Redblacks at Riders GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 06, 2023, 10:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

TSN has CFL stats. I don't know how accurate they are, but they seem better than CFL.ca, which are pathetic. (Ambrosie should really be fired over this debacle with stats.)
TSN has both kickers as 18/19 for FG, but Leggs is only 6/9 for converts (66/7%), whereas Sergio is 23/26 (88.5%(.

theaardvark

Leggs missed his first FG last week, but has missed a lot of PAT's.

Doing both jobs as a lower paid Nat is where the difference is...  we don't look stupid for releasing him, yet... but if he turns into the next Paredes, well, yeah...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

TSN's stats seem pretty accurate.

The CFL website is a tire fire.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bunker on August 09, 2023, 12:56:38 PM
TSN has CFL stats. I don't know how accurate they are, but they seem better than CFL.ca, which are pathetic. (Ambrosie should really be fired over this debacle with stats.)
TSN has both kickers as 18/19 for FG, but Leggs is only 6/9 for converts (66/7%), whereas Sergio is 23/26 (88.5%(.

The difference is Leggs has a knack for missing points at the wrong time, he missed a convert against the RB's at a critical time a few weeks ago even though the Ti-Cats eventually won the game by a few points, it could have been the difference.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 09, 2023, 02:09:50 PM
The difference is Leggs has a knack for missing points at the wrong time, he missed a convert against the RB's at a critical time a few weeks ago even though the Ti-Cats eventually won the game by a few points, it could have been the difference.

I couldn't care less if Leggs becomes the greatest kicker in league history. He was done here and needed to move on.

He would be continued to be booed mercilessly with every mistake here. He needed a fresh start and maybe the kick in the pants, too.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on August 09, 2023, 03:08:41 PM
I couldn't care less if Leggs becomes the greatest kicker in league history. He was done here and needed to move on.

He would be continued to be booed mercilessly with every mistake here. He needed a fresh start and maybe the kick in the pants, too.

Exactly - while i have no proof I believe that his teammates and coaches had lost some faith in him and that is a terrible place to be as part of a high performing team.  It was the right move to release him.

Waffler

Sergio's kicks have a real consistent look to them, mostly going right down the middle. Leggs can't touch him at that. Over any length of time Sergio will out kick him as he did in training camp here.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on August 09, 2023, 07:09:00 PM
Sergio's kicks have a real consistent look to them, mostly going right down the middle. Leggs can't touch him at that. Over any length of time Sergio will out kick him as he did in training camp here.

That's true.  They are mostly based around the middle, except for the odd one that gets away.  Leggs was kind of all over the place, though most did make it through.

Maybe Sergio reminds MOS more of Money Medlock in the consistent, robot-like method of kicking.  He's not Meddy, but he's maybe the next best thing.

And Sergio seems to have more distance in reserve than Leggs, no?
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on August 09, 2023, 03:08:41 PM

Similar to what happened with Hajrullahu after his sophomore slump of a season in 2015, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.