Depth Chart - potentially

Started by Blue In BC, October 09, 2023, 06:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

What we might see once we get 1st place locked up. Hopefully for our next game since Lions will have completed all their games. If we need to win then it's gas pedal to the floor.

On offence we could start: Augustine, O-Leary-Orange, Eli and Dobson. Those are all veterans and solid back ups.

On defence we could start: Hallett ( he's played well in relief ). To a lesser degree but in significantly higher number of reps: Lawson, Exume, Cadwallader, Bennett and Briggs in that order more or less

All of that can be achieved without any actual changes to the AR.

If this is happening for our game 17 then I would expect much less of a need to activate a large number of imports from the PR. That said, it doesn't hurt to see what some of these players can do.

Banking on the Lions losing at least one of their final 2 games.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

BBRT

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2023, 06:17:44 PM
What we might see once we get 1st place locked up. Hopefully for our next game since Lions will have completed all their games. If we need to win then it's gas pedal to the floor.

On offence we could start: Augustine, O-Leary-Orange, Eli and Dobson. Those are all veterans and solid back ups.

On defence we could start: Hallett ( he's played well in relief ). To a lesser degree but in significantly higher number of reps: Lawson, Exume, Cadwallader, Bennett and Briggs in that order more or less

All of that can be achieved without any actual changes to the AR.

If this is happening for our game 17 then I would expect much less of a need to activate a large number of imports from the PR. That said, it doesn't hurt to see what some of these players can do.

Banking on the Lions losing at least one of their final 2 games.

BC is at Hamilton next week and then home to the Stamps. If they get by Hamilton I really do not see them losing at home to Calgary. I think we just need to keep the pedal to the metal and win at home against the Esk (which should not be all that difficult - however we tend to play down to the level of the opponent etc.). Then we close out in Calgary and hopefully we do not need the win.

Blue In BC

Quote from: BBRT on October 09, 2023, 06:31:54 PM
BC is at Hamilton next week and then home to the Stamps. If they get by Hamilton I really do not see them losing at home to Calgary. I think we just need to keep the pedal to the metal and win at home against the Esk (which should not be all that difficult - however we tend to play down to the level of the opponent etc.). Then we close out in Calgary and hopefully we do not need the win.

Sure but we'll know if we have a need to win situation before we play again. Ti Cats are hot right now and the Lions are not good on the road. Just a feeling that the Bombers have screwed with the Lions mojo.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2023, 06:36:39 PM
Sure but we'll know if we have a need to win situation before we play again. Ti Cats are hot right now and the Lions are not good on the road. Just a feeling that the Bombers have screwed with the Lions mojo.

BC will either take out their anger and misplaced "revenge" onto HAM and get 50-7, or they'll shrivel up into basketcases and lose.  If they lose then their headspace will really be messed up going into the post-season.

It would be very nice if CGY could know if they are in or out before we play them in the final week.  So in that sense I guess it would be nice if SSK beats CGY, but that seems like a big ask.  Looking at things CGY may be fighting for 3rd all the way into the final week.  Therefore I think it's imperative we win the easier EDM @IGF.

Same with EDM.  It would be really nice if MTL beats them next week to eliminate them completely.

If BC loses to HAM then we can not care too much those final weeks; maybe try for a B-team win @IGF and just try to not get any injuries.

For the roster: just look at what we did in '21-'22.  From memory it was mostly NATs and DIs and GLOBs getting the start.  So as you said that'll probably be the M.O. this year too.  Maybe start Zach for one (for 1Q) and bench or scratch him for the other?  Lots of Augustine too, please.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 10, 2023, 05:32:00 AM
BC will either take out their anger and misplaced "revenge" onto HAM and get 50-7, or they'll shrivel up into basketcases and lose.  If they lose then their headspace will really be messed up going into the post-season.

It would be very nice if CGY could know if they are in or out before we play them in the final week.  So in that sense I guess it would be nice if SSK beats CGY, but that seems like a big ask.  Looking at things CGY may be fighting for 3rd all the way into the final week.  Therefore I think it's imperative we win the easier EDM @IGF.

Same with EDM.  It would be really nice if MTL beats them next week to eliminate them completely.

If BC loses to HAM then we can not care too much those final weeks; maybe try for a B-team win @IGF and just try to not get any injuries.

For the roster: just look at what we did in '21-'22.  From memory it was mostly NATs and DIs and GLOBs getting the start.  So as you said that'll probably be the M.O. this year too.  Maybe start Zach for one (for 1Q) and bench or scratch him for the other?  Lots of Augustine too, please.

Edmonton is officially out. No crossover this year due to higher standings in the East.

If the Bombers are in the situation of not needing a win, we'll get an idea of where we are SMS wise. If they choose to no activate a bunch of PR players, they may be tighter than some think. IMO we aren't close due to how our IR's worked out this season. Lots of saved SMS due to long term 6 game IR and not many on 1 game all season.

OTOH, even if we're close it may be better to go over and not risk starters in those games.

2019 Grey Cup Champions