BC @ Tiger-Cats - October (Friday the) 13th

Started by peg_city, October 09, 2023, 09:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peg_city

Wanted to start this early. Looks to be the game of the week.

Hamilton is 5-2 in their last 7 (both losses were to Toronto). The game is in Hamilton.

As we know, BC needs the win to still have a change to finish first. The BC/Stamps game the following week will be much easier for the Lions.

TecnoGenius

It actually should be a very good week for good games.

BC@HAM: BC needs the win to stay alive for WDF and they want to avenge their WPG loss; and HAM sniffs a home playoff date if they can beat MTL.  HAM always plays extra hard at home.

SSK@CGY: Both teams need this win to ensure they don't miss the playoffs.  If CGY wins they have the series and then just have to beat a WPG B-team in the final week.  SSK is thoroughly demoralized and even hardcore fans think they won't win anything else.  And CGY needs to put on a win show at home in order to sell the '24 STs.

MTL@EDM: I think EDM is eliminated, but they're on a bit of a roll and also want a good show at home for '24 ST sales.  MTL may really need this win to get a home playoff, depending on whether HAM wins the day before or not.

Even the OTT@TOR game might be good, as neither has anything to play for, but OTT has pride (unlike SSK), and TOR will be fielding the C-teams but still want a feel-good win at home.

So even though not Bomber game, it should be a fun 12 hours of TV viewing.

P.S. Friday games are overlapping, 6pm and 8:30pm.  Adjust PVRs accordingly.  I bet the end of the BC game will be more exciting than the start of the SSK game.

P.P.S. If SSK royally stinks up @CGY in a must-win game, CKRM will be lit post-game... lots of fun and tears.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Cheering for Hamilton this week and would love to see the riders slide even further into despair..."Canada's Team" looking pretty dreadful...

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on October 13, 2023, 03:37:02 PM
Cheering for Hamilton this week and would love to see the riders slide even further into despair..."Canada's Team" looking pretty dreadful...

I'll take the opposite approach if only because I think the Riders defensive front is actually decent and I'd rather they get 60 minutes knocking Vernon Adams around than Calgary in the the West Semi.

Blue In BC

Will be cheering for the Ti Cats tonight. That will further disrupt the Lions mojo.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 13, 2023, 04:34:12 PM
Will be cheering for the Ti Cats tonight. That will further disrupt the Lions mojo.

Should be a good game, both teams have motivation to win and it will give a good indication of where the Ti-Cats now stand in relation to the top 3 teams.  BLM looked good last week but may still be limited to playing less than half the game.  Big test for the Ti-Cat defence to see if they can hold off the Lion's passing attack, I'm betting they can't handle it well.

ModAdmin

And the Cats need to keep Betts far away from Bo!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blueforlife

Sometimes you need a fresh start

Pete

Bo doesn't look to be that invested early. he threw that ball right at the defenders head, no chance to make a completion

Blueforlife

Blueforlife

Quote from: Pete on October 13, 2023, 11:19:58 PM
Bo doesn't look to be that invested early. he threw that ball right at the defenders head, no chance to make a completion
Wee bit early to make any conclusions on Bo imo

Defender did a good job with hands in way

Blueforlife

Pete

Blueforlife

Blueforlife