Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Have to stay out of the penalty box tonight. Oilers PP is deadly. GV13 skating today. Wow, wouldn't that be nice to get him back soon.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

bluengold204

Once again Jets are limping into the playoffs.  Probably gonna be another first round elimination.

Pigskin

Excellent game. The place was packed and the building was rocking. The Jets showed a lot of character fighting back from 3-1. PP sad, can't wait for GV13 to get back. Highlight of the night, Stanley pounding on Perry.

blue_gold_84

Nice to come back from 3-1 but only a loser point to show for it. Defensive issues continue.

Stanley gains some respect in my books for how he handled that greaseball Perry.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

At least this effort wasn't pointless.  Good comeback, but who starts a checking line, at home, in overtime?  You really think you can neutralize McJesus 3 on 3?  Yikes.  Best on Best, 55, 81, 44 to start OT regardless, then 27, 23, 4...  you don't win OT on defense.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Another tough test tonight. I sure hope they're up to the task.

Projected lines/pairings vs. VGK

Connor-Scheifele-Iafallo
Ehlers-Monahan-Toffoli
Niederreiter-Lowry-Appleton
Barron-Gustafsson-Namestnikov

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Stanley-Schmidt

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

A clean win would be nice.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on March 28, 2024, 03:13:28 PMIs Samberg injured?

Doubtful. IIRC, the coaches want to rotate some of the depth players to keep them fresh going into the home stretch and playoffs.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on March 28, 2024, 03:13:28 PMIs Samberg injured?

I hope so, because keeping him on the bench in favour of half those guys is a travesty.
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

Cannot speak to what is the pros or cons as expressed behind closed doors by the Jet coaches but .......
Samberg's total time on ice ( T.O.I.) has been sliding backwards

His average total is now at 15:30 which includes 2:04 from killing penalties.
Last 5 game log shows 12:22 (2:19), 13:35 (o.28), 13:08 (1:31) & 2 PIM, 19:55 (o:50), vs Caps just 12:30 (2:01).

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Jets play another very good game, but PP let us down again. Tough one.

Pigskin

MS55 instigator penalty. Didn't Nurse do the same thing with Dilly, which was actually a fight. Nurse didn't receive an instigator penalty??? And, Dilly's hit was clean and Hague was not. 

Jockitch

It may have been the proper call but terribly sad how the ref didn't mess around with Scheif

Nice try last night but oh how we needed the PP to come thru 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

GV13 back in the lineup tonight. wow.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on March 30, 2024, 01:25:06 PMGV13 back in the lineup tonight. wow.

I can only hope we can keep him on the ice, now.
My wife is amazing!