Calgary at BC

Started by Jesse, October 21, 2023, 01:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

I'll be pouring a drink and watching this one.

Again, I'm personally hoping BC wins and we have something to play for tomorrow. I know some of you chickens hope BC loses and we clinch first place while we sleep, but that just sounds boring to me.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

All in on Calgary winning...boring is good

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Ugh bagelton - gotta catch that one

The Zipp

Ugh.  Dukes has to catch that

Jesse

Those two drops on the first drive were a killer.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Just started watching: I can't believe it: they just announced Hatcher is a late scratch!  This completely kills many fans' fantasy picks.  14% of the fantasy players' that picked him in fact.  Including me.

I'm within shooting distance of winning #1 (ya, I'm 171 right now, but only 140 pts behind #1 which is doable if I have a few big weeks).

People were complaining about depth chart chicanery in other forums and how it ruins fantasy players, or even "real money" that gamblers have on the line.

Did anyone catch a reason for Hatcher being out?  And to think I was *this* close to picking Hollins but I had some extra $$ leftover and changed to Hatcher.

I know, I know, non-fantasy players will think this is all stupid, but it's a big deal for fantasy players.  This costs me (and thousands of other players) 20-30pts this week.  I just thank the Lord that I didn't pick him as captain!!  (Go Brady!)
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Bc looks terrible at this point

Blueforlife

Let's go Stamps
Let's go
VAJ serving duck
Sometimes you need a fresh start

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on October 21, 2023, 02:37:58 AM
Bc looks terrible at this point

I wonder if VAJ is still hurting.

He?s making the Stamps D look pretty good.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Is Tommy stevens better than Prukop at short yardage ?

Dumb penalties by BC.  Coach Campbell was ticked at 47

TecnoGenius

I'm at the DPI challenge so far.  VAJ looking horrible.  You can tell the injury is throwing off his accuracy, even if it doesn't hurt much.  Makes sense.  We could see Evans come in instead.  VAJ taking sacks too, which can't help his knee.  I disagree with their approach as this isn't the critical game: the WDF is the critical game.  CGY obviously came with a plan to win, has the hunger.

Macsymic: the OC that hates the run.  Not smart, because VAJ isn't throwing well and CGY D seems to not have planned much for the run.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

What is BC/Campbell doing going for it on 3rd & 2 at the 50 and throwing it 20 yards downfield?  That's a low percentage play.

Desperate teams do that, not top-3 teams.  MOS would never do that.  Why is BC considering themselves desperate?  Were they that concerned the momentum was being lost irretrievably?  To me this smacks of weakness and they shouldn't show weakness even if they feel weakness.  They should show strength by playing normal ball.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 21, 2023, 03:25:16 AM
What is BC/Campbell doing going for it on 3rd & 2 at the 50 and throwing it 20 yards downfield?  That's a low percentage play.

Desperate teams do that, not top-3 teams.  MOS would never do that.  Why is BC considering themselves desperate?  Were they that concerned the momentum was being lost irretrievably?  To me this smacks of weakness and they shouldn't show weakness even if they feel weakness.  They should show strength by playing normal ball.

I think that is their normal ball. That?s how they play.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 21, 2023, 01:51:49 AM
I know some of you chickens hope BC loses and we clinch first place while we sleep, but that just sounds boring to me.

Count me chicken, then!  But it's not so much chicken "scared we'll lose" as chicken "scared we'll take injuries".  Just look at VAJ.  Valid concern.  If BC loses then Zach can play 1.5 Q's and then rest.

So ya, go CGY!!

Oh ya, if CGY wins it screws over the Riders, so you guys should be on board with that.  In fact, many Rider fans and foes are hoping CGY wins so that they can finally fire their hapless HC and (hopefully) GM.
Never go full Rider!