Lions/Bombers PreGame Discussion - Noise Welcome to the Lions

Started by GOLDMEMBER, November 03, 2023, 06:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: BBRT on November 08, 2023, 04:09:20 PM
Good Point - I remember BC coming into the Peg and the Bombers were definate underdogs - not sure who the Lions QB was but he was suppose to eat the Bombers up. The Bombers went with a 3-4 defense (James West, maybe Ty Jones not sure who else were the LB's). Bombers ate the BC offense up that day - first time I believe they went with a 3-4 defense that year. Was one of the best Bomber defensive games I had seen up til then.

Greg Battle and Paul Randolph IIRC. Battle dropped into coverage at safety at times in those sets. It's something we see Bighill capable of doing in the past.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

"It's like there is this unified mob of 33,000" - Ed Tait

Pat Neufeld has regularly soaked up every nanosecond of those scorching summer nights playing in front of crammed houses at IG Field. And the the customary Banjo Bowl sellouts in September always provide an adrenaline rush.

Evenings like that in south Winnipeg for Blue Bombers games will always be memorable, even as they start to blend together. Still a hot take on a cold day as the Blue Bombers push for a fifth consecutive sellout for Saturday's West Final against the B.C. Lions: the last two divisional title games in 2021 and 2022 have reinforced why homefield matters more right now in Winnipeg than anywhere else in the Canadian Football League.

It's more than just the cacophony of sound that envelopes IG Field. It's that and the wintry sights coupled with what's at stake, namely a berth in the Grey Cup, that makes the whole scene almost magical.

"It's like there is this unified mob of 33,000 all with our team," began the Blue Bombers all-star guard. "It's our 13th man out there with us, but it's 33,000 strong who have our back no matter what. It's like this swell of sound that overwhelms everyone."

More on the Western Final atmosphere here...

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/08/its-like-there-is-this-unified-mob-of-33000/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

My god wintery sights after today! Ugh!

Those of you out of province counts your blessings.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bwiser

The wintery weather should be cleaned up by Saturday. I expect the field to be in good condition

Lincoln Locomotive

Forecast indicates temps around the freezing mark with no snow and low winds.   If the track is dry BC will be passing the ball and we may need to as well if they have any success.    It will still come down to which QB is more dialled in.    These are the top two QBs in the West and Zach's pedigree and experience vs VAJ  trying to emerge as an elite QB will be a story line for sure.
Bomber fan for life

Horseman

Quote from: bwiser on November 09, 2023, 02:15:17 PM
The wintery weather should be cleaned up by Saturday. I expect the field to be in good condition

Maybe we should leave the field snowy and icy! LOL

ModAdmin

The Lions are actively using the last Bomber/Lion  game as motivation for the Western Final.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 09, 2023, 03:57:49 PM
The Lions are actively using the last Bomber/Lion  game as motivation for the Western Final.
Why wouldn't they....it was their game to lose.    Bombers should also be motivated to return to the GC and the Lions stand between them and their destiny.    There are no excuses now....injuries are something every team faces and I'd rather see them play on a fast track to really decide which team wants it more.
The regular season now in in the rear view mirror and if the Lions need that to motivate them well all I can say is may the best team with the best QB win!
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Lions will be without two important Canadians after being injured in the game last week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 09, 2023, 10:13:46 PM
Lions will be without two important Canadians after being injured in the game last week.

I know Hladik.  Who's the 2nd guy?  The guy that got KOd on that ST play has been practising and seemingly out of protocol, so must be someone else.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 09, 2023, 11:21:37 PM
I know Hladik.  Who's the 2nd guy?  The guy that got KOd on that ST play has been practising and seemingly out of protocol, so must be someone else.

Yes, Hinsperger. He's the one that got knocked out cold in the last game. He's a very good ST player and was listed as DNP all week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 10, 2023, 03:55:56 PM
Yes, Hinsperger. He's the one that got knocked out cold in the last game. He's a very good ST player and was listed as DNP all week.

Watching that play is evidence why the NFL eliminated it, but also its the most exciting play in football.  Remember Hansen picking up Daly to tackle Williams in the GC?  We were winning at the time, but it riled up the team... which is what those plays are meant to do.

Dane Evans was caught on camera reacting to the hit, using words not appropriate to repeat in the forum...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Unfortunate news re: Schoen but not unexpected. I can't help but wonder if he'd even be available for next week should the Bombers emerge victorious tomorrow.

I'm expecting big performances tomorrow from Oliveira, Lawler, and Wolitarsky.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.