Brady Oliveria

Started by Austin85, October 07, 2023, 05:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

Management better re sign him soon. He is going to demand big $..

TecnoGenius

I thought we got him on 2 year contract last FA?

He's the "next AH" in terms of being a homer for life as long as he doesn't get too old and keeps the respect of The Canadian Mafia.

I can't see us letting him walk, or him wanting to walk.  We'll give him an offer that shows the respect he deserves as well as explain he can't ask for the world or we can't win as many games (the Mike Reilly effect).  I really don't foresee any problem.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Sometimes you need a fresh start

ModAdmin

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 07, 2023, 06:13:45 AM
Blank cheque

It's never a "blank cheque".  It has to fit within the SMS without jeopardizing other key players on the team.  It has to fit in with current and future personnel planning for the team.

The Bombers will no doubt do their utmost to make it happen and I believe it will.  But "blank cheque" is definitely not one of the options.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 05:58:39 AM

He's the "next AH" in terms of being a homer for life as long as he doesn't get too old and keeps the respect of The Canadian Mafia.

I can't see us letting him walk, or him wanting to walk.  We'll give him an offer that shows the respect he deserves as well as explain he can't ask for the world or we can't win as many games (the Mike Reilly effect).  I really don't foresee any problem.
I don't think Harris ever got over 1400 yards in a season plus he has close to 500 yards receiving......he's already eclipsed Andrew in only his second season as our starting RB!    He has to be on the ballot for MOP imho!
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 05:58:39 AM

Dude...I know you're a fan, but how can you equate "AH" and "homer for life" in the same sentence. The guy is on his third team and has clearly just followed the money/opportunity during his career.

Not to mention Brady is putting up stronger numbers than AH every did with less opportunity.
My wife is amazing!

BLUEBOMBER

He is not anywhere near Andrew Harris' name until he can bring us a Grey Cup..

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on October 07, 2023, 07:49:41 AM
He is not anywhere near Andrew Harris' name until he can bring us a Grey Cup..

2...  2 cups he needs to bring us.  8)

And even then, it's not a fair comparison, because Brady became our #1 at our absolute peak.  AH33 joined us when we were still mostly hot garbage.  This is just around the time Biggie came in and Nichols and the current Bombers era started to take form.  AH took a massive chance on his home team and the MOS/KW vision.

And AH was "homer for life" once he came back home, and it only failed right at the end because the two sides lost respect for each other.  Not to mention AH really should have retired after '21 GC, because he's done diddly on the field since then.  (Though he does bring massive intangibles to TOR culture and morale; so he should have retired and gone to coach or consult there.)

The Cornish ending is what I wanted for AH, but we just couldn't make it work.  But enough about AH.  He'll be a player just long enough to see us deny him that 5th ring, then off to sunny BC to enjoy old age with junior football.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Stretch

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 07, 2023, 06:24:43 AM
It's never a "blank cheque".  It has to fit within the SMS without jeopardizing other key players on the team.  It has to fit in with current and future personnel planning for the team.

The Bombers will no doubt do their utmost to make it happen and I believe it will.  But "blank cheque" is definitely not one of the options.

Pretty sure that wasn't meant literally.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

GOLDMEMBER

Lol some of this ridiculous discussion. He ain?t going anywhere while being paid fairly.

He is turning into a true physical marvel!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 07, 2023, 02:09:17 PM
Lol some of this ridiculous discussion. He ain?t going anywhere while being paid fairly.

He is turning into a true physical marvel!
I think Brady will be forever be a Bomber....he is a marvel in so many other ways and everyone wants to compare him to AH33.    He wants to be Brady and so far he's earned that right to be known as his own player with his own special style.    I will be purchasing a BO sweater and hopefully will have him sign it.    I had planned to do the same for AH33 after the 21 season however he left for greener pastures. 

For me Brady is a home grown version of Leo Lewis and exemplifies his values which is what make them both so great in my mind. .Brady wants nothing more than to bring a Cup back to his adoring Winnipeg fans and his banner will be included in the Ring of Honour along with Andrew Harris some day.....it's his ultimate destiny.   
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 07, 2023, 03:01:44 PM
I think Brady will be forever be a Bomber....he is a marvel in so many other ways and everyone wants to compare him to AH33.    He wants to be Brady and so far he's earned that right to be known as his own player with his own special style.    I will be purchasing a BO sweater and hopefully will have him sign it.    I had planned to do the same for AH33 after the 21 season however he left for greener pastures. 

For me Brady is a home grown version of Leo Lewis and exemplifies his values which is what make them both so great in my mind. .Brady wants nothing more than to bring a Cup back to his adoring Winnipeg fans and his banner will be included in the Ring of Honour along with Andrew Harris some day.....it's his ultimate destiny.   

Most CFL RB's arrive in the league after being discarded by the NFL, Brady hasn't taken his shot yet and may want to to try that someday.  Can't be absolute about another person's intentions, especially one so young.  If he wins a Grey Cup for Wpg. it may check a box on his to do list and he could move on to his next goal, just as Rourke did.

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on October 07, 2023, 07:42:36 AM
Dude...I know you're a fan, but how can you equate "AH" and "homer for life" in the same sentence. The guy is on his third team and has clearly just followed the money/opportunity during his career.

Not to mention Brady is putting up stronger numbers than AH every did with less opportunity.

I will differ in opinion on AH33 "homer for life". He was a BC territorial exemption, and came "home" when opportunities allowed.  He would still be here if not for injury/fitness concerns (married life can do that).  All things being different, he retires this year in Blue and Gold.  But I'm not sorry for the obviously better decision to feature BO20.  Have to wonder if the Ouilette.Harris dynamic on sharing would have been something Harris could have pulled off with Brady.  Or would he have demanded first team reps?

AH33 is fully welcome to follow his path, and I don't doubt his preference would have been to stay here.  But you have to take the money when Pinball offers that contract.  No brainer.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bwiser

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 09:14:08 AM
2...  2 cups he needs to bring us.  8)

And even then, it's not a fair comparison, because Brady became our #1 at our absolute peak.  AH33 joined us when we were still mostly hot garbage.  This is just around the time Biggie came in and Nichols and the current Bombers era started to take form.  AH took a massive chance on his home team and the MOS/KW vision.

And AH was "homer for life" once he came back home, and it only failed right at the end because the two sides lost respect for each other.  Not to mention AH really should have retired after '21 GC, because he's done diddly on the field since then.  (Though he does bring massive intangibles to TOR culture and morale; so he should have retired and gone to coach or consult there.)

The Cornish ending is what I wanted for AH, but we just couldn't make it work.  But enough about AH.  He'll be a player just long enough to see us deny him that 5th ring, then off to sunny BC to enjoy old age with junior football.
I love the way Brady plays. He learned a lot from Harris. I don't know if Nichols gets enough credit for the turn around that the Bombers had.His work ethic in the Qb room has created a culture that remains today.Strevler and later Dru Brown have commented how prepared the Bomber Qb's are from putting in the work. This seems to have carried over to other areas of the team as you see how much players study film and approach road trips as business trips, not a time to party. We would probably have a few more cups if the Bomber players had learned this sooner.