Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Yes, we need another top 6 forward that can score. Preferably a C or RW would be nice. Faceoffs still a problem. PP needs a kick in the A... Defensively we are strong.

Disappointed: Kupari 0 goals and a -4. Surprised: MB36 8 goals playing on the 4th line.

Prospect: My brother has had a chance to watch Jacob Julien a number of times this year. Jacob plays for the London Knights. 6'4' 185, 44 games, 21G/36A. Centre, shoots left. Says this kids is very good, just needs to fill out his 6"4" frame. Could be an excellent power forward.   

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Special teams continue to hinder this team and Saturday night was no exception. Face-offs, no offensive finish, and injuries sure aren't helping things.

Scheifele should be back after the break but I think it's imperative to add some skill down the middle should this team hope to stay atop the standings and succeed in the playoffs.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Comments on the effort vs the Leafs were sufficient to say that the finish isn't theree and special teams are most definitely under performing

Saw on TSN Transactions that D. Chisholm was placed on Waivers Sunday. No doubt wanting him back with the Moose. 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Wild claim Declan Chisholm... oh well.  He was an interesting prospect and a good value, but developing a 5th rounder doesn't always work out, and its not the biggest loss right now...  he had to go down to the Moose, he was wasting away in the box.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Unfortunate that he had to clear waivers and didn't, but I don't think anyone in the organization is going to lose sleep over it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Sounds like BD5 is okay and will be back after the All-star break.

theaardvark

Are we interested in Elias Lindholm? 

Why is every NHL pundit naming us as a trading partner, giving up a First Rounder (not going to be worth much, picking 30th or so) and a top prospect like Lambert? 

Rental player unless he agrees to a deal, $4.65mil hit this year, will want more? 

Aren't we pretty set up the middle?  Now and future?  CP91 is supposed to be behind MS55 in the future plans, right?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on January 29, 2024, 10:11:46 PMAre we interested in Elias Lindholm? 

Why is every NHL pundit naming us as a trading partner, giving up a First Rounder (not going to be worth much, picking 30th or so) and a top prospect like Lambert? 

Rental player unless he agrees to a deal, $4.65mil hit this year, will want more? 

Aren't we pretty set up the middle?  Now and future?  CP91 is supposed to be behind MS55 in the future plans, right?

We are not set in the middle at all. All of our "centres" have all been moved to the wing. And you can see how our scorting has dried up without Scheif in. We badly need second line centre. Preferable one who can win face-offs.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 30, 2024, 01:54:18 PMHow do you mean?

Perfetti is our projected to develop into our #2 C going forward into the future, is he not?  Is that not the plan for him?

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on January 30, 2024, 03:20:36 PMPerfetti is our projected to develop into our #2 C going forward into the future, is he not?  Is that not the plan for him?

Apparently not.

They've played him on the wing. They seem to not see him as an NHL centre.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Well, we had this discussion last summer about CP91. I think most didn't think he was ready to jump into the #2 C role. He also had some big shoes to fill in PL80. Who last year had 27G/36A, and is a physical C that can win face-offs. I think CP91 has come along way since his rookie season. However, he's not a #2 C on a team looking to go deep into the play-offs. So yes, I am all for going out and acquiring a top 2 C.   

Pigskin

What will our lines look like after the All-star break.

81/55/13
27/7/91
62/17/22
36/21/9/71/15

drahgon

Quote from: Pigskin on January 30, 2024, 04:57:44 PMWhat will our lines look like after the All-star break.

81/55/13
27/7/91
22/17/22
36/21/9/71/15

Gonna clone Appleton? JK, I know you meant 62! ;D

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on January 30, 2024, 03:20:36 PMPerfetti is our projected to develop into our #2 C going forward into the future, is he not?  Is that not the plan for him?

That's not something anyone outside of the organization can definitively answer. I'm not sure if he'll become a bonafide 2C but he's only 22, so time will tell. He's having a pretty strong season, which leads me to think there's a reason for optimism as he progresses. His stats are solid but he needs to improve on his FO%, IMO.

In the meantime, it could be prudent for management to look into acquiring a bonafide 2C to round out the top 6 and mitigate offensive issues going forward for the balance of the season and the playoffs.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.