Final home game of 2023

Started by Sec223, November 06, 2023, 10:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sec223

Appears to be around 2000 seats left. Huge game with a great forecast. Grab your tickets while you can.

TecnoGenius

Boo forecast.  Let's hope the weather man has it wrong as usual.  That way we can get our cake (sold out crowd) and eat it too (cold snowy field).

Crossing my mittened-fingers.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 07, 2023, 02:26:38 AM
Boo forecast.  Let's hope the weather man has it wrong as usual.  That way we can get our cake (sold out crowd) and eat it too (cold snowy field).

Crossing my mittened-fingers.
weather man says sunny and 0 what is wrong with that this time of year?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bomb squad

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 07, 2023, 06:13:33 PM

A popular belief is that "cold" weather would give the Bombers an advantage over a dome team like the BC Lions. I believe Techno's point is that the forecasted weather is not "cold" enough to provide enough of an advantage in that respect. Personally, I think colder weather would help us a bit, but all things considered, I'm ok with the forecast. It's more comfortable for the fans, and we should be able to beat them anyway.

Stretch

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 07, 2023, 06:13:33 PM

I was going to ask the same thing but I think bomb squad nailed it.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

drahgon

^^ agreed.

I also think our crowd noise will affect BC's offense much more than cold weather. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bomb squad on November 07, 2023, 06:52:25 PM
A popular belief is that "cold" weather would give the Bombers an advantage over a dome team like the BC Lions. I believe Techno's point is that the forecasted weather is not "cold" enough to provide enough of an advantage in that respect. Personally, I think colder weather would help us a bit, but all things considered, I'm ok with the forecast. It's more comfortable for the fans, and we should be able to beat them anyway.
Gotcha

There will be an advantage enogh just being outside. Last year against Rourke Tecno likely said the same thing.  :D

All good. Cannot wait.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 07, 2023, 09:00:08 PM
Gotcha

There will be an advantage enogh just being outside. Last year against Rourke Tecno likely said the same thing:D

Oh you can bet on that!  Go look it up!  I'm always up for bashing BC being soft.  BC SUCKS!  BC SUCKS!   :D :D :D
Never go full Rider!

blue_or_die

I am happy to go to the West Final

I am sad that this is our last time at IGF until late May :(

Always a bitter sweet time of year. And only bitter when we aren't as good as we are  :D
#Ride?

theaardvark

Have to wonder what the pre-game pinnacle meal will be this game.. or if they will have one.  They've had more than a few weeks to put a menu together...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 08, 2023, 07:53:09 PM
I am sad that this is our last time at IGF until late May :(

I can't believe the season is done.  Boy that went fast.  Doesn't feel like 23 weeks!  Where did it all go...
Never go full Rider!

Sec223

Down to 1200. No doubt another sell-out.

Stretch

Quote from: theaardvark on November 08, 2023, 09:57:36 PM
Have to wonder what the pre-game pinnacle meal will be this game.. or if they will have one.  They've had more than a few weeks to put a menu together...

And stock up on hot chocolate   ;)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

GOLDMEMBER

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stretch on November 09, 2023, 01:19:54 AM
And stock up on hot chocolate   ;)

Taking bets now on what quarter they run out of hot chocolate.  I'll say 3rd.  8)
Never go full Rider!