Toronto: Qwan?tez Stiggers*
Ottawa: Dustin Crum*
Montreal: Reggie Stubblefield

Throw Long Bannatyne

In the DIRTBAG OF THE YEAR category the final contestants are:

Micah Awe and Simoni Lawrence.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 25, 2023, 03:36:48 PM
https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/10/25/blue-bombers-announce-team-award-winners-5/

Most Outstanding Player: running back Brady Oliveira
Most Outstanding Canadian Player: running back Brady Oliveira*
Most Outstanding Defensive Player: defensive end Willie Jefferson*
Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman: right tackle Jermarcus Hardrick
Most Outstanding Special Teams Player: placekicker Sergio Castillo*
Most Outstanding Rookie: punter Jamieson Sheahan

*Indicates unanimous selection

Like. Nice to see JH51 in there this year.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Predictions:

Chad
Betts
BO
No idea - Hardrick just because
Leake
Stiggers - kind of a meh class TBH

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on October 25, 2023, 06:09:17 PM
Like. Nice to see JH51 in there this year.
His he not our pick every year at OL?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Stats Junkie

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 25, 2023, 06:08:50 PM
In the DIRTBAG OF THE YEAR category the final contestants are:

Micah Awe and Simoni Lawrence.
Montreal OL nominee Pier-Olivier Lestage is one of the most penalized players in the CFL this season. He has a league high 5 misconduct penalties and received a disqualification for spitting on an opponent.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 25, 2023, 06:45:13 PM

Think about it for 3 seconds, who won the Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman award the last two seasons?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 25, 2023, 03:36:48 PM
Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman: right tackle Jermarcus Hardrick

I knew it was going to be Brady.

As for Yoshi, so happy he finally gets some cred.  He may have whiffed a few more times than Big Stan, but I think he brings a ton more fire and morale to the O.  Just look at him strutting and running around the field to fire up the team!  I have no idea where he gets the energy at his age and size.

If the final selection isn't just based on stats, Yoshi could very well win it.  He's also the last guy you want to see barrelling towards you on a run block play.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on October 25, 2023, 06:53:41 PM
Montreal OL nominee Pier-Olivier Lestage is one of the most penalized players in the CFL this season. He has a league high 5 misconduct penalties and received a disqualification for spitting on an opponent.

To be fair, as I said in that GDT, the dude he spit on clearly leaned in an horked a loogie at him first; clear as day on camera.  Stegall said on TSN last year that you can let anything pass as a player, except spitting.  Spitting demands retaliation.
Never go full Rider!

barbk

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 25, 2023, 06:45:13 PM
No Stanley Bryant is the one you are thinking about....  Yeah Goldmember you didn't pick in Week #20
for the pickems?  Where did you go?

bunker

I think Brady objectively deserves MOP. Has played every game, having an historic year for one of the 2 best teams in the league, a dual threat both passing and running. He's far in front of the other running backs in the league in terms of productivity. Kelly's stats are inferior to Zach's. Unfortunately, the pro Toronto bias will prevail.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on October 25, 2023, 09:55:42 PM
No Stanley Bryant is the one you are thinking about....  Yeah Goldmember you didn't pick in Week #20
for the pickems?  Where did you go?

Goldie was taking in a Vikings or Chiefs game, though I can't remember which... I'm sure he'll chime in  ;D  Sucks that he didn't get his picks in in the hotel... doh!  Maybe Goldie having a little too much fun down south  ;D ;D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bunker on October 26, 2023, 12:43:33 AM
I think Brady objectively deserves MOP. Has played every game, having an historic year for one of the 2 best teams in the league, a dual threat both passing and running. He's far in front of the other running backs in the league in terms of productivity. Kelly's stats are inferior to Zach's. Unfortunately, the pro Toronto bias will prevail.

To me the clincher for Brady over Zach is Brady beat AH33's single season yardage records.  And the league looks for that too, doing "standout" things.  For Kelly, he has the single-season win record, plus the only game they were really threatened in (vs WPG) they sat Kelly so he wouldn't risk taking the L to tarnish his record.

In Brady v Kelly, I'm not positive Kelly will win.  Likely, because of TOR bias, but not a slam dunk.  I don't find Kelly very likeable (mean resting face, attitude) vs Brady who helps mistreated puppies and is eminently likeable.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 25, 2023, 05:49:08 PM
MOST OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE PLAYER

Toronto: Adarius Pickett

Bit surprised by this one.  Ya he seems good, but better than all that other beef on their D?  I thought McManis was the 2nd coming?  What about the front 4?  SAM is a very weird pick for MODP.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

It is interesting and laudable that only one person had only one incorrect player named in the Blue Bomber player award nominations.  Out of respect, I will not name that member except to say that he probably the most knowledgeable member on the forum.  He likely is too humble to accept such recognition but suffice it to say, congratulations and accolades are appropriate and deserved.  A high degree of player performance assessment and a keen eye, intelligence and experience are qualities that, while desired by many, but realized by few, clearly resulted in the high score by the member in question. He will, by his request, remain anonymous.  ;D 8)
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden