Stamps at Als GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 30, 2023, 12:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I picked the Als at home

Discuss
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

I see Taylor and Muhammed are both listed as starters this week. Stamps have about 8 players moving onto the AR due to IR movement.

Going to root for the Als.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Lapo in the booth does he know when to shut up?  :D

The Zipp

We got Lapo in the booth...

barbk

Rather listen to Paul then the announcer at Molson Stadium and those damm horns

GOLDMEMBER

Great call on the 3rd and 1.

The Zipp

Love that play on the "sneak"...

GOLDMEMBER

Lapo Lapo Lapo  :D

Maier off target X2 latter part of that drive.

GOLDMEMBER

Despite the annoying horns good to see solid consistent crowds on MonReeeallll

buckzumhoff

Maier like to throw double coverage . Fajardo probably tries to hang onto the ball and run. I'll take Maier. better qb

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: buckzumhoff on July 30, 2023, 11:15:39 PM
Maier like to throw double coverage . Fajardo probably tries to hang onto the ball and run. I'll take Maier. better qb
Nice confident throw by JarJardo

GOLDMEMBER

Brad Muhammed cup O coffee here. Is back with Stamps and starting.

That is the CFL for yah.

GOLDMEMBER

I am liking Lapo so far.
Just do your job man nothing more nothing less.

The Zipp

Apart from Toronto and Winnipeg...nobody really seems to run the ball

pjrocksmb

The constant complaining and nick picking about the TSN  colour and play by play guys is getting old.  Yes they are not perfect and some are better than others but they are generally fine imo.

Lapo seams fine but best to judge him after a number of games.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:24:04 PM
Sask
BC
EDM

All have players with similar touches on the ground.  They are trying just not as effective (yet?).

The Zipp

Faj.  Just a bad throw into the dirt. 

Is Mack considered a rookie?

The Zipp

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:37:27 PM
There is Stanback...
Key to Mtl success.  He will hit 100 today easy.

Mtl 65 yards on the ground.  They are clearly running the rock today.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:31:10 PM
Faj.  Just a bad throw into the dirt. 

Is Mack considered a rookie?
drive killer expert.

Is Kenzie related to Donny Lalonde?  :D 

dd

Ugly 1st quarter by the Stamps, 1 first down and 40 yds net offense, brutal. Struggling big time

GOLDMEMBER

Stamp O just having a terrible time trying to get on track.

Dickie must be thrilled.

The Zipp

Cote with an ugly boot - just seemed to aim that one all wrong...like I do on the golf course

GOLDMEMBER

I am a tad tape delayed.

Stan just run the friggin ball MAAS!

The Zipp

Jake the snake delivers another pick 6...

pjrocksmb

The Zipp

dd

I really like having Lapo as the game analyst, he brings a legit insight to what?s going on out there

pjrocksmb

Quote from: dd on July 30, 2023, 11:46:44 PM
I really like having Lapo as the game analyst, he brings a legit insight to what?s going on out there
Knows his stuff that's for sure.  Agree.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:45:51 PM
Cote got the yips...
think that is his middle name. Cody Yips Fajardo.  :D

Cote misses. Sheesh

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Cote mentally suffering. Yikes!

GOLDMEMBER

Brandon Stewart. Whoop there was a true BB nice veteran DB!

Lapo likes his BB deep cuts. Noice.

GOLDMEMBER

May be it is those Kentucky Fried Chicken themed jerseys why the Stamps suck. LOL

Marsh and Lapo make a nice duo.

Lapo is waaay better than Suits already!

GOLDMEMBER

Are the Als trying to kill that Keon guy. Yikes!

Pete

two dumb penalties..killer

The Zipp

Some bad penalties by Calgary.  Too many men and time count - come on Dave

GOLDMEMBER

Pete

and a sack that everyone could see coming

GOLDMEMBER

LOL nice eye by Lapo on the delay of game penalty. Outstanding eye by Lapo! 8)

pjrocksmb

buckzumhoff

Maier very slow to decide to do something. Some of the rookie QBs have a better idea how the rush is coming . Hang onto the ball take the sack. At least not an interception. Dickenson is getting tired of delays on the offense. Have to have 20 second clock in your head .

buckzumhoff

GOLDMEMBER

Maier looks terrible. Confidence is waining.

GOLDMEMBER

Lemon looks average at best.

