Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Third Consecutive Sellout

Started by ModAdmin, September 22, 2023, 12:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

WINNIPEG, MB., September 21, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce next week's September 29th home game against the Toronto Argonauts is sold out.

This marks the third consecutive sellout in the 2023 season and the first time the Blue Bombers have sold out three games in a season at IG Field since the stadium opened in 2013.

"The attendance this season has solidified the strength and dedication of our incredible fan base," said Wade Miller, President and CEO of the Winnipeg Football Club. "The September 29th game also marks our Orange Shirt game as we welcome over 1,000 fans from 120 Indigenous communities across Canada. This is made possible by Exchange Income Corporation (EIC), who is providing transportation to Winnipeg and accommodations for the visiting fans."

Tickets to the final home regular season game of the year are selling fast; the October 21st date is the Club's annual Intercept Cancer game. Tickets are available for purchase here.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blueforlife

Sometimes you need a fresh start

Sec223

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 22, 2023, 12:31:09 AM

WINNIPEG, MB., September 21, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce next week's September 29th home game against the Toronto Argonauts is sold out.

This marks the third consecutive sellout in the 2023 season and the first time the Blue Bombers have sold out three games in a season at IG Field since the stadium opened in 2013.

"The attendance this season has solidified the strength and dedication of our incredible fan base," said Wade Miller, President and CEO of the Winnipeg Football Club. "The September 29th game also marks our Orange Shirt game as we welcome over 1,000 fans from 120 Indigenous communities across Canada. This is made possible by Exchange Income Corporation (EIC), who is providing transportation to Winnipeg and accommodations for the visiting fans."

Tickets to the final home regular season game of the year are selling fast; the October 21st date is the Club's annual Intercept Cancer game. Tickets are available for purchase here.

Tickets to the final home game are selling quick ? Elks. Ya sure they are LOL Lets sell it out !!

Sir Blue and Gold

Pretty rare to sell out a regular season game after the Banjo Bowl. I wonder if that's ever happened since IG Field opened? I doubt it...

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

bomb squad

Kudos too to the Argos. They?ve built a very exciting team that fans want to watch.  It?s been forever since we could say that about an eastern team.

Lincoln Locomotive

a testament to the loyal Bomber fans.....this only happens in Winnipeg.   Name another CFL city that could claim 3 consecutive sellouts?    Maybe Montreal when AC was winning cups for them albeit Molson Stadium has a capacity of just over 20K....in recent history though not even Regina could make this claim.
Bomber fan for life

jayrock

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 22, 2023, 03:30:40 PM
a testament to the loyal Bomber fans.....this only happens in Winnipeg.   Name another CFL city that could claim 3 consecutive sellouts?    Maybe Montreal when AC was winning cups for them albeit Molson Stadium has a capacity of just over 20K....in recent history though not even Regina could make this claim.

It does not only happen in Winnipeg, and it is only happening in Winnipeg as the bombers are a winning team. As I have said in another post earlier, it is easy to be a fan and easy to sell tickets when your team wins. And it is easy to forget about the struggles your team had just a few years ago, and the success other teams.
Here are a few numbers to show you, that when you win you fill seats.
And I will use the Roughriders for example
2013 - grey cup champions - Old Mosiac, seating capacity of 32,848 expanded to approximately 43K. Average attendance 37,503 for regular season games
2017 - New Mosiac 6 sell outs, average attendance 32,762
2018 - 5 sell outs - average 32,057
2019 -  1 sell out = average 30,723
2020 - covid
2021 - shortened season - sell out 2 of 7, average 28,984
2022 - 1 sell out - aver 27,431

See how when you win you sell tickets, and when you don't you do not sell tickets.
As I said before, Bomber fans have every right to be happy and proud of their team and the organization and themselves as fans for attending and selling out games. But please just be accurate in your comments.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

theaardvark

Quote from: bomb squad on September 22, 2023, 03:29:45 PM
Kudos too to the Argos. They?ve built a very exciting team that fans want to watch.  It?s been forever since we could say that about an eastern team.

So, if the Esk's game sells out.... are we complimenting Jones?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on September 22, 2023, 05:03:22 PM

Hopefully the Elks get a good turnout to see Tre Ford perform this evening, if he they can finish the season strong it will bring back some optimism to that fanbase and help sell tickets for next season.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 22, 2023, 01:54:25 PM
Pretty rare to sell out a regular season game after the Banjo Bowl. I wonder if that's ever happened since IG Field opened? I doubt it...
Agreed pretty rare territory given the current weather outlook. No more chicks in bikinis now! :)

Maybe Winnipeggers are thirsty for the drink?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Horseman

Quote from: jayrock on September 22, 2023, 04:47:12 PM
It does not only happen in Winnipeg, and it is only happening in Winnipeg as the bombers are a winning team. As I have said in another post earlier, it is easy to be a fan and easy to sell tickets when your team wins. And it is easy to forget about the struggles your team had just a few years ago, and the success other teams.
2013 - grey cup champions - Old Mosiac, seating capacity of 32,848 expanded to approximately 43K. Average attendance 37,503 for regular season games
2020 - covid

See how when you win you sell tickets, and when you don't you do not sell tickets.
As I said before, Bomber fans have every right to be happy and proud of their team and the organization and themselves as fans for attending and selling out games. But please just be accurate in your comments.

So sell outs are based on having a winning team...thanks for that Captain Obvious.

dd

2020 - covid

So in recent history has there been 3 consecutive sellouts?? I believe that was the claim.

bomb squad

Quote from: theaardvark on September 22, 2023, 05:03:22 PM

I got you there Aards. Point taken.  ;)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on September 22, 2023, 10:25:15 PM
So sell outs are based on having a winning team...thanks for that Captain Obvious.

Ya, but no one told the people who live in TOR... I doubt they've sold out any game this season.  Probably won't even sell out a EDF.

It's good for WPG and SSK to have the fan-loyalty rivalry as well as the on-field rivalry.  It helps to push both fanbases to get butts in seats.  And that's a good thing.  Bickering is fine, as long as we're the top-2 fanbases in the league.  8)

Personally, I'd love to see SSK nearly sell out every single game, and the same for WPG.
Never go full Rider!