Injuries

Started by ModAdmin, November 01, 2023, 05:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 11, 2023, 04:52:20 PM
It's interesting to see which players were moved to the 1 game IR as opposed to those moved to PR. CFL.CA shows the transactions but the roster hasn't been updated.

Case in point: Rose moved to PR and not 1 game IR. McGhee moved to 1 game IR. Garbutt moved to 1 game IR while Haba moved to PR.

I'm holding the official WPG depth chart for the WDF in my hands and Rose is 100% on the IR.  Why would they screw Rose over by not putting him on the IR so he gets the $ and name on the cup for his work all year??  And they needed him for depth should another DB get injured in the WDF, so can't let him get sniped from the PR.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on November 12, 2023, 02:25:00 PM
Who says. It?s an Achilles?   His early treatment in the field it looked like a calf. I had one once, and I could not barely walk. Bighill walked and then it looked like it cramped again.

I watched the injury a few times and I can virtually 100% say it's not an achilles, and it's not an ACL.  It's a knee or calf thing.  I think what precipitated it was being pushed downwards by a blocker while he's circling around the line, putting a bit more "cut" pressure on his lower body.

Then when he notices the problem he doesn't crumple to the turf (as an achilles would).  Also, importantly, he stops his motion laterally in a way that his knee would crumple laterally if it was ACL.  No... he's just standing there after executing a hard stop with many forces on his body that achilles and ACL simply would not take.

When leaving the field he appears to "cramp" up and stops moving his knee completely: whether because it's painful to do so or something has cramped so bad he can't, remains to be seen.

I wouldn't call any of this career-ending, that's just silly at this point.  Even saying he won't be in the GC is premature.  There's a chance Biggie has had this precise same thing happen before and knows precisely what it is and that info got relayed to MOS.  If Biggie knows it's a 1-2 day thing then that would explain the "don't count Biggie out" stuff.

However, if it is a knee thing (albeit more minor) rather than a calf, then yes he likely won't be in the cup.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on November 12, 2023, 10:37:24 PM
Cole is a baller.  We will miss the experience and leadership from Bighill.  He is the qb of that defence and leads them from his position.   We were fortunate that we had a halftime to adjust to his injury.  The whole team looked lost the plays after he got hurt (I suspect the whole team knew he was done for the game)

I thought that, except for the initial panic choices as to who subs in where, the D (and MIKEs) performed superbly after Biggie left.  If by "the plays after he got hurt" you mean the first couple, then ok sure.  However the very first play after Clements went right past the C to successfully harass VAJ.  Maybe "lost" isn't the right word.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 13, 2023, 01:54:28 AM
I'm holding the official WPG depth chart for the WDF in my hands and Rose is 100% on the IR.  Why would they screw Rose over by not putting him on the IR so he gets the $ and name on the cup for his work all year??  And they needed him for depth should another DB get injured in the WDF, so can't let him get sniped from the PR.

To be fair that comment was made well before the "official" depth chart was released just prior to the game, roster disclosure has been an issue all season, I sure as hell hope they fix it before next season. It wasn't a problem last year or any year prior.  As for Rose getting picked off the PR, I think it's well past the point any team could actually do that except maybe the Als, and they would have to offer him a roster spot.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 13, 2023, 01:54:28 AM

That would make sense. The CFL.CA transactions are known to not be accurate. The roster still hasn't been updated for the last regular season game let alone the WDF.

EDIT: I see that CFL.CA just updated a bunch of transactions today made before game time. Rose from PR to AR to IR. Seems like a lot of transactions just to get a player on IR. OTOH, Houston and Gauthier both still show on IR and they played against Calgary in the last regular season game and yesterday. Overall the roster shows none of all the activity over the past two weeks.

I don't know why the CFL has such a problem keeping up with simple normal activities.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 13, 2023, 01:33:35 PM
That would make sense. The CFL.CA transactions are known to not be accurate. The roster still hasn't been updated for the last regular season game let alone the WDF.