Pete

Dukes needs to hold on to the ball, for such a big guy pretty wimpy play

GOLDMEMBER

Ok we get it crew Kate golfs big whoop.

Pete

it gets old with tsns always trying to show how much fun the panel is

Throw Long Bannatyne

No time for dead air time, Lapo knows everything that's happening for every position on every play!  Great addition.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Stamps never used to trot Paredes out beyond the 45 which helped him make a high percentage of FG's, now they're desperate for him to make +50's.

buckzumhoff

Rain delay should help Calgary. Regroup. Run the ball
Quit passing every down

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: buckzumhoff on July 31, 2023, 12:43:58 AM
Rain delay should help Calgary. Regroup. Run the ball
Quit passing every down
I will believe when I see it. Both sides do not run the ball enough. It is silly!

GOLDMEMBER

TSN director smoking a doobie before the game starts again. LOL

GOLDMEMBER

Antwi took eyes off the ball.

GOLDMEMBER

Surprise surprise Calgary looks more composed.

GOLDMEMBER

Slippery potato out there.

GOLDMEMBER

Lapo destroyed a Chicken Parm and 5 cups of coffee. :)

The Zipp

Lapo and Ferguson might be the new #1 team in my mind

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 31, 2023, 01:33:39 AM
No complaints.

Especially when Lapo is crushing Coffees like no tomorrow. :D

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 31, 2023, 12:22:07 AM
No time for dead air time, Lapo knows everything that's happening for every position on every play!  Great addition.
He does. His analysis is always analytical and he gives us the cerebral part of the game, why the plays are being called, where they should be going etc. I love it, so much better than the others

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on July 31, 2023, 01:33:39 AM
They have been very good.

To answer your question about Mack sounds like he would be a rookie but has had NFL experience.

bunker

Lapo is good. Ferguson is a bit dry, but I like him more than Nielson, who generates too much false enthusiasm. Rod Smith is still my favourite for P by P.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: bunker on July 31, 2023, 01:50:29 AM
Lapo is good. Ferguson is a bit dry, but I like him more than Nielson, who generates too much false enthusiasm. Rod Smith is still my favourite for P by P.
I like the variety they all bring.  Love seeing the new faces and younger guys.

Pete

calgary has the best 3 yard passing game in the league..too bad normally you need more than that

pjrocksmb

The Zipp

pjrocksmb

Too bad the refs screwed that call up.  Clearly a catch.

Pete

12 field goals in this game

pjrocksmb

Throw Long Bannatyne

Stamps can't put the ball in the endzone, penalties and screwups every drive.

dd

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 31, 2023, 01:57:55 AM
I like the variety they all bring.  Love seeing the new faces and younger guys.
Agree. I like the fact they are all products of the Canadian university system and are totally passionate about the Canadian game. And each brings with them their own ?style? but it?s their respect, passion and excitement for the Canadian game that impresses me.

Pete

Maier's season in a nutshell

The Zipp

Jake thinking he is Mahomes out there...

He isnt....

Pete

how do you not throw a safe play to run down the clock? typical Jason Maas

Throw Long Bannatyne

That was a terrible RTP call, Rose bull rushed his man through Fajardo, probably didn't even make contact directly with him.

The Zipp

Quote from: Pete on July 31, 2023, 02:19:15 AM
how do you not throw a safe play to run down the clock?

So dumb

The Zipp

How is that not PI?  Didn't turn around and screened his face ?

Pete

terribly coached game on both sides

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on July 31, 2023, 02:18:04 AM
Jake thinking he is Mahomes out there...

He isnt....

No he isn?t. Don?t know why he didn?t just take the yardage and run for the first down to give them 2 cracks from the 5, oh well, never get tired at watching Calgary lose, never. They are who we think they are

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:08:25 PM
We got Lapo in the booth...

Wow!  His first booth duty?  I guess with that QB in the booth, Lapo is the voice and QB is the color?  Weird, both are ex-football people, and thus neither is a "voice".

I like the idea though, Lapo will bring a whole new dimension.  When's the last time an OC was in the booth?  So far so good, but I'm a biased Lapo fan.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on July 31, 2023, 02:19:15 AM
how do you not throw a safe play to run down the clock? typical Jason Maas
Guy is NOT HC material and barely a credible OC. idiotic!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 31, 2023, 02:35:35 AM
Wow!  His first booth duty?  I guess with that QB in the booth, Lapo is the voice and QB is the color?  Weird, both are ex-football people, and thus neither is a "voice".

