.

It really isn't a chicken and egg argument as far as TSN is concerned. The league has better (and more effective) things to spend their money on in an attempt to grow the game and TSN is a media partner not a co-owner.

The reality is if it was a good idea or if there was money to be made it would be televised. Bell likes money of that there is no doubt.

It is fun to be outraged online though.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 16, 2023, 04:45:30 PM
It really isn't a chicken and egg argument as far as TSN is concerned. The league has better (and more effective) things to spend their money on in an attempt to grow the game and TSN is a media partner not a co-owner.

The reality is if it was a good idea or if there was money to be made it would be televised. Bell likes money of that there is no doubt.

It is fun to be outraged online though.

I'm not outraged, but I certainly disagree with most of what you're saying here.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on November 16, 2023, 05:26:55 PM
I'm not outraged, but I certainly disagree with most of what you're saying here.

Oh for sure! You're not. But some people's expectations aren't exactly grounded in reality. For example, if the league was going to push TSN on anything or give them money to cover something better, I'd argue getting the cable cameras up for more regular season games and cameras in pylons/first down lines would be a better use of money.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 16, 2023, 05:40:50 PM
Oh for sure! You're not. But some people's expectations aren't exactly grounded in reality. For example, if the league was going to push TSN on anything or give them money to cover something better, I'd argue getting the cable cameras up for more regular season games and cameras in pylons/first down lines would be a better use of money.

Agreed. Improving the technology at CFL venues would be nice to see.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 16, 2023, 06:03:45 PM
Agreed. Improving the technology at CFL venues would be nice to see.

With the drone use in the USFL/XFL, would you like to see more of that here?  They were cool sometimes, but an annoying buzz most of the time...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on November 16, 2023, 06:22:08 PM
With the drone use in the USFL/XFL, would you like to see more of that here?  They were cool sometimes, but an annoying buzz most of the time...

I'd be cool with that. Drones aren't that loud. Whatever gives fans, coaches, and officials more angles and clearer views of the game, the better. Technology when implemented properly is an advantage, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Discussions on the other Forum indicate the Awards Ceremony might be carried on YouTube at 6:30 EST.

https://www.youtube.com/@cfl

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 16, 2023, 10:02:11 PM
Discussions on the other Forum indicate the Awards Ceremony might be carried on YouTube at 6:30 EST.

https://www.youtube.com/@cfl
not seeing the pre cursor for that on YouTube

The Zipp

Another @TorontoArgos takes top honours as Dejon Allen is your 2023 Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman!

Dinwiddie coach of the year

Brady O Canadian of the year

Brett Lauther - Tom pate award

Argos QB Chad Kelly wins the CFL?s Most Outstanding Player award (newly named for Riders legend George Reed).

This tied for the closest vote with Bombers RB Brady Oliveira getting 22 of the 61 votes.

GOLDMEMBER

Stiggers best Rookie

Betts best D player

Jesse

39 media members forget definition of the word "outstanding".

Quite embarrassing when writing is their job.
My wife is amazing!