Lions at Elks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 29, 2023, 11:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Lions stomp time?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

I don?t think the Lions will miss a beat with Evans. 30-14 lions

GOLDMEMBER

I guess Elk fans still get to go to games free all year or what?

The Zipp

Trickery almost successful

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 29, 2023, 11:14:51 PM
I guess Elk fans still get to go to games free all year or what?

Hahahaha

GOLDMEMBER

We do not  want Dustin ?losing his mind?

Calm down a bit man!

GOLDMEMBER

Elks D no intensity

Poor tackling.

pjrocksmb

Dustin is fine and that comment was funny.  Man no pleasing some.

pjrocksmb

BC run game is good got two good backs

pjrocksmb

Nice hold by Elks, needed that bad

pjrocksmb

Need Brown to run the ball effectively for the Elks to have a chance.

The Zipp

Can't throw that deep ball any better to Hollins

pjrocksmb

GOLDMEMBER

Elks super undisciplined

pjrocksmb

Another hold Elks need a major bad

bwiser

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 29, 2023, 11:36:30 PM
Elks super undisciplined
That seems to be a trait of bad teams. I don't think the Bombers have had a misconduct penalty this season. The Bombers don't take penalties after the whistle.

GOLDMEMBER

Elks getting sacks a plenty on 3 man pressure.

Couture, Chung and co. having a rough game so far.

Pete

feels like elks have given up more yards in penalties than theyve gained on offence

Pete

does anyone else think that 3 man rushes are not a good thing,even if you manage to get pressure youd get more with 4 or 5

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pete on July 30, 2023, 12:17:22 AM
does anyone else think that 3 man rushes are not a good thing,even if you manage to get pressure youd get more with 4 or 5
Rushing 3 has a place as part of a basket of schemes.

If your front 3 are great or the OL is average or worse, you have a shot

The Zipp

Edmonton has a bye next week.  Perhaps this is CJ's last game as coach - especially if they get shut out again

GOLDMEMBER

Elks are king of taking penalties that is for sure.

Makes Jones look like a meathead.

Sir Blue and Gold

I don't think Edmonton could take more penalties if they tried.

pjrocksmb

Wonder what the record is for penalties?

Sir Blue and Gold

Man, this might be one of the ugliest CFL performances of all time. No joke.

TecnoGenius

I'm way behind on the PVR on this one, but it's nice to see that Lucky has greatly improved his hands.  Not perfect yet, but he can make catches outside his body now (and earlier this season).  He very well could be the next Speedy B: sans the whining.  Hopefully he'll always remember who gave him his start, and first ring.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 30, 2023, 12:57:25 AM
Agreed just so so bad. Is Jones and his staff even qualified professionals at their jobs?

Those fans are enduring the crappiest football one could envision.

These penalties are insane. Jones appears to barely care regarding penalties. What a clueless individual.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 30, 2023, 01:02:14 AM
Agreed just so so bad. Is Jones and his staff even qualified professionals at their jobs?

Those fans are enduring the crappiest football one could envision.

These penalties are insane. Jones appears to barely care regarding penalties. What a clueless individual.

Needs to be fired tomorrow

GOLDMEMBER

Eeeks setting a new standard on the most penalties ever taken.

GOLDMEMBER

Remember this is all happening because they are called the Elks now. :D

GOLDMEMBER

Lordy at least Jones cannot challenge anymore.

TD Lions. At least half the yards given up we?re penalty yards on that drive I think lol

GOLDMEMBER

Hey McAdoodoo. Your offence is pure poopoo.  :D

Sir Blue and Gold

Edmonton looks like they've totally given up. Unfortunately, it's still July.

pjrocksmb

At least they are playing the HIP in Edm.  Takes the pain away.

The Zipp

Boo birds are getting louder. 

I more quarter...will they pull Corny?  Is this it for CJ?

bluengold204

Bombers gonna have their handful next week

Pete

command center doesn't like jones either, considering call on field was a fumble

Pete

how can you leave cornelius in there? Jones needs to go. I almost think he is trying to get fired.

The Zipp

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 01:46:22 AM
Can't even kick a FG...

We can confirm the reason Edmonton pouch kicks every kickoff.

Pete

and the punt returner runs into his own man

GOLDMEMBER

BOOOOOO

This is terrible

Jones is a cancer on this league!

The Zipp

Mercy pull Corny already.  If they make no big changes to this team over the bye week I will be shocked. 