I like the idea though, Lapo will bring a whole new dimension.  When's the last time an OC was in the booth?  So far so good, but I'm a biased Lapo fan.

I am not biased at all, I call it as I see it or hear it. Lapo was very good for his first game and lightning delayed on top of that. Cudos Lapo Cudos.

GOLDMEMBER

Is it like Maier thinks it will just happen with some of these crunch time decisions.
This way of playing is failing him epically.
On some plays his WRs and OL are not helping him but he is making Cornelius level decisions out there.
Calgary has good RBs but are completely oblivious in using them properly.

Dickie has lost his charm. He looks disgusted on camera 90% of the time. They may have a hard time making the playoffs.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:24:04 PM

Guys like Condell and Maas hate running the ball.  So there's that.

CGY is a mystery now: starting last game they decided to stop running.  Maybe Mills is nursing an injury?  Normally CGY would be leading the league.  Maybe they had everything pinned on always-hurt Carey?

SSK's new guy likes to run the ball and they keep trying with Morrow.  So there's hope for them.  Maybe.  BC seems to only want to run to close a game.  Who's that, Macsymic?  Jury still out on him.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 31, 2023, 02:49:01 AM
Guys like Condell and Maas hate running the ball.  So there's that.

CGY is a mystery now: starting last game they decided to stop running.  Maybe Mills is nursing an injury?  Normally CGY would be leading the league.  Maybe they had everything pinned on always-hurt Carey?

SSK's new guy likes to run the ball and they keep trying with Morrow.  So there's hope for them.  Maybe.  BC seems to only want to run to close a game.  Who's that, Macsymic?  Jury still out on him.

Mizell LOL

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 30, 2023, 11:24:12 PM
The constant complaining and nick picking about the TSN  colour and play by play guys is getting old.  Yes they are not perfect and some are better than others but they are generally fine imo.

TSN guys (and gals) are pretty good.  After watching the garbage-leagues in the USA and even the NFL, I can say I much prefer the CFL TSN crew.

My worst complaint is the in-game injury reporting has gone downhill (to nonexistent).  They don't say anything anymore.  They used to have the sideline person track down the injury details.
Never go full Rider!

dd

You HAVE to have a running game if you?re going to be successful when things turn cold and it?s playoff time. Calgary is asking too much out of Maier and his average passing game at best. Same with Montreal and fajardo s passing attack. I m assuming Montreal uses stanbeck more eff ctvelynonce he gets his game legs back and they could challenge Toronto for the east crown.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 31, 2023, 02:53:49 AM
TSN guys (and gals) are pretty good.  After watching the garbage-leagues in the USA and even the NFL, I can say I much prefer the CFL TSN crew.

My worst complaint is the in-game injury reporting has gone downhill (to nonexistent).  They don't say anything anymore.  They used to have the sideline person track down the injury details.

Agreed and I ll take any cfl crew over anything the ?other? league serves up. Can?t stand they?re broadcasts and don?t watch anything until playoff time. The big thing the CFL offers is it?s grounded and down home broadcasts, they re authentic, sincere wand easy to listen to

TecnoGenius

It dawned on me that the perfect pairing would be Maas and Dane Evans.  They are both all deep all the time.  Virtually everyone thought Maas/Cody in SSK was the worst pairing in the world.  A deep-only OC with a QB who can't throw deep.  And so what does MTL do? ...  They recreate that pairing, but this time in French.  Now that's funny!

;D :D ;D

(Nice seeing McGloster getting some work, I knew I knew that name!  Anyone know what's wrong with Rice??)
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

I disagree strongly especially in the NFL. The other leagues I have no idea nor do I care for. I cannot stand Romo but I really like Moose Johnson, Aikman, Colinsworth, Charles Davis, and a few others on colour. Al Michaels to me is the GOAT play by play. Kevin Burkhardt, Mike Turico are all top notch play by play men as well.

Jim Nantz was great but Romo ruins him now. Romo is sooo annoying! Rod black level annoying.

pjrocksmb

Good point, I like those updates too.

TBURGESS

Note to PLAP... Stop saying right after every sentence.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:45:02 PM
Jake the snake delivers another pick 6...

