Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary October 27, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 26, 2023, 07:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBRT

Quote from: Jesse on October 27, 2023, 06:24:05 PM
That's a long haul to be a back up for (at least) 5 years; knowing careers are short and he has a limited window in which to make money playing this game.

I agree - I believe he will explore all options next year and if a starters role developes (which it very well could) I would see him moving on. I would if I were him.

bwiser

Quote from: BBRT on October 27, 2023, 06:45:58 PM
I agree - I believe he will explore all options next year and if a starters role develops (which it very well could) I would see him moving on. I would if I were him.
I do believe he will explore whats out there but would you want to be the Riders Qb with that O line? What about Ottawas? Maybe waiting another year or two here won't look so bad. Maybe the Bombers could offer him a hefty pay increase to stay here.You don't have to pay him starter money but you could make him the highest paid backup. The Bombers should look ahead to the future because we see all over the league what happens if you don't have a solid Qb.

Pigskin

Haven't seen Calgary's roster for tonight. Is Awe in there lineup?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

I think Buck and Hall should rest this game.  Heaven forbid one of them gets writer's cramp taking in-game notes, or a sore neck poring over their play sheet, or a stubbed toe getting to their booth chair.

/joke

Seriously, though, here's hoping for a clean, injury-free game for BOTH teams.  We want CGY in top form to really bruise BC in a week.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Wow, TOR also changed 10 positions this week as per their depth chart.  They had to go double-wide on the IN/OUT chart:

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2023/10/Week-21-vs.-OTT-Ocotober-28-2023-PDF.pdf

So both the top-dog teams choosing rest over rust.  That answers that question.

Agudosi starts at WR!  I knew they'd try to slot him in for a garbage-season game to make the nefarious snipe look "more legit".  Also, Cam Philips is back to shake off injury rust.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 27, 2023, 09:31:40 PM
Here ya go

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2022/06/Week21-Cgy.pdf

Awe is charted as backup and DNA.

Awe is the league leader in DT's with 121. He may see limited reps which won't hurt our run game. Stewart has been a non factor and only played 4 games with 2 DT's.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sec223

Looks like a poor crowd tonight. Bombers can get used to bad weather while the Lions are sun tanning.

DCM

Opening play will be a hand off to Oliveira for two yards, 1,500 and then pulled I reckon.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sec223 on October 27, 2023, 10:47:53 PM
Looks like a poor crowd tonight. Bombers can get used to bad weather while the Lions are sun tanning.

But ok for this garbage weather in a nothing game... It might have been a similarly weak turnout had it been played @IGF in this weather.

I'll give the fans that are there @McMahon credit for coming out.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Deep shot in this weather, gutsy, or reckless?  In dry weather Lawler likely makes that catch.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

TSN really needs to turn off the on-field advertising as it's mixing with the Bomber white jerseys in a really ugly way.

Grant looks like he oowied his shin on his last return.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Ok, so I'm gonna moan about this again: we cut Agudosi who knows our system and has 2(?) years with us, so that TOR can pick him up and get whatever info they can about our system and playbook.  ...  All so this week we can start Alston, a no-game no-years who-knows no-one.  How did any of this help us?  How many ways can this hurt us?

I bring this up again because TOR has listed Agudosi as starting on Saturday.

Oh well, I guess Alston could prove to be the next Schoen wunderkind in this game!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Pull Brady now.  He has his yards, don't wait until the EOQ.

Dru sure isn't afraid to sling it.  Needed a bit more arm on that EZ attempt.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Nice strip by Cole.  MOS happy, grinning.

I hope we don't play toooo physical on D.  I don't want CGY to think they need to amp it up and beat us up.  Being quick and around the ball is fine, but I'd avoid taking shots and too much bully ball.

I like Dort's coat.  She's growing on me, though no one can ever top Sarah.  I guess it was too cold for Lu  ;D ;D
Never go full Rider!