The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Started by ModAdmin, October 22, 2023, 04:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

With so many players in a out in this game, it is difficult to make real assessments but here goes...

The Good

Oliveira, Collaros, Bighill, Lawler, Brown, Bailey.
Oliveira and Demski's 1,000+ and 1000+.
No Zach or Dru interceptions.
3 Bomber turnovers and 4 sacks.
8 and 1 record at home this season.
Holding Elks Ford to just 14 yards rushing.

The Bad

Bomber Penalties (some although suspect).
ST breakdowns at times including the the TD return by Elks 81.
Eugene Lewis' 7 catches for 158 yards.

The Ugly

The unsportsman call on Hardrick.  Lame to say the least.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

bwiser

Good- sellout crowd for a meaningless game in late October
        -Dru Brown looking like he's ready to start
        -Olivera of course
        -defensive line owning the Elks O line
        - appeared to get through game injury free
Bad-kick return TD
      -smell coming from Regina
     -weak halftime show
Ugly-Bombers taking a misconduct penalty [that's what our opponents do, not us]
      -

Pete

The only other bad may be Parker and rose appeared to be weaker, Parker seems to get more than his share of interference calls, while rose gets beat a few times each game.
The other good is how richie hall at half time makes adjustments every game, again in 2nd half we shut them down on defense. (the only td was a kickoff return)
Quote from: ModAdmin on October 22, 2023, 04:52:48 AM
With so many players in a out in this game, it is difficult to make real assessments but here goes...

The Good

Oliveira, Collaros, Bighill, Lawler, Brown, Bailey.
Oliveira and Demski's 1,000+ and 1000+.
No Zach or Dru interceptions.
3 Bomber turnovers and 4 sacks.
8 and 1 record at home this season.
Holding Elks Ford to just 14 yards rushing.

The Bad

Bomber Penalties (some although suspect).
ST breakdowns at times including the the TD return by Elks 81.
Eugene Lewis' 7 catches for 158 yards.

The Ugly

The unsportsman call on Hardrick.  Lame to say the least.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on October 22, 2023, 05:31:02 PM
The only other bad may be Parker and rose appeared to be weaker, Parker seems to get more than his share of interference calls, while rose gets beat a few times each game.
The other good is how richie hall at half time makes adjustments every game, again in 2nd half we shut them down on defense. (the only td was a kickoff return)

Worried about Rose again, he seems to get beat on a long gainer or TD run almost every game lately, he should not be matched up against the other teams best receiver, give that job to Parker.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 22, 2023, 06:51:40 PM
Worried about Rose again, he seems to get beat on a long gainer or TD run almost every game lately, he should not be matched up against the other teams best receiver, give that job to Parker.

Pretty sure Nichols is the one who gets the opponent's top SB.  But Rose does need to up his game when it comes to sticking with his assignment instead of peeking at the QB.  I still have faith in Rose, he'll be fine in the post-season.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bwiser on October 22, 2023, 04:18:45 PM
Ugly-Bombers taking a misconduct penalty [that's what our opponents do, not us]

You said it; that shocked me.  I haven't TV-watched the game yet so I don't know if it was legit or not.  IGF jumbotron was horrifically bad for replays; even worse than usual.
Never go full Rider!

VictorRomano

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 22, 2023, 06:51:40 PM

Dunnigan's comment about Rose being an old man trying to run down an old man (Manny A) were spot on.

Waffler

Quote from: VictorRomano on October 22, 2023, 10:45:40 PM
Dunnigan's comment about Rose being an old man trying to run down an old man (Manny A) were spot on.

Rose is only 29! But that straight arm ....yikes. Cost us 40 more yards.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

dd

Rose has been getting pushed around like a child out on the field. Definitely an area of concern, and guaranteed offenses will be going after him

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 23, 2023, 12:01:08 AM
Rose has been getting pushed around like a child out on the field. Definitely an area of concern, and guaranteed offenses will be going after him

Then maybe we should scheme up Rose to cover the smaller receivers of the opponent.  If they put their big body receivers on him, switch him to the other side.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

GOOD

Watch Biggie 3Q11:27 when he slows down the carrier on a run play.  He does something I'm not sure I've ever seen before.  He gets pushed down by a blocker, so he's on all 4's, the carrier is running outside of him, and somehow Biggie manages to basically instantly make a second lunge from all 4's, like a feline, and gets the ankle and holds him just long enough to slow him down so the other guys come in an finish him off around the LoS.  The icing on the cake is I think the carrier is also stiff-arming the top of his helmet to keep him down, and Biggie still pulls it off!

This is an insane play, and it just goes by without hardly anyone taking notice.

I think Biggie still has another season in him!

