New covid vaccine

Started by Pigskin, October 03, 2023, 10:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

The whole family received the new covid vaccine today. Some of us also received the RSV vaccine, and others added on a flu shot. Glad that's over.  lol
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Which new vaccine?

Having just cleared my first infection, and the Paxlovid rebound, I'm guessing I don't need a new booster for a while...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Nephews University of Winnipeg classes shut down due to a covid out break.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

COVID running through my associates... me, then my daughter, now a staffer... thinking they were all acquired externally, limited exposure and testing caught infection early... 

Its on a serious upswing in the US, and it looks like they are bracing for it here too... with the flu and RSV adding into the mix, its going to be a long winter for the respiratory ICU. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Covid cases are jumping up quickly.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on October 07, 2023, 07:45:55 PM
Covid cases are jumping up quickly.

Haven't heard any severe cases among my associates, but I am sure they are happening.  Bought SO2 meters back in 2020, been using them a lot.  Great tool for people with infections, lets you know if it is getting better, worse, or its time to go to the hospital.

Wonder what the NDP will do... I sure hope they keep the free test kits and vaccines available.  I wonder if they will change protocols for isolation or return to work... I know I was physically fine to work during my rebound, but as long as I tested +, I stayed isolated.  Not sure everyone will do that... I hope they will, but so many people are dismissing it as just the flu now, and not even testing, no wonder it is on the rise.

Pigskin

The new Moderna XBB vaccine has finally made it's way to Winnipeg. Shoppers seems to have received a large shipment and is now booking appointments. My wife's office received another small shipment which is already spoken for. Side effects pretty similar to the other vaccines. Mild headache, sore shoulder for a couple of days.

Pigskin

$271.00 for an RSV shot. Good new, most private health plans cover it.

theaardvark

Any idea if the updated Novavax non-mRNA vaccine is in Manitba yet?

Pigskin

My wife reporting that on Thursday from 2-10 pm at a Winnipeg ER. 63 people reported flu like symptoms, but only 9 with fever. Out of those 9 people, 5 had covid. 80% of the 63 people were children under 16 years old. 95% of the 63 people had NOT received a flu shot or updated there Covid vaccine.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on December 16, 2023, 08:31:52 PM
My wife reporting that on Thursday from 2-10 pm at a Winnipeg ER. 63 people reported flu like symptoms, but only 9 with fever. Out of those 9 people, 5 had covid. 80% of the 63 people were children under 16 years old. 95% of the 63 people had NOT received a flu shot or updated there Covid vaccine.

RSV a factor?

Pigskin

3 Doctors leaving Manitoba. My wife received a text this morning from one of her friends says she was leaving Manitoba. Shortly after that 2 more sent her messages saying the same thing. 2 are headed to Sask. 1 to North Dakota. Not good. So it sounds like on March 1st. we will be short 3 more Doctors. 

theaardvark

They just announce half a billion in federal funds to stop this... 400 new doctors, 200 new nurses, 100 home care workers.

Will be interesting to see if it helps...

Blueforlife

Quote from: theaardvark on February 16, 2024, 07:23:37 PMThey just announce half a billion in federal funds to stop this... 400 new doctors, 200 new nurses, 100 home care workers.

Will be interesting to see if it helps...
Big investment after years of PC cut.  It will help.

Nice to see support for health care.  Too bad about losing doctors.
Sometimes you need a fresh start