Justin Medlock Blue Bomber Hall of Fame

Started by ModAdmin, October 19, 2023, 05:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Nice comment by arguably the best kicker ever in the CFL...

Bob Irving
@BobIrvingCJOB
Justin Medlock made a super classy acceptance speech, humorous and heartfelt, as he was inducted into the Blue Bomber hall of fame Wednesday night, thanking the Blue Bombers for giving him the best 4 years of his career. Well done Money Medlock.

More on Justin Medlock here...

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/10/18/justin-medlock-inducted-into-wfc-hall-of-fame/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

What a talent. I am glad he's going into the Winnipeg Blue Bombers hall of fame.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Wow
a) why didn't I hear about him going in sooner?
b) he got in pretty quickly, having only retired a few years ago
c) good for him!
d) when's he coming back?  ;D ;D the CFL is short on good kickers
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on October 19, 2023, 05:57:09 AM
What a talent. I am glad he's going into the Winnipeg Blue Bombers hall of fame.

Ditto. He was a major key in the team's success during his tenure - both in terms of talent and leadership.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

drahgon

Congrats to Medlock, well deserved honour!

TecnoGenius

But he shouldn't have missed that one kick in the '19 GC  ;) ;) ;) 8)

Missed his chance at GC history.  I would root for Castillo to break that record, but I'm really hoping for more majors in this GC, not FGs.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Sometimes you need a fresh start

ModAdmin

Your chance to get the autograph of one of the great kickers in CFL history...

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
@Wpg_BlueBombers

Justin Medlock will be in the Bomber Store this Friday (Oct 20) signing autographs from 6 pm to 7 pm!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 20, 2023, 05:07:27 AM
Your chance to get the autograph of one of the great kickers in CFL history...

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
@Wpg_BlueBombers

Justin Medlock will be in the Bomber Store this Friday (Oct 20) signing autographs from 6 pm to 7 pm!
Real nice touch! Maybe the Jets can take note of doing stuff like this! ;)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Stretch

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 20, 2023, 08:38:59 AM

I'd rather the Jets win a few games first.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Stretch

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 19, 2023, 04:46:58 PM

a) why didn't I hear about him going in sooner?

Because you didn't read this announcement that came out at the end of June: http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=55001.0
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_or_die

Crucial role in the Lapolice/Nichols years. Get enough safe offense to get in his range, and he was money just about all the time.

I still think of what could have been in the 2016 semifinal at BC Place when we asked him to make a 65 yarder. I know the call was controversial but what if he made the kick (historic), we win the game and then just maybe we go all the way and win the cup? We were humming that year.

Anyway, congrats Money Medlock!
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stretch on October 20, 2023, 11:57:49 AM
Because you didn't read this announcement that came out at the end of June: http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=55001.0

Oops, I did miss it!  Must have been busy that week.  Hate it when that happens.

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 19, 2023, 05:31:12 AM
hall of fame Wednesday night, thanking the Blue Bombers for giving him the best 4 years of his career. Well done Money

Interesting he calls it his "best": bit of a snub to HAM?  Or will he say "best" there when he get inducted into their HoF?  ;D ;D  Or is he speaking more "statistically"?

Is it strange at all that he's getting in with "only" 4 years here?  I guess we're basing HoF access more on production than on longevity?  I'm fine with that, as he did win quite a few games on the back of his crazy FG range and accuracy.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 20, 2023, 08:38:59 AM

Did you miss the Dubois ceremony on Tues?

chuckle...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.