SEASON TICKETS 2024

Started by jayrock, October 12, 2023, 04:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayrock

Well, the time has come, after a few years away from being a season ticket holder my wife and I will be getting seasons for next year. we have been out of it for a while with the kids and all the time they and their activities take up.
Quick question, there is a pair of seats we like and would be happy with that we could lock into right now. The thing is, what are the chances of after 2023 ticket holders renew that better seats pop up. If I get get now, can I switch after renewals happen.

Little help please. Not looking at breaking the bank, but some good upper deck seats. LOL
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

blue_gold_84

I'd say your best bet would be to contact the ticket office and see what works for you.

We started off in 2013 in section 224 about midway up and they were decent seats for the price but we were stuck watching the screens to see the other side of the field. We upgraded in 2014 to section 230 row 12 which was smackdab at centre field. The price increase was negligible for the much improved views. I'd highly recommend starting there depending on your price point.

Carol was always super helpful over the phone when I had questions regarding season tickets. I'd probably start by calling the ticket office: 204-784-7448.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

email Dane (dtaylor@bluebombers.com).

Copy and paste your question to him, let him walk you through it.
My wife is amazing!

wpg#1

I'm thinking that even if you commit to tickets now, if something comes available later, you could switch.
not 100% sure, but I bet they are willing to do that for you.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 12, 2023, 04:38:57 PM
I'd say your best bet would be to contact the ticket office and see what works for you.

We started off in 2013 in section 224 about midway up and they were decent seats for the price but we were stuck watching the screens to see the other side of the field. We upgraded in 2014 to section 230 row 12 which was smackdab at centre field. The price increase was negligible for the much improved views. I'd highly recommend starting there depending on your price point.

Carol was always super helpful over the phone when I had questions regarding season tickets. I'd probably start by calling the ticket office: 204-784-7448.

Man, Jesse and I are 5 rows behind you...
#Ride?

Blueforlife

Upper deck centre best view in the house.  Carol is who I deal with, upgrades always available each year.

[Name] Carol Bombers
[Mobile] (204) 784-7420

Best part about seasons is selling extra tickets to buddies that want to see a few games and Carol can add them to your account and avoid fees!
Sometimes you need a fresh start

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on October 12, 2023, 04:27:30 PM
Well, the time has come, after a few years away from being a season ticket holder my wife and I will be getting seasons for next year. we have been out of it for a while with the kids and all the time they and their activities take up.
Quick question, there is a pair of seats we like and would be happy with that we could lock into right now. The thing is, what are the chances of after 2023 ticket holders renew that better seats pop up. If I get get now, can I switch after renewals happen.

Little help please. Not looking at breaking the bank, but some good upper deck seats. LOL

Didn't know you were in WPG?!  I'm assuming you're not talking about getting ST @Mosaic!

Like they said, pretty sure you can pick what looks available now and change later within the same price zone.  Might be harder to change to a different zone (more complications) but they can probably do that too, especially if you "upgrade".

My advice, which I cannot recommend enough, is either come early or stay late to the EDM@WPG game and walk around to the area you are thinking of and actually sit down in potential preferred seats and look at the field.  We've been doing this a lot this year as we want to change our seats for '24.  If you get in right when the tailgate stadium door opens you have well over 60mins before kickoff, and after the game you get about 20mins to wander the upper decks until they start kicking you out.

If there's someone you like on the forum, PM them to find out where they sit and if they want you next to them.  :D :D  Preferably ones that won't berate you too much when it's SSK@WPG.  :D :D :D

I'm in upper level midfield-ish west and can't recommend it enough.  Every seat is good, assuming you can climb ok.  That reminds me, if you like to be noisy, sit in cheaper/farther back seats; if you like to be quiet, sit in more expensive/further forward seats: at least on the west side.  East side might be generally more rowdy.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 12, 2023, 07:37:00 PM

And I'm on the other side of the aisle nearby too... but farther back.  Every year I want farther back.  The last few steps ache a little bit more in my old age, but it's worth the climb, and good for my fitness.  Can't lose with 229-231.  Even 228 & 232 are nice but pretty sure they are all the same price tier, so why not sit closer to C?  The next price tier out is still nice, done stubhubs there in the past, and really nice rowdy people.  Love rowdy people!

And the equivalent on east side is good too, though of course you have to contend with the sun for 30 mins or so for most games.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 13, 2023, 03:01:49 AM
Best part about seasons is selling extra tickets to buddies that want to see a few games and Carol can add them to your account and avoid fees!

I didn't know that!  How does that work?!
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Sounds like someone's going to be getting some popcorn to the back of their head.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Best section in the upper east side AFAIC! Unfortunately, I don't have season tickets anymore.

Quote from: Jesse on October 13, 2023, 01:03:24 PM
Sounds like someone's going to be getting some popcorn to the back of their head.

At least buy me a beer first. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

jayrock

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I will start reaching out to all the contacts you gave me.

The seats we have for the playoffs are actually the ones we are looking at getting for seasons. Section 205 row 15, so if we like them I will most likely just get them if they are still available.

And for those who do not know. Yes I live in Winnipeg, moved here to finish school in 1998, got a job, met my wife, had kids....never left. We had seasons at the old stadium before we started our family and could just walk. Even used to do the dunk tank on family day. So now that kids are older, we can attend more games and the kids can use the tickets. Oh, and yes the wife and the kids are bomber fans. LOL

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on October 13, 2023, 02:18:14 PM
The seats we have for the playoffs are actually the ones we are looking at getting for seasons. Section 205 row 15, so if we like them I will most likely just get them if they are still available.

And for those who do not know. Yes I live in Winnipeg, moved here to finish school in 1998, got a job, met my wife, had kids....never left. We had seasons at the old stadium before we started our family and could just walk. Even used to do the dunk tank on family day. So now that kids are older, we can attend more games and the kids can use the tickets. Oh, and yes the wife and the kids are bomber fans. LOL

Awesome jayrock, welcome back.  Hope you wear your green to games, shout your Rider Pride (or is it Rider Insanity?)  ;D ;D ;D

Gotta do one of those cut-2-jerseys-in-half-and-resew-into-two-of-both-teams-combined things with your wife.  Or not.

205 is east siii-eeeed, which is cool, but you won't be near us 229-231's.  205 is nice as it's still not too far over to see the whole field well but you get the lower ticket price.

I'll look across in my binocs for your green jersey in '24 week 1 and wave  8) 8) 8) ;D
Never go full Rider!

jayrock

Ya, I promise you that I will never ever have one of those two team jerseys.
I only wear my full rider gear to games the riders are in town.

GOLDMEMBER

Sounds fair all around Jayrock. Nice to see all the above.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!