Winnipeg at Hamilton Pre GDT

Started by Pigskin, September 10, 2023, 07:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic16

Quote from: Jesse on September 11, 2023, 01:59:00 AM
Has it not? The media is pump Chad Kelly?s tires, but Zach?s pretty much still topping all the relevant statistical metrics + tied for the league lead in wins.

ZC8 is the straw that stirs the drink but the straw has shown some cracks this year. Personally, at this juncture of the season I would go with BO20 for MOP, unless ZC8 can minimize the INTs and make those pick 6s disappear down the homestretch.

BO20 = MOP

ZC8 = MVP

pjrocksmb

Zach has always thrown some ducks.  But he bounces back.  Criticism of his play and performance this year is really nit picking.  He is winning, throwing well, healthy and generally avoids big mistakes.  None issue handled internally.

He is human and will have a bad game or two.  He is also impacted by the other teams schemes, pressure and defense prowess.

Pigskin

Quote from: Nic16 on September 11, 2023, 02:14:15 AM
ZC8 is the straw that stirs the drink but the straw has shown some cracks this year. Personally, at this juncture of the season I would go with BO20 for MOP, unless ZC8 can minimize the INTs and make those pick 6s disappear down the homestretch.

BO20 = MOP

ZC8 = MVP

Agree BO20   MOP
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Execute like they did on Saturday and they should be able to win in Steeltown, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: Pete on September 10, 2023, 08:52:04 PM
Just show the boys the replay of last years game in Hamilton if your thinking about a trap game

Strange how the schedule is the same...last year we demolished the riders in the Banjo Bowl and went into Hamilton and Dane Evans made us look silly...same team again this year following the Banjo Bowl...the dreaded Saturday afternoon game in the East now with a bye week on the horizon...

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on September 11, 2023, 03:41:08 PM
Strange how the schedule is the same...last year we demolished the riders in the Banjo Bowl and went into Hamilton and Dane Evans made us look silly...same team again this year following the Banjo Bowl...the dreaded Saturday afternoon game in the East now with a bye week on the horizon...

Lets hope we learn from that game, and come out ready to play.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on September 11, 2023, 03:41:08 PM
The more the reason to trap game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Zach Schnitzer

I find that Zach is good for one pick a game, but I chalk that up to his aggressive approach, which I love. So I accept that part of his game.
#fortheW

blue_or_die

It's impossible for Hamilton to beat us, but it's very possible for us to beat ourselves as we've seen numerous times (and in a couple of those, still managed to eek out unconvincing wins).

So it's a matter of showing up and playing like we know we are able. No vacation yet. Let's go into the bye on a W.
#Ride?

Pigskin

Hamilton has a excellent kick returner. So, our coverage team will have to be very good. No, turnovers that cost us points. We have given up four pick 6 to this point, don't want to see #5. We play our game, we should be good.

Nic16

Milanovich has been a good influence on Powell. His numbers have been very good the last 2 games.
He is still a young first year QB with only a few starts under his belt so dialing up the pressure and giving him some different looks would need to be in order.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Nic16 on September 11, 2023, 07:34:42 PM
Milanovich has been a good influence on Powell. His numbers have been very good the last 2 games.
He is still a young first year QB with only a few starts under his belt so dialing up the pressure and giving him some different looks would need to be in order.

Powell looked shaky in his first few games but has picked up well in the past few games, I'd vote for him as the most promising well-rounded QB to emerge this season, he may be the Ti-Cats QB of the future, leaving Schiltz with no option but to move on.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 10, 2023, 08:32:17 PM
Heard this song and dance before. Ottawa earlier in the season. Regina a week ago . Hamilton September 2022. Hamilton puts up 48 points and beat us 48-31. The boys have to stay focused.

Crum can run.  Powell can't (much).  I feel a lot better knowing we don't have to worry (much) about QB runs.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 11, 2023, 05:19:15 PM
The more the reason to trap game.

Haven't you heard?  We've exhausted our allocation of trap games.  No more trap games left for us!  8) 8) 8)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Nic16 on September 11, 2023, 07:34:42 PM
Milanovich has been a good influence on Powell.

Milanovich was a great move for HAM.  I've been saying since 2019 GC that Condell wasn't good.  He latches onto concepts that he just can't shake, and doesn't match his O to his QB's capabilities.  A bit like Maas that way.

As much as I bug Dickenson The Greater, he's superb at changing his O to match what his QB can do.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Just an awful kickoff time for this one.  3pm HAM is really 2pm for our players.  That's a tough time to start.  Will our guys be able to be at max awake and max alert by 2pm?
Never go full Rider!