Winnipeg @ BC pre-game

Started by Pigskin, September 30, 2023, 04:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Winnipeg's D will have to play much better to stop VA. The DL must be better. We also must come to play for 60 minutes.

ZC8 will see pressure all night. ZC8 can not take the hits he did against the Argo's.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

VA took a pretty good shot to the tail bone. He was in some discomfort most of the 4th. quarter. 

Pete

I wonder if after the argos game we make any adjustments such as having fox come in against his old team?
Also do we see lawrence back in if Houston can't go or do we go with Swaray? I've given up on Haba in for jackson (OShea seems determined to not make that move
i

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on October 01, 2023, 12:25:12 AM
I've given up on Haba in for jackson (OShea seems determined to not make that move

Haba was useless in the HAM loss, his big start.  He's clearly better as a rotational at the moment.  I guess MOS/Hall just don't feel his production will be worth the loss of a DI elsewhere.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 30, 2023, 04:07:26 PM
Winnipeg's D will have to play much better to stop VA. The DL must be better. We also must come to play for 60 minutes.

BC's OL is much weaker than TOR.  I expect a much better game by the DL.  VAJ also can get flustered when harassed.  I would be chirping and bugging him all night.  Get in his head and he goes into nutjob mode.

Being a deep slinger, the key to beating BC is getting those INTs.  Have to setup the DBs for success.

I would feel much better if the game was @IGF, but it is what it is, and we have to win out regardless of location.  If BC owner was smart, he'd hire LL Cool J again and pack the stadium.  This game is worth a couple/few million $$ to him for sure.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Zach and Bombers, take note...

Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN
14h
I?m a huge fan of @ZCollaros7 - the player, person & story. He's earned his respect with 2 grey cups. But right now @VernonAdamsJr3
still deserves more respect than he's getting. Reminder that he didn't play in #Bombers blow out win over @BCLions win earlier this year.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

dd

I think the Lions will be looking to even the score with the bombers and are going to come out jacked and lay a beating on us

RebusRankin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 01, 2023, 12:45:17 AM
Haba was useless in the HAM loss, his big start.  He's clearly better as a rotational at the moment.  I guess MOS/Hall just don't feel his production will be worth the loss of a DI elsewhere.

He was all right. Rotational DE is still better than an american fullback who makes minimal impact on teams, contributes nothing on D and is in to block for 5-10 plays a game.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on October 01, 2023, 01:55:02 PM
I think the Lions will be looking to even the score with the bombers and are going to come out jacked and lay a beating on us
True....we had Dane Evans and we got to him early and often.   VAJ is very mobile and can hurt you with his legs not to mention the fact that our D generally sucks against mobile QBs.    He has good escapability and is tough to contain in the pocket.   That will be the key because he has a huge array of very talented receivers and can throw the long bombs successfully.    This game is basically make or break for us and will basically determine whether we win the West.   The way we've been playing lately, I won't be surprised if BC puts us away as they have been playing well lately and winning the games they needed to win.
Of course I'm hoping the bad VAJ shows up and the good Zach has a great game....
Bomber fan for life

Horseman

Quote from: dd on October 01, 2023, 01:55:02 PM

Yes, I agree. Adams will pick our DB's apart and our special teams will be anything but special.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Horseman on October 01, 2023, 03:43:57 PM
Yes, I agree. Adams will pick our DB's apart and our special teams will be anything but special.
Will this be the game Janarion makes his return(s)?   I remember the game he took the opening KO to the house.....set the tone for the entire game and we won handily.     We haven't had anything but trick plays that really didn't work all that well in our last tilt with the argos....albeit the opening reverse looked pretty decent albeit Holm stepped out of bounds at the 41.    The next time we tried the reverse it didn't fool anyone.....
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 01, 2023, 06:16:45 AM
Zach and Bombers, take note...

Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN
14h
I?m a huge fan of @ZCollaros7 - the player, person & story. He's earned his respect with 2 grey cups. But right now @VernonAdamsJr3
still deserves more respect than he's getting. Reminder that he didn't play in #Bombers blow out win over @BCLions win earlier this year.

Can't argue with this too much, I think Adams has established himself as the most talented passer in the league.

Pete

All the more reason to get to him early and put him on his sore tailbone. Also i remember the last time  last time we went into bc against an overhyped qb.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 01, 2023, 04:35:28 PM
Can't argue with this too much, I think Adams has established himself as the most talented passer in the league.
you think?  :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

I am waiting for our injury report. Houston probably out. DS83 probably misses practice, but he will plays in BC. Someone said Parker was limping.