Edmonton @ Winnipeg Pre Game

Started by Pigskin, October 08, 2023, 09:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkc60

Quote from: theaardvark on October 19, 2023, 03:24:09 PM
Schoen out for the season is a big blow... Lawler is going to have to pick up a lot of slack there...
cutting Agudosi may wind up looking premature

blue_gold_84

Quote from: kkc60 on October 19, 2023, 05:45:57 PM
cutting Agudosi may wind up looking premature

Easy to say that in hindsight. Besides, there's O'Leary-Orange and Grant on the depth chart; Agudosi was behind both.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

DS83 was injured on October 6th, the Western Final is on November 11th. So he has 36 days to heal up and get back into some sort of game shape.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on October 19, 2023, 04:56:45 PM
Unfortunately, Jones has nothing to lose, and everything to prove against us, so he's no doubt coming full guns.  And his players are all fighting for jobs, so they are going to "leave everything on the field".  With this being their last game of the season, and for some, potentially the last game of their careers, no reason to hold anything back.

I don't know.  I think EDM comes out big, but if they start losing bad they will lose all heart and just try to get out uninjured.  I think it'll be key to get 2+ scores up on them quickly, like by halftime.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 19, 2023, 06:23:23 PM
DS83 was injured on October 6th, the Western Final is on November 11th. So he has 36 days to heal up and get back into some sort of game shape.

Hopefully that's enough time for him to heal up, but you never know as we have no info. on how serious his injury is.  Could well be we'll be lucky to see him ready for TC next season, still waiting to hear what has kept Mike Miller out the entire season.

Sir Blue and Gold

Jones deserves credit for not losing the room like Dickenson in Regina. Somehow he kept that ship together enough that they're still playing hard. Edmonton will not make it easy.

Pete

With nothing to lose I expect Jones to gamble a lot... don't be surprised if they kick off, they use the bloop kick to try to recover as they did earlier in the year. on 2nd and short Cornelius likely passes, maybe even a fake field goal. Jones knows atraight up he doesnt have the horses to win so may try to pull something out of a hat.
With  no remaining games expect Ford to run a lot.

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 19, 2023, 07:05:01 PM
I don't know.  I think EDM comes out big, but if they start losing bad they will lose all heart and just try to get out uninjured.  I think it'll be key to get 2+ scores up on them quickly, like by halftime.

This exactly. I would expect some guys to be already packed and ready to go home asap after this one.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Ted Wyman

As expected, Schoen has been ruled out for Saturday?s game and his status for rest of the season is in question. Bombers leading receiver was wearing walking boot today.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 20, 2023, 12:32:47 AM
Ted Wyman

As expected, Schoen has been ruled out for Saturday?s game and his status for rest of the season is in question. Bombers leading receiver was wearing walking boot today.
eeek! Sure he can make the WDF.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

High ankle sprain? That could take a while to heal.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.