Lions/Bombers PreGame Discussion - Noise Welcome to the Lions

Started by GOLDMEMBER, November 03, 2023, 06:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Absolutely Tiger!

We can we make this part of the pre GDT already established?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

barbk

And Vernon Adams Jr did say going to Winnipeg with the loudest fans in his post interview.

ModAdmin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 05, 2023, 01:46:07 AM
Absolutely Tiger!

We can we make this part of the pre GDT already established?

Merged the topics.  An IG Field welcome (PLENTY of Noise) would be appropriate.  Bring the fans and bring the Noise!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

The key to winning the game against BC seems to be containing and limiting Vernon Adams Jr.

Lions have a limited running game and putting the rush on Adams seems to rattle him.  We cannot give him time to throw or lose containment on him allowing him to run.  Pressure on him is key #1 and would likely go a long way to helping the Bombers win the final.

Key #2 is for the Bomber offence to control the line of scrimmage and keep Betts, in particular, out of our QB's face.  This is a game that Damian Jackson needs to be a blocking force.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

BC made an important change in the CGY game: they switched to a dink & dunk short/mid game.  They basically abandoned the long game.  CGY planned to take the explosions away and gave up the 10-20Y zone holes and wide outs.  Sound familiar??  Ya, Hall loves to give up the 10Y pass too.  Clearly this plan will not work against BC in 1 week.

VAJ is just too quick with his wind up and release.  He might even be quicker than Rourke.  That makes pass rush hard as he's throwing in under 2s.  It makes zone D hole-closing and INTs impossible as there's no time to react.  Thus we must play a fair bit of man coverage.  Like 40-50% man.  And we have to mix it up and disguise zone/man so VAJ gets confused as to what he has.

We have to get in his lanes and do a lot of DL drop-backs to disrupt the short game.  We'll also have to do more blitzing than CGY did, and be effective at it.  That OL is good but not great.  Alexander might be key for his timed blitzes.  Wilson too.  Biggie I'd have more of a drop-back pass-lane closer.

I think BC will stick to their no-run plan, though they might open by feinting that they are going run-heavy.  So plan for no run but have the Hall run-killers in place early just in case.  We'll probably do they ol' we'll let you run on 1st down 1-3 times but then shut it the heck down if they do.  Thus BC could get some big runs in early.

Our O has to score and 80% of their drives.  The D will have to do what they can.  It'll be 75+ score game.  We hold the edge on ST with Grant.  Let's hope mother nature keeps lowering that forecast.  0C is too nice for the softies from the left coast.  We need to handily take care of business so we can concentrate on the real task: revenge on TOR.
Never go full Rider!

bwiser

I expect a lower scoring game. The cold weather games tend to be lower scoring as the ball doesn't carry as far and teams depend more on the running game so it takes longer to score.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 05, 2023, 04:23:32 AM
Merged the topics.  An IG Field welcome (PLENTY of Noise) would be appropriate.  Bring the fans and bring the Noise!
thank you! Bloody sure thing come Saturday!

GOLDMEMBER

BC takes a lot of holding OL penalties so I think our troops can exploit that.

Blue In BC

The key to the Bombers game is our run game which controls the TOP and field position.  When the ground game is successful it opens up the pass game as well. Most importantly it keeps the opponent off the field on offence. It forces the Lions LB's closer to the LOS and creates more open spaces for our receivers.

Do that and we win, simple as that IMO.

The Lions are certainly capable of winning even in bad weather. Bombers need to play another close to clean game and not turnover the ball.  If we get Schoen back that will help significantly. He's our 2nd down guy.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

IF VA gets in a rhythm like that no team will beat him. We need to figure it out and not let him get in a rhythm like that. He played one of the best QB performances I can remember yesterday. He also has some real play.akers in his receiving core and Mizel was used as a safety valve all game.

Mair and his receivers were close a few times, which tells me BC fattened up the line and was ok with letting the deep game as they knew it was a Cal. Weakness. The BC defence played reasonably well against Carey. But Cal doesn't have the skill we have. Bc's defence played good but not great. 

With the milder temperatures, this is gonna be a really tough game for us. At the end of the day if we allow VA to get into a rhythm like Cal did we be 1and done.

Pigskin

Looks like the boys will start practicing on Tuesday. Also looks like crappy weather for practice most of the week. Lot's of wet snow. Don't need anymore injuries.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on November 05, 2023, 02:19:57 PM
IF VA gets in a rhythm like that no team will beat him. We need to figure it out and not let him get in a rhythm like that. He played one of the best QB performances I can remember yesterday. He also has some real play.akers in his receiving core and Mizel was used as a safety valve all game.

Mair and his receivers were close a few times, which tells me BC fattened up the line and was ok with letting the deep game as they knew it was a Cal. Weakness. The BC defence played reasonably well against Carey. But Cal doesn't have the skill we have. Bc's defence played good but not great. 

With the milder temperatures, this is gonna be a really tough game for us. At the end of the day if we allow VA to get into a rhythm like Cal did we be 1and done.

Worried about Kramdi being in coverage / chase mode...BC will pick on him. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 05, 2023, 01:49:06 PM
The key to the Bombers game is our run game which controls the TOP and field position.  When the ground game is successful it opens up the pass game as well. Most importantly it keeps the opponent off the field on offence. It forces the Lions LB's closer to the LOS and creates more open spaces for our receivers.

Do that and we win, simple as that IMO.

The Lions are certainly capable of winning even in bad weather. Bombers need to play another close to clean game and not turnover the ball.  If we get Schoen back that will help significantly. He's our 2nd down guy.
simple as that plus we need to at minimum make the turnover battle even. Do not turn over the ball! Secondary is capable of a pick or 2.

Horseman

Quote from: Tiger on November 05, 2023, 01:32:51 AM
Time to make noise from huddle to snap of the ball.

Let?s do our part to help our team and show we are the loudest. 

Go Blue!

The key point is make noise even when BC is in the huddle and keep it loud until the ball is snapped. Make it difficult while in the huddle to hear the play call and the snap count and then make them take procedure calls all game. BE LOUD LIKE NEVER BEFORE, LET'S BREAK THE DECIBEL METER.