TiCats at Argos GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 23, 2023, 07:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Kelly has no fear but he also just threw into triple coverage
Sometimes you need a fresh start

Blueforlife

Quote from: J5V on September 24, 2023, 01:26:34 AM
I do like this kid, Powell, for Hasmilton. Lots of poise for a young one.
He will be very good one day
Sometimes you need a fresh start

J5V

Kelly crying about player safety after he takes a tap to the head. Two things: once you cross the LOS you're technically a runner but maybe you should ask your coach why you are still playing in a nothing game that you have well in hand in the 4th quarter.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have signed two-time CFL All-Star Derel Walker, the team announced on Wednesday.  The team also announced on Wednesday the signing of American defensive lineman Jamal Davis II. 

Looks like their loaded D-line needs help, Cedric Wilcots has been on the 6 game for most of this season.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 27, 2023, 04:23:11 PM
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have signed two-time CFL All-Star Derel Walker, the team announced on Wednesday.  The team also announced on Wednesday the signing of American defensive lineman Jamal Davis II. 

Looks like their loaded D-line needs help, Cedric Wilcots has been on the 6 game for most of this season.

All in to try and get to the Cup at home... hail Mary time
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on September 24, 2023, 12:52:55 AM
one of the worst plays in cfl football is the fake third down gamble... it slows down the game... poor sportmanship... and its just one coach trying to be smart

Agreed.  It's more an NFL thing.  I rarely saw the fake 3rd down / timecount thing in the CFL up until the last couple of years.  It may be TOR that's responsible for "bringing it back"... I can't recall who started doing it again first.  Dickerson The Greater also likes it.  MOS never messes with that nonsense.

How to stop it?  Would making that timecount a 10 yarder help?  Probably not.  15 probably would, but that wouldn't fly.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on September 24, 2023, 01:01:26 AM
They have phenomenal talent along both lines, they have the front running MOP at Qb, they have the second best RB but the best RB depth...they have great LB's a very good secondary, the best special teams, and somehow seem to have budding stars at depth...each time they get an injury

I'm convinced they look better than they are in terms of talent.  They still have no "good" receivers.  No coveted stars that people would have paid big $$ for in the previous FA.

What TOR has is massive morale, belief in the process, and belief that they are the best.  Think CGY circa 2013-2018.  They have superb coordinators and coaching.  And probably the best "vision" guy in the league as GM and hypester-in-chief.

That rubs off on the players and you can see them flying around with not a worry in the world.  Taking every chance they feel like taking because it'll probably work out or another player will make up for a mistake.

In short, they look like WPG circa 2021 and 2022.  We've lost that air of invincibility, and they found it.  But because their player talent on O isn't that good in reality ("on paper"), if they start faltering (which will have to be next season now), there will be some serious crises of confidence.  It could also bite them in the GC if we manage to stymie their O in Q's 1-3 (a half won't cut it, need to crush them for 3Q).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

How on earth did HAM get TOR for 4 games this season?  Whose idea was that?  I don't think any other team played another 4 times?  Pretty sure we didn't(?).  It's bad enough when you get to play the division-best team 3 times.  But 4?

Gotta feel a bit sorry for HAM.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 28, 2023, 05:27:36 AM
How on earth did HAM get TOR for 4 games this season?  Whose idea was that?  I don't think any other team played another 4 times?  Pretty sure we didn't(?).  It's bad enough when you get to play the division-best team 3 times.  But 4?

Gotta feel a bit sorry for HAM.

Accountants, probably.

theaardvark

Ham/Tor is one of the big rivalries.  BMO field is tough to schedule.  So the TOR schedule is going to be wonky. 

Should we have had 2 games against TOR?  Of course.  Maybe we should have been in touchdown Atlantic instead of the Riders. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GCn19

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 27, 2023, 04:23:11 PM

Wilcotts has 2 sacks and 4 tackles total for his career. He is not a difference maker sitting on their 6 game.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on September 27, 2023, 05:01:36 PM
All in to try and get to the Cup at home...

Why aren't we doing this??  Imagine if we had signed Lemon to spell the J's?  Lemon has been a killer on a mediocre team.  Imagine him here??  Missed opportunity.
Never go full Rider!