Lions at Elks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 29, 2023, 11:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 31, 2023, 05:45:20 PM
Stats Junkie never said that. He simply provided evidence to disprove your silly claims that Ceresna is one of the dirtiest players in the league and he wouldn't fit in here.
This ^

There is zero evidence Ceresna would be a poor fit in any locker room. This is just made up so to be convenient to the poster.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

The Ceresna comment was 100% based on my personal observation of his play.  I take 100% responsibility for the comment.  It Is My Humble Opinion that he is a dirty player, revels in dirty play, and pushes the edge of legal hits.  Have I been subject to a observation bias?  Who knows. 

That is my observation, and also my observation that MOS does not like that kind of player. 

I like his stats, anyone would.  And Dline who can cause chaos are generally successful.  But I have neer heard anyone mention Ceresna and Nice Guy in the same sentence. 

This is a discussion forum, and we are all allowed to have our opinions. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Opinions not based on facts don't matter.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pete

sure they do! half the fun pf the forum is listening to opinions no matter how ill informed. If all of our posts were 100% accurate the bombers could get rid of half their coaches

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on July 31, 2023, 08:08:09 PM
The Ceresna comment was 100% based on my personal observation of his play.  I take 100% responsibility for the comment.  It Is My Humble Opinion that he is a dirty player, revels in dirty play, and pushes the edge of legal hits.  Have I been subject to a observation bias?  Who knows. 

That is my observation, and also my observation that MOS does not like that kind of player. 

I like his stats, anyone would.  And Dline who can cause chaos are generally successful.  But I have neer heard anyone mention Ceresna and Nice Guy in the same sentence. 

This is a discussion forum, and we are all allowed to have our opinions. 

Oh Aardvark. Of course the double down. Never change. Don't let the facts or football knowledge get in the way. It's amazing that every post is so consistently shot through the most extreme of home bias possible.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 31, 2023, 04:20:04 PM
OK, we should definitely trade Dru Brown for Ceresna...

Agreed, then they can trade him to Ottawa to get Piggie back.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 31, 2023, 08:08:09 PM
I like his stats, anyone would.  And Dline who can cause chaos are generally successful.  But I have neer heard anyone mention Ceresna and Nice Guy in the same sentence

Ceresna historically hasn't been particularly dirty.  This season he did one fairly "dirty" and maybe one iffy-dirty hit FWIR.  Dirty enough I think the panel was talking about it, and here and the Riderfans forum were crying "dirty".  That is where all the recent "dirty Ceresna" chatter comes from.

I think people are still sensitive from the Marino incident last season.  Maybe rightfully so.  We don't want to see elite QBs get crippled.  Maybe we all like to have one player we can single out as the "dirtiest" just to throw barbs at?  Dunno.  Historically that would be Simoni, but he's been keeping his nose a lot cleaner this season.  Maybe he's thinking about his legacy.  (Now, trading for Simoni for a playoff run if Wilson isn't 100%... that would be intriguing!)

Personally I'd be happy to give Ceresna a shot in our DL.  However, we had our chance in FA and didn't bother, so we probably couldn't afford him in any event.  Although, last-minute trades can be affordable by the virtue of only having to pay them for a quarter season.  If he didn't FI, they could easily FO him.
Never go full Rider!