GDTs Saturday Oct 14, 2023: MTL@EDM & OTT@TOR

Started by TecnoGenius, October 15, 2023, 01:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Guess the games are boring: no thread yet.

Have at it!

I'm just starting the EDM game.  Cool stat on Manny Show, good for him.

I guess an EDM win has the chance of making things easier for HAM?  Or does MTL have the tie-breaker on HAM and thus locked up the home ESF?  Whoever makes it to the EDF, I just want to see TOR lose and be humiliated, or at least get all worn out before the GC.

I wonder what wackiness and novel stuff we'll see today.  CFL rarely fails to surprise.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

EDM looking hot so far.  MTL looking disinterested... have they already sealed up the home WSF??

This is really screwing with my fantasy EDM D pick...  :o :P :-X :'(
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Missed the 1st game.  Pretty good battle in the 2nd one.
Sometimes you need a fresh start

Blueforlife

Piggy T can't secure the rock on the blitz x2
Sometimes you need a fresh start

TecnoGenius

1 hour into the EDM game, right after the Moore TD, he's chatting with buddies on the sidelines and E.Lewis drops another TSN-mic N-bomb.  Oops, CFL.  At least this time he's not yelling it at the camera, and may not even know he's on, and he's talking friendly banter with his buds.

I guess CFL will have to re-issue the memo.  Refs can't police what players say on the sidelines out of earshot.

Am I incorrect in thinking that if they N-bomb on-field and the ref hears it it's an instant OC flag?  I thought they decided on something like that a few years back.  Is that the only banned word in terms of OC?  I know other smacktalk might get you a flag, but in terms of just saying one single word to draw a flag, this might be the only one?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

EDM game 4Q10:46: Lestage gets ejected for spitting.  The replay clearly shows #29 EDM spits at him first.  Lestage merely retaliates in kind.

Command screws up yet again, they clearly reviewed the situation to confirm and they didn't notice what #29 did first?

I can understand Lestage's reaction, because if the refs miss #29's spit then he gets away with the worst football insult (per Stegall) scott free.  If he retaliates and command doesn't figure things out, then he's the one who gets ejected.  Milt said he'd go to town on someone spitting on him back when the CFL last had a spit-gate a season or two back.

Still 25Y costs your team (an INT in this case) and being DQ'd hurts your team as they are down to 0 spare OL.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Watching the TOR game now and the stands still look super sparse.  Their team rewards them with that home record, and lock up the E in record time, and still no one shows up?  WPG is about to sell out their final home game!

Shameful TOR, shameful.  I hope they lose the EDF or GC as punishment.  That city doesn't deserve a good team.  HAM is a far more faithful and appreciative fan base.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

TOR game: wow, Pigrome really sucks.  It's just the same as what I said when he botched a couple of 3rd downs for us and then botched 3rd downs in whatever teams he's been with since then: he doesn't take his role seriously.  He doesn't take the CFL seriously.  He doesn't take the opponents seriously.

He goes out there in this game and sucks at SY, then sucks bad at QB with 2 strip-fumbles behind the LoS, and maybe some sacks too.

He did have 1 nice zip pass for maybe 20, and he trucked a LB(!!) on a scramble run.  Those were fun.

But when he comes off after those fumbles and just looks like "meh who cares", it shows me why The Mafia fired him.  He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

I'm pretty sure his time in the CFL will be very short, no matter how nicely he throws those mid/deep passes.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 16, 2023, 04:35:31 AM
TOR game: wow, Pigrome really sucks.  It's just the same as what I said when he botched a couple of 3rd downs for us and then botched 3rd downs in whatever teams he's been with since then: he doesn't take his role seriously.  He doesn't take the CFL seriously.  He doesn't take the opponents seriously.

He goes out there in this game and sucks at SY, then sucks bad at QB with 2 strip-fumbles behind the LoS, and maybe some sacks too.

He did have 1 nice zip pass for maybe 20, and he trucked a LB(!!) on a scramble run.  Those were fun.

But when he comes off after those fumbles and just looks like "meh who cares", it shows me why The Mafia fired him.  He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

I'm pretty sure his time in the CFL will be very short, no matter how nicely he throws those mid/deep passes.
Oh man, he was just bloody awful! What kind of ball management skills are those? One hand on the ball waving it around loosely just daring to have it stripped and stripped it was, multiple times. What a terrible performance. I wouldn't want that man anywhere near the football on my team. Too bad because he likely has some physical skills but you just can't fix what he is ailing from.
Go Bombers!

theaardvark

Quote from: J5V on October 16, 2023, 10:32:58 PM
Oh man, he was just bloody awful! What kind of ball management skills are those? One hand on the ball waving it around loosely just daring to have it stripped and stripped it was, multiple times. What a terrible performance. I wouldn't want that man anywhere near the football on my team. Too bad because he likely has some physical skills but you just can't fix what he is ailing from.

Well, we'd probably still have him here if Prokup hadn't come back.

Thank goodness he did...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

J5V

Quote from: theaardvark on October 17, 2023, 11:35:10 PM
Well, we'd probably still have him here if Prokup hadn't come back.

Thank goodness he did...
X 2!
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on October 18, 2023, 11:23:14 PM
X 2!

Ya, boy did we sure dodge a bullet.  And we were all wondering why The Mafia were so antsy about getting Prukop.  And some wanted to start Piggy over Dru, LOL.  I was a bit tempted too!  MOS knows best.
Never go full Rider!