EDIT: I see that CFL.CA just updated a bunch of transactions today made before game time. Rose from PR to AR to IR. Seems like a lot of transactions just to get a player on IR. OTOH, Houston and Gauthier both still show on IR and they played against Calgary in the last regular season game and yesterday. Overall the roster shows none of all the activity over the past two weeks.

I don't know why the CFL has such a problem keeping up with simple normal activities.

Pretty sure in previous years it was each team's responsibility to manage their rosters on their own website, this year there has been consolidation with Genius handling that job, and doing it piss poorly.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 13, 2023, 01:33:35 PM

Not making excuses for them but it probably stems from the average fan not caring. Heck, I don't think most forum users check. We knew they were playing because the game day roster comes out the day before the game and they were on it - along with two weeks worth of practice reports. I get they should cross their Ts but it's not like it actually creates any confusion.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 13, 2023, 06:01:05 PM
Not making excuses for them but it probably stems from the average fan not caring. Heck, I don't think most forum users check. We knew they were playing because the game day roster comes out the day before the game and they were on it - along with two weeks worth of practice reports. I get they should cross their Ts but it's not like it actually creates any confusion.

I don't think that's a valid excuse when the CFL has fully embraced gambling on their games and having accurate information is critical to placing informed bets, otherwise it's just a lottery.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 13, 2023, 05:50:59 PM
Pretty sure in previous years it was each team's responsibility to manage their rosters on their own website, this year there has been consolidation with Genius handling that job, and doing it piss poorly.

IIRC it's always been linked to the CFL.CA info. Rosters for other teams are as inaccurate as the Bombers at times during the season. I can't believe the Bombers are the ones that messed the info up.

Data across the spectrum is messed up. Player stats, seasons with a team are often blank for some of the players etc etc. So it seems that the league is whether the problem starts.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Horseman

Biggie was seen walking up the stairway to the plane today wearing a walking boot. I did not notice any limp.

GOLDMEMBER

Lemon appears to of left the EDF though. Have not seen him since e the second half began.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on November 13, 2023, 11:45:45 PM
Biggie was seen walking up the stairway to the plane today wearing a walking boot. I did not notice any limp.

They've already headed to HAM?  No home practice time, just @HAM walkthroughs?

Weird he'd be in a boot as it appeared to be knee/calf... Boot would imply ankle/foot??  Doesn't make sense?  I guess it could be a lower leg break, but nothing really was done to him.  Nah, gotta be a soft-tissue or ligament injury.

But the boot implies he won't be in the GC.  Backups gotta step up, and I think they will.  As someone else said, gives the players something else to play for: Do It For Biggie!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 14, 2023, 01:35:00 AM
They've already headed to HAM?  No home practice time, just @HAM walkthroughs?

Weird he'd be in a boot as it appeared to be knee/calf... Boot would imply ankle/foot??  Doesn't make sense?  I guess it could be a lower leg break, but nothing really was done to him.  Nah, gotta be a soft-tissue or ligament injury.

But the boot implies he won't be in the GC.  Backups gotta step up, and I think they will.  As someone else said, gives the players something else to play for: Do It For Biggie!
Nope they arrived in Hamilton today. Smarter to just get there then let the process begin.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 14, 2023, 12:02:56 AM
Lemon appears to of left the EDF though. Have not seen him since e the second half began.

He left at the end of the third quarter, and did not come back on the field, but was active on the sidelines, part of the Gatorade shower and trophy presentation, moving gingerly but no sign of boot, or crutches.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on November 14, 2023, 04:43:59 PM
He left at the end of the third quarter, and did not come back on the field, but was active on the sidelines, part of the Gatorade shower and trophy presentation, moving gingerly but no sign of boot, or crutches.

More proof of ACL.  As long as you don't move laterally or try a quick stop, it's like you're not even injured.  100% not achilles based on the above.  Lemon won't be in the GC.
Never go full Rider!