McCrae's 4Q13:54 TD is an amazing scheme and great route by McCrae (and Lawler as clearing).  Pre-snap they shuffle McCrae out from RB and show JA27 coming in to replace him as RB.  This gets Moragn (huge MLB) covering McCrae on the out route in the flat.  Ya, good luck with that.  Accurate throw by Dru == TD.  This is a new play for us.  Brilliant.  Fun.

UGLY

3Q1:25 Grant getting taken down by his hair on his biggest return.  If he doesn't have that impediment of a hairdo he either breaks free or gets a free 15Y from a horsecollar tackle.  Tuck it in your jersey Grant!!  Or just chop it off.

The KO return TD by EDM#81, there's almost certainly an illegal block putting the guy who would be directly in 81's path on the turf with an EDM guy standing over him with hands on his numbers.  Unfortunately we only get to see the end result of that IB in the corner of the screen on the 1st replay.  No other angles show it.

Can't make out who it was, but he was white, and not Holm Hansen Hallett.  So maybe Briggs or Cadwall?  Anyhow, it wasn't a clean/fair run like I first thought @IGF.  The key tell was that massive hole with 5 EDM guys running through it unimpeded.  It was chicanery-aided.  I noticed TSN (nor the jumbotron) showed any replays (like the all-24) that would have clearly shown the IB.  But that's ok, it happens, and we were still winning no matter what.  Gives the guys something to work on before the WDF so it doesn't happen again.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

UGLY GOOD

4Q0:16 Fatboi chases carrier Moore 25Y down the field and makes the final tackle with a full-body pancake at speed.  If I'm lightweight Moore, I'm not liking that.  Great hustle by Fatboi even though the game was over.  Anytime he pancakes someone, I'm a happy camper.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 23, 2023, 08:08:57 AM
UGLY GOOD

4Q0:16 Fatboi chases carrier Moore 25Y down the field and makes the final tackle with a full-body pancake at speed.  If I'm lightweight Moore, I'm not liking that.  Great hustle by Fatboi even though the game was over.  Anytime he pancakes someone, I'm a happy camper.
That was impressive
Sometimes you need a fresh start

Horseman

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 23, 2023, 05:20:59 AM
GOOD

Watch Biggie 3Q11:27 when he slows down the carrier on a run play.  He does something I'm not sure I've ever seen before.  He gets pushed down by a blocker, so he's on all 4's, the carrier is running outside of him, and somehow Biggie manages to basically instantly make a second lunge from all 4's, like a feline, and gets the ankle and holds him just long enough to slow him down so the other guys come in an finish him off around the LoS.  The icing on the cake is I think the carrier is also stiff-arming the top of his helmet to keep him down, and Biggie still pulls it off!

This is an insane play, and it just goes by without hardly anyone taking notice.

I think Biggie still has another season in him!

McCrae's 4Q13:54 TD is an amazing scheme and great route by McCrae (and Lawler as clearing).  Pre-snap they shuffle McCrae out from RB and show JA27 coming in to replace him as RB.  This gets Moragn (huge MLB) covering McCrae on the out route in the flat.  Ya, good luck with that.  Accurate throw by Dru == TD.  This is a new play for us.  Brilliant.  Fun.

UGLY

3Q1:25 Grant getting taken down by his hair on his biggest return.  If he doesn't have that impediment of a hairdo he either breaks free or gets a free 15Y from a horsecollar tackle.  Tuck it in your jersey Grant!!  Or just chop it off.

The KO return TD by EDM#81, there's almost certainly an illegal block putting the guy who would be directly in 81's path on the turf with an EDM guy standing over him with hands on his numbers.  Unfortunately we only get to see the end result of that IB in the corner of the screen on the 1st replay.  No other angles show it.

Can't make out who it was, but he was white, and not Holm Hansen Hallett.  So maybe Briggs or Cadwall?  Anyhow, it wasn't a clean/fair run like I first thought @IGF.  The key tell was that massive hole with 5 EDM guys running through it unimpeded.  It was chicanery-aided.  I noticed TSN (nor the jumbotron) showed any replays (like the all-24) that would have clearly shown the IB.  But that's ok, it happens, and we were still winning no matter what.  Gives the guys something to work on before the WDF so it doesn't happen again.

Yes, I saw the IB on that return right away and thought the refs would throw the flag. The Edm player clearly pushes the Bomber player in the back causing him to fall past the returner.

barbk

Quote from: Horseman on October 23, 2023, 03:37:03 PM
Yes, I saw the IB on that return right away and thought the refs would throw the flag. The Edm player clearly pushes the Bomber player in the back causing him to fall past the returner.

I thought it was on #16 Jake Kelly or #3 Hansen  Okay I texted the Coach's show and he said no.