Oliveira and Hardrick named West nominees for MOP Awards; O'Shea COY Finalist

Started by ModAdmin, November 01, 2023, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

,Olivera gets MOP, Dinwiddie COY ,  Brady MOC, Betts Defensive , Allen Offensive, (torontos Oline sack totals give him the edge) Leake ST, Stiggers Rookie

Jesse

Quote from: dd on November 02, 2023, 09:35:20 PM
I think we can all agree, players included, that we don't care who wins the individual awards as long as we win the GC. Also can't believe 2 teams dominated the list of finalists.

Having said that, Kelly gets MOP, Dinwiddie COY due to their better record,  Brady MOC, Betts Defensive , Yoshi Offensive, Leake ST, Stiggers Rookiex

I absolutely care about who wins the awards (and many players have been vocal about it as well), because it has nothing to do with who wins the Grey Cup.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: Jesse on November 03, 2023, 01:20:32 AM
I absolutely care about who wins the awards (and many players have been vocal about it as well), because it has nothing to do with who wins the Grey Cup.
Ok, so you?d be happier if OShea, yoshi and Brady win their individual awards, but we lose the grey cup!.,. I frankly couldn?t care who wins the individual awards as long as we win the grey cup, that?s the only award of concern or importance and I?d bet anything I own that O?Shea?s yoshi and Brady would say the same thing. Guaranteed.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on November 03, 2023, 01:35:35 AM
Ok, so you?d be happier if OShea, yoshi and Brady win their individual awards, but we lose the grey cup!.,. I frankly couldn?t care who wins the individual awards as long as we win the grey cup, that?s the only award of concern or importance and I?d bet anything I own that O?Shea?s yoshi and Brady would say the same thing. Guaranteed.

Of all the awards I really hope Yoshi wins, it would be a great compliment to his career and would probably mean the world to him.  Brady will win MOC for sure and probably pick up the Tom Pate Memorial Award for sportsmanship and contributions to one's team, community and association, as his efforts have been highlighted frequently on TSN and drawn the most visibility.

Jesse

Quote from: dd on November 03, 2023, 01:35:35 AM

I want both. Again, one has nothing to do with the other.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 03, 2023, 10:52:29 AM
I want both. Again, one has nothing to do with the other.

This. It isn't an either or situation.

Individual awards are important in their own right.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Good story on Hardrick's past, O'Shea comments that he was a bit of a **** disturber when he first arrive.

Is he the player that lived on ketchup sandwiches in college?

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football-saved-my-life-bombers-jermarcus-hardrick-not-too-tough-for-tears

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 03, 2023, 04:31:43 PM
This. It isn't an either or situation.

Individual awards are important in their own right.
Not really. All they do is inflated already over inflated egos

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on November 04, 2023, 02:58:07 AM

Pretty sure Yoshi doesn't suffer from that problem.  He's the perennial runner-up to Big Stan.  He'll be very humble if he wins it.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Name an individual on this team whose ego has been inflated by an individual award. Collaros? Nope. Bighill? Nah. Jefferson? No way. Bryant? Not a chance.

Your opinion is odd and certainly not based on anything factual.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Well you once again win the award for the strangest post of the year.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

If you want big egos, the CFL isn't the best place to find it... try Formula 1, or the NFL.

The big ego & loud guys in the CFL tend to get universally hated very quickly.  See: Bo Levi Mitchell "we'll show them what kind of team they are".
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 04, 2023, 11:48:17 PM
If you want big egos, the CFL isn't the best place to find it... try Formula 1, or the NFL.

The big ego & loud guys in the CFL tend to get universally hated very quickly.  See: Bo Levi Mitchell "we'll show them what kind of team they are".
lol yes and no. It is pro ball you gonna have egos. The Bombers have ego players. We need them. Willie,  Lawler, Bailey to name but a few.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 05, 2023, 04:01:34 PM
lol yes and no. It is pro ball you gonna have egos. The Bombers have ego players. We need them. Willie,  Lawler, Bailey to name but a few.

I don't mind a guy saying he's the best if he goes out and shows he's the best.  Lawler needs to up his game to match his rhetoric!

Willie is mellowing out in his old age.  In fact, I think they all mellow out as years go on.  Easy to have a crazy ego when you're 24  :D :D :D  32 not so much.

In fact, MOS in his Nov 4 or 2(?) presser said Yoshi was a real hot head when he first arrived, but has really eased up in his later years.  Yoshi might now be a huge part of the glue that holds the team together.  It may be tough when he finally retires.  Maybe he can get a job as the towel guy in the locker room for another 5 years?  I think we could pay him $120k as "towel guy" doesn't count towards either SMS?  ;) ;) ;)
Never go full Rider!