Blue Bombers Transactions - October 31, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 31, 2023, 02:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers Transactions - October 31, 2023

WINNIPEG, MB., October 31, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to practice roster:

American receiver Ronnie Blackmon (5-9, 186, West Georgia)
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Blackmon back with the Bombers. With 12 days before the WF, the Bombers are adding receivers. Doesn't look good. But, then again we only had one receiver on the PR.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

If we're going to take a few injuries to a positional group, receiver is one where we can survive.

Blue In BC

Two receivers added to the PR or are they added on futures contracts? We also added a DL a couple of days ago. So does this mean we'll need to delete a couple of PR players?

The CFL.CA rosters still haven't been updated to show all the movement last week. Typical crap from the CFL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

Derek Taylor
@DTonOB
Bombers add a veteran receiver to the PR. With the re-addition of WR Ronnie Blackmon they've got a couple of additional moves to make ahead of the West Final.

The practice roster was maxed at 12 for the Week 20 game. So there will be two guys to make decisions on.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 31, 2023, 06:21:53 PM
Derek Taylor
@DTonOB
Bombers add a veteran receiver to the PR. With the re-addition of WR Ronnie Blackmon they've got a couple of additional moves to make ahead of the West Final.

The practice roster was maxed at 12 for the Week 20 game. So there will be two guys to make decisions on.

Yes but 8 of them were activated to the AR for the game against the Stamps. We also show a DL added on the 29th. Jamal Woods. Many of those added for the last game will be added back to the PR or possibly the 1 game IR if we want to retain them going into 2024.

Not sure who ends up where or the status of Bailey for example. Alston might end up being released with an invite back for TC 2024.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 31, 2023, 07:11:48 PM
Yes but 8 of them were activated to the AR for the game against the Stamps. We also show a DL added on the 29th. Jamal Woods. Many of those added for the last game will be added back to the PR or possibly the 1 game IR if we want to retain them going into 2024.

Not sure who ends up where or the status of Bailey for example. Alston might end up being released with an invite back for TC 2024.

No sign of him anywhere on the roster, where did you see Jamal Woods added?    Could be a 3-day look-see to find out if he's worth bringing back for TC and won't even bother adding him to the roster.

ModAdmin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 31, 2023, 09:49:22 PM
No sign of him anywhere on the roster, where did you see Jamal Woods added?    Could be a 3-day look-see to find out if he's worth bringing back for TC and won't even bother adding him to the roster.

Reported on cfl.ca...

https://www.cfl.ca/2023-transactions/

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 31, 2023, 09:52:07 PM
Reported on cfl.ca...

https://www.cfl.ca/2023-transactions/

Also added yesterday.

WPG ADD  AMER Terry WILSON (QB)    New Mexico

WPG ADD  AMER Ontaria WILSON (WR)    Florida State

I suspect all these players will be gone shortly and will not require them to delete any players that have been on the PR all season long.  Good time to look at tryouts for next season.

Jamal Woods 6'-2" 290 lbs. #91 looks thick and powerful, better suited to DT than DE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CUTUdihY70&ab_channel=MPHBOBO

Ontaria "Pokey" Wilson WR 6'-0" 175 lbs. #80 good hands, looks smooth and fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-hPBcW8bEY&ab_channel=Marquishimo

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 31, 2023, 10:45:21 PM
Ontaria "Pokey" Wilson WR 6'-0" 175 lbs. #80 good hands, looks smooth and fast.

I really want a WR nicknames Pokey!  No joke
Never go full Rider!

LXTSN

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 01, 2023, 06:15:28 AM
I really want a WR nicknames Pokey!  No joke
Seems like a solid prospect!
It's so hard to judge these guys that end up as depth guys at big football schools. At least he did make the most of his opportunities it seems.

Blue In BC

I'm surprised we're bringing in so many new players to take a look at with so little time left. I suppose getting a quick look this week is ok, but I wouldn't want the newbies taking practice time next week when we're down to final prep for the WDF.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 01, 2023, 03:21:40 PM
I'm surprised we're bringing in so many new players to take a look at with so little time left. I suppose getting a quick look this week is ok, but I wouldn't want the newbies taking practice time next week when we're down to final prep for the WDF.

They're warm bodies replacing guys who are unable to practice.

Need receivers running routes so everyone else can get their reps. And we have a few guys who are nursing some ouchies.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 01, 2023, 03:21:40 PM

I'm pretty confident the Bombers know how to prepare for a West Final at IG Field at this point.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on November 01, 2023, 03:36:25 PM
They're warm bodies replacing guys who are unable to practice.

Need receivers running routes so everyone else can get their reps. And we have a few guys who are nursing some ouchies.

We signed another QB. We don't have an injured QB. We don't need another DL either. I think we've added 3 new receivers.  So I don't agree with your sentiment. Bombers have lots of players in those positions.

2019 Grey Cup Champions