Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 27, 2024, 08:56:36 PMTwo huge games against central opponents this week after we had two softballs in our row. It would be a huge statement to the league to win both of these.

Half of the statement has been made. Solid win last night over a pretty tenacious team that never really went away. Now on to Dallas for what should be another stiff test.

Quote from: Pigskin on February 27, 2024, 09:48:13 PMWell let's hope he catches fire and starts putting up some points.

He dumped the slump and had a really nice game. The second line was great last night (2 G, 3 A).

Shout out to Morrissey who's been on a tear lately, too (11 A in his last 5 GP).
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

SM23 trade has worked out very well for us. 9 Games, 6 goals, 1 A. FO% 54.2.

Faceoffs: SM23/54.2%. AL17/49.5%. MS55/49.2%. CP91/37.4%.

How good has LB been. 15 games, 9 wins, 2.26 GAA, 922 SV%.

GV13: 37 games, 16 goals, 14 A.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

St Louis is looking for that last wild card spot and battled extremely hard. They also came into our rink last night super angry after getting pumped by Detroit just before us, so that makes our regulation victory last night even sweeter.

Already looking forward to pouring myself a drink Thursday night to watch the Dallas game
#Ride?

Pigskin

Stars have lost there last 2 games and are looking to get back on track. The Stars have had our number the last three times we have played them. With first place on the line, this would be a good time to put an end to that. This should be a tight, physical game. Go Jets.

blue_gold_84

Jets projected lines & D pairs tonight in Dallas:

Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi
Ehlers-Monahan-Iafallo
Niederreiter-Lowry-Appleton
Barron-Namestnikov-Perfetti

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Samberg-Schmidt

Hellebuyck gets the start
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jockitch

Never to late to comment up ...... a big hooray for Iafallo, well earned goal indeed
Happy to see the continued performance by Brossoit as the Blues had a lotta Grade A chances

My gosh we got humbled in the face-off dot with our lads losing 14 more than they won
Even Monahan, who is normally terrific, won only 5 out of 16.  Scheif the only plus with 1 win more than losses

Big, big contest tonight ....... not anticipating Tanev in lineup but correct me if I am wrong
At the dot, Dallas sits 4th best in the NHL at 53.8%.  Hope we are super tough in our end at the dot.

P.S. still puzzles me why Perfetti doesn't play center on the 4th line.  Isn't he or wasn't he supposed to be a future center ?
He rarely takes face-offs, 37 wins with 62 losses, 37.4%,   while  Namestnikov is terrible, 164 - 279 losses for just 37%.       
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on February 29, 2024, 07:11:02 PMNever to late to comment up ...... a big hooray for Iafallo, well earned goal indeed
Happy to see the continued performance by Brossoit as the Blues had a lotta Grade A chances

My gosh we got humbled in the face-off dot with our lads losing 14 more than they won
Even Monahan, who is normally terrific, won only 5 out of 16.  Scheif the only plus with 1 win more than losses

Big, big contest tonight ....... not anticipating Tanev in lineup but correct me if I am wrong
At the dot, Dallas sits 4th best in the NHL at 53.8%.  Hope we are super tough in our end at the dot.

P.S. still puzzles me why Perfetti doesn't play center on the 4th line.  Isn't he or wasn't he supposed to be a future center ?
He rarely takes face-offs, 37 wins with 62 losses, 37.4%,   while  Namestnikov is terrible, 164 - 279 losses for just 37%.       

I really think the Jets threw CP91 into the fire far to early into his career. He lacked the skill and size to play everyday in the NHL. And for this, CP91 paid the price by suffering season ending injuries in his first two seasons. It looks like CP91 ran out of gas early in the second half of the season. The last couple of game he looks like he has a little more energy playing fewer minutes.

Pigskin

J5V

Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Terrible first period. Very sloppy in our D zone.

Nice push back in the second.

Third period took to many penalties.

GV13 injury??

Jockitch

Had our moments but overall it was the Stars game to lose after the 1st.

Puzzled indeed about Vilardi, who I happened to see the camera catch skating onto the ice at the game end.
Looked up Sportsnet boxscore and he played just 10:31

Meanwhile Perfetti got up to 9:22 and Barron was the low player at 9:03

At post game Bowness said Vilardi suffered an injury 

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

A brutally sloppy first period sunk them last night.

Any update on Vilardi?
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 01, 2024, 01:20:47 PMA brutally sloppy first period sunk them last night.

Any update on Vilardi?

Missed practice this morning.

"We'll see how he feels tommorrow".
My wife is amazing!

J5V

That Dallas team is stacked! We just can't match up against them 5 on 5. The only possible way I can see us getting past them in the playoffs is for Helle to steal the series and for us to get a lot of puck luck. Injuries can always play a role too. But ...

I didn't like the way the game was called. The missed icings, the uncalled interference, the chintzy calls against us putting us down 3-5 at one point. I was not impressed. I get that the game was in Dallas but I don't see one-sided officiating going our way like that in the 'Peg. Bowness was right to scold the officials for their performance. It was awful.

Does anyone know where Stanley was? I wouldn't have minded him answering back for some of the physical liberties Dallas took with us last night.
Go Bombers!

Jockitch

Stanley was in the Press Box vs Dallas

Agree about the overall officiating ....... had a smell to it.
Course I still haven't gotten over Tavares snapping his own stick, bout 3-5 seconds after a tap from a Jet,
then saying hey to the official and voila our team is short handed.
That was a horrible delayed call by ref(s)

HUSTLE & MUSCLE