Why are soooo many QBs falling prey to the wide out pick?  Even our Zach!!  What is happening to these QBs?  Maier was staring at that play for many seconds and knew precisely where the DB was but still thinks to himself "my pass will beat the DB".

I'm not sure I recall a season with so many wide out INTs.  Weird.  Teams need to correct this.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Ya, even if you don't like him or his style, you have to admit he's providing novel info and a different, OC's, take on things.  It's the same as when Chezie joined the panel: we finally got some D insight and chatter.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Argh, one hour into the football game Ferguson the F1 fan tells me who won the F1 race earlier without a spoiler warning!  I haven't watched it yet Fergie!  Argh
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: buckzumhoff on July 31, 2023, 12:09:33 AM
That's a fumble

Not after command's precedent decision yesterday!   :-X :-[ ::) :o
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 31, 2023, 02:51:09 AM
Mizell LOL

I was talking OCs.  It's not the RB who decides if there will be a run play
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 31, 2023, 03:04:39 AM
Al Michaels to me is the GOAT play by play.

Al Michaels WAS the best, now I feel like his dentures are gonna fall out when he pronounces some words. He is 78. Good Howard Cosell story in his book concerning a cab ride that Howard stopped to break up a street fight with this:

Then Cosell spoke: ?Now listen. It?s quite apparent to this trained observer that the young southpaw does not have a jab requisite for the continuation of this fray. Furthermore, his opponent is a man of inferior and diminishing skills. This confrontation is halted posthaste!?

For Lapo, he could be the best, right? He offers current knowledge of the game, right? Suitor has been retired since 1995, right?   I enjoyed his insights, relaxed delivery and he'll get better, right?  Just that one thing that I find annoying, right?

Dunigan I find has 2 on air personalities, panel Dunigan and color guy "Texas" Dunigan which grates on me after a while.

Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 31, 2023, 04:40:45 AM
Note to PLAP... Stop saying right after every sentence.
Correct. Right!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Waffler on July 31, 2023, 11:56:44 AM
Al Michaels WAS the best, now I feel like his dentures are gonna fall out when he pronounces some words. He is 78. Good Howard Cosell story in his book concerning a cab ride that Howard stopped to break up a street fight with this:

Then Cosell spoke: ?Now listen. It?s quite apparent to this trained observer that the young southpaw does not have a jab requisite for the continuation of this fray. Furthermore, his opponent is a man of inferior and diminishing skills. This confrontation is halted posthaste!?

For Lapo, he could be the best, right? He offers current knowledge of the game, right? Suitor has been retired since 1995, right?   I enjoyed his insights, relaxed delivery and he'll get better, right?  Just that one thing that I find annoying, right?

Dunigan I find has 2 on air personalities, panel Dunigan and color guy "Texas" Dunigan which grates on me after a while.

more like Louisiana Dunnigan. Ugh!

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 31, 2023, 03:04:39 AM
I disagree strongly especially in the NFL. The other leagues I have no idea nor do I care for. I cannot stand Romo but I really like Moose Johnson, Aikman, Colinsworth, Charles Davis, and a few others on colour. Al Michaels to me is the GOAT play by play. Kevin Burkhardt, Mike Turico are all top notch play by play men as well.

Jim Nantz was great but Romo ruins him now. Romo is sooo annoying! Rod black level annoying.

NFL has some really good combos - Al Michaels is the best.  I will get some hate but I really like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman but you are right there are some really good broadcasters for the NFL.  I think Tom Brady is going to be real good when he gets out there too.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on July 31, 2023, 01:22:45 PM
NFL has some really good combos - Al Michaels is the best.  I will get some hate but I really like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman but you are right there are some really good broadcasters for the NFL.  I think Tom Brady is going to be real good when he gets out there too.

Agree. Plus, I know a few people who go the other way on this but I think Nantz and Romo are fantastic. Always learn something when Romo calls a game.

blue_gold_84

Romo is an awesome colour analyst.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

bwiser

With the Stamps losing it was another successful week for the Bombers. Riders and Stamps fall further behind where it is a two way race for first and a home playoff game seems to be on the horizon. Could this year be the year that an eastern team crosses over.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 31, 2023, 01:56:31 PM
I would be ok with him if he did not predict nearly every single offensive play. Plus he over yaks a bit.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 31, 2023, 01:56:31 PM

Agree, the NFL have some very good people calling there games. Romo is one of them.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.