Calgary at BC

Started by Jesse, October 21, 2023, 01:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 21, 2023, 04:01:02 AM
No more than he already is.

I think he was pulled for:
1. sucking (accuracy affected by wonky knee, understandable)
2. finally realizing they need him healthy for the WDF to have any hope
3. stopping the bleeding morale

It's the right move.  Abandon this game if they have to, it really doesn't matter.  We'll beat EDM tomorrow and the whole world knows it.

And so far with a BC TD it's paying off.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

BC really really loves to attack that middle mid-pass against zone.  TOR does this extensively, too.  Many teams, like CGY here (and us the other week), go zone on 2nd and long and leave that hole in the middle.  A great way to beat these 2 teams is to find ways to goad them into that middle zone throw and steal an INT.  Or just cover that darn spot with an extra LBer or bring up the FS.

The key to that throw is you need a ton of zip on the ball.  VAJ, Kelly and now Evans clearly can put the heat on those balls to avoid the normal zone INT attempts.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

At the Evans INT: Evans is having visions of the '19 GC and our pressure.  Evans be Evans.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on October 21, 2023, 04:13:01 AM
First place looking like a reality

Yup, bock bock bock chickens like me might get their wish.

So now, here's the interesting thing: how is BC going to find an answer in 2 weeks to beat CGY, once again in BC Place??

I think they can do it, as clearly this is just BC's long overdue trap game against a bad opponent.  We had our share of these this season, now BC can do it.  It all evens out over time.

Go Stamps!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Craig completely melting down.  Always like to see that.  I like that the EITS is policing low or cut/chop blocks more now, though it does slow the game down.  That's how knees get blown out, and for nothing away from the play.

Hmm, in this case, if the box (within the DEs) has moved due to the wash, and the D guy isn't engaged, then how can that be illegal?  Does the definition of the "box" not change as the box moves?  I'll have to investigate further later.  That would be funny if command royally botched this one.

Haha, Carey with a brilliant escape and then Betts pulls a Teuhema and really late hits Maier.  And this after I touted his self-discipline earlier in the thread!

Siddiqi being hurt is really bad for them as what I said has come to pass: no more good DEs.  Menard will have to do, at least he's serviceable.  Siddiqi giving that "I'm out for the season" look.

Do we have to start thinking about a CGY/WPG WDF??  Yikes, on paper that sounds easy, but as we see tonight, CGY can be deceptive and wily.  All season we've been prepping for a BC showdown, and to be honest that scares me less than a wildcard.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Why does CGY run the same redzone play to the corner against double coverage?  Who does that?  Almost lost the chance for a FG.  You're at the 10 and you don't run Carey twice?  He has like 110Y rushing and BC can't stop it.  Just give him the ball!!  Corner fades rarely work in the redzone: only 30 yards to play with.

Fire up the tickets to HAM in a few weeks guys!

P.S. That Judge INT was exactly what I said to attack BC/TOR's fixation on those 25Y middle passes on zone.  Perfectly executed.  Hall take note, we'll need that same strategy.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

1st place in the west! Grey cup goes through winnipeg again!

TecnoGenius

Who would have guessed the CGY D would be the D fantasy pick of the week!!  Well, 7% did.

Half the "big guys" price and 15 points so far...  Unbelievable.  You gotta love the CFL.

Watching these teams beat the bleep out of each other is all the motivation we need to rest as much as we can.  McInnis limping now, lots of players for both BC and CGY our hobbling around or on the sidelines.  They're going all out.  This is like a playoff game.  Both these teams are going to be limping into the WSF.

Strange: Judge seems concussed but he never hit his head... definite world-spinning movements on field and sidelines.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on October 21, 2023, 04:53:48 AM
1st place in the west! Grey cup goes through winnipeg again!

Gotta love it man!!  Nice.  Enjoy it guys & gals!  Not every day you win the West 3 years running.

What a great way to start a weekend!

Now let's go clobber EDM with Dru taking 90% of the snaps!

SSK was really really dumb to not try harder in McMahon last week.  They had a great shot at 3rd and they blew it.  Blow up time in SSK incoming!!  'Bout time.

BC taking L-formation in a critical game with 1:30 on the clock?  I'm not sure I've ever seen that before?  That's even more pathetic than the 20s L-formation.  The BC fans @ BC Place must be furious.  That's boobird territory in my books.  It's all slipping away for BC... better luck next year!  Maybe you'll get Rourke back; and find a RB.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Can't believe how many here went to bed before seeing us clinch #1?!?!  Gotta stay up for this stuff!  ;D
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

I think MODP in the West is going to be between Betts and Awe, despite Awe being fined for 3 head shots this season he's going to get serious consideration. 

Stamps running the ball well makes them a different team, they should have figured that out two seasons ago.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 21, 2023, 05:29:39 AM
I think MODP in the West is going to be between Betts and Awe, despite Awe being fined for 3 head shots this season he's going to get serious consideration. 

Betts is an enigma.  He had a monster first 1/2 or 2/3 season, but has really fallen off since then.  When OC's have figured him out (like Hall and CGY's OC), he becomes completely neutered.  I'm not worried about Betts.  BC had no answer for our jumbo sets.

As for MODP, too bad we can't really think of a WPG one?  Walker has been darn stout, and quite surprising actually.  But tough to beat the "top names" guys.
Never go full Rider!

PurpleReign

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 21, 2023, 05:50:50 AM
Betts is an enigma.  He had a monster first 1/2 or 2/3 season, but has really fallen off since then.  When OC's have figured him out (like Hall and CGY's OC), he becomes completely neutered.  I'm not worried about Betts.  BC had no answer for our jumbo sets.

As for MODP, too bad we can't really think of a WPG one?  Walker has been darn stout, and quite surprising actually.  But tough to beat the "top names" guys.

Because if you really know Betts like I do you wouldn?t be surprised by this. He had his great sack year but that?s because of the system in BC no regard for defending run and fully attacking QB all out. Betts is good when things go right but when they are not he pouts and curls up like a ball. He goes MIA in between many games. His stupid grin when he does something stupid says it all. His weakness is against the run along with his other sidekicks. BC can?t run the ball and they can?t defend the run. No team like this will go far in the playoffs. BC won?t even reach the Western Final if they face Calgary again and get run over in the running game by them again. If they do make it to the final the Bombers would destroy them by just running the ball all game long.

Blue In BC

I had no doubt the Bombers would secure 1st place on their own if necessary. However with the Lions loss it gives us an opportunity to rest some vets over the next two games.

What I didn't expect was the Lions being blown out. I think the Bombers crushed their mojo.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

peg_city

Watching the game, it seemed like BC was more bad, then Calgary was good. BC didn't look like a team about to win the Grey Cup.