This team has given up

pjrocksmb

Need two paper bags next game for Elks

GOLDMEMBER

Hey Geroy

This is making you look like a bum as assistant GM.

He does even want to watch the last 5 mins

Suits needs to shut up

pjrocksmb

This is as bad as it gets

GOLDMEMBER

Crazy there is even any EE fans left in that building.

There seems to be drummer boy Lions fans.

Corny another pick LMAO  :D :D ;D :D :D :D :D

GOLDMEMBER

Announcers forgot they still have a game to call.

Doublezero

Feeling sorry for Elks fans.
Just gimme the rock.

GOLDMEMBER

BC is dumb to have Evans still in there.

GOLDMEMBER

Put Doggy in for last 12 seconds  ::)

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on July 30, 2023, 01:50:51 AM
and the punt returner runs into his own man

He's trying to keep clear of his own endzone.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on July 30, 2023, 12:17:22 AM

MOS/Hall use it once in a blue moon, so clearly it can be useful.  Every team seems to do it at times, some more than others.

If I was a DC, I'd use 3 man rush (3MR) if the O had a TE or 2TE or bringing lots of receivers into the box for an obvious pass play.  Since you may not know that until the snap your D would have to have license to switch themselves to 3MR at the snap.  If your DL isn't going to get through with 4 (because they are vs 6, 7 or 8), and you don't want to blitz, then why bother?  You send the 3 knowing that after 3-4s they'll get through anyway, and hope your blanket coverage does the trick.

The only other time I'd use it is if the O isn't expecting it, maybe show a big blitz then drop all but 3.  Maybe you've set up the O all night with blitzes and just once in the 2nd half you throw the 3MR at them, as a tendency breaker.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

One of the worst games I can ever recall watching, not sure why I stuck it out.  A sacrifice must be made, Jones, Cornelius or McAdoo should be gone. 

Cornelius has been given every opportunity in the world to take the ball and run with it, I hope he realizes he's never going to be given a window of opportunity like that again.

Pete

if I am a qb ill take 3 man pressure any day of the week. we've seen  many plays go deep when zac has the time. It may be more effective against a qb that has trouble throwing deep such as bo or maier but even then I'd have a 4th rusher go in late. I get that it's in most teams playbook but can't say Ive seen the bombers have any success with it. The team that uses it the most is the elks...not much of an endorsement

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 30, 2023, 12:54:25 AM
I don't think Edmonton could take more penalties if they tried.

The thing I hate about DPI is you're giving the receiver a free catch: one that there's a decent chance they'd drop (and more so the deeper the pass).  Make them catch the darn ball.

The only time DPI is remotely excusable is if there is no help over top, you're falling behind, and you know the dude will likely catch in stride for a big TD (basically the same time a horsecollar is acceptable).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 30, 2023, 12:55:35 AM
Wonder what the record is for penalties?

Probably way more than we're even seeing in this game.  I bet it's some insane number.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 30, 2023, 12:57:25 AM

Nah, Brohm's last start was the worst.  At least this game has 1 good and 1 serviceable QB.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

BC/Evans is doing exactly what I said they would.  Run and deep heavy.  It's exactly what Evans was good at in HAM.  What he cannot do is the short stuff.  Maybe it's his zip (always too much, no touch), maybe it's his go-deep mindset.  Maybe he has some mindblock on the dink & dunk game.  I dunno.

EDM has a weak DB corps.  EDM isn't great against the run.  It's the perfect game plan against EDM.

Anyhow, I say this because the key to beating Evans next week (if he starts) is the same as it was in HAM.  Always assume the mid/deep throw (FS placement, etc).  And stop the run.  That means LBers play close to the box and FS stays deep.  Drop a LBer sometimes.

Also blitz a whole lot because Dane's style demands big time in the pocket.  He really sucks when he's pressured early.

It'll be tough coaching up this week if we're left guessing who is the QB.  I would say plan for Evans.  I bet BC "lies" with a "GTD" on VAJ and they start Evans.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 30, 2023, 01:06:17 AM
Remember this is all happening because they are called the Elks now. :D

You know it!  Haha.  It might take something as drastic as a name change (along with a HC) to turn this dumpster fire around.  Plus, then you can sell all new merch again  :D :D

Someone pointed out before that the streak started before they changed the name, but it was like Oct it started and thus only a couple of home games left for that season as the Esks.  It's reasonable to exclude the 1-3 home games they lost as the Esks from the streak, as teams lose a couple of home games to end a season all the time, and thus one can still say the Elks name is what cursed them.

Should have been Empire.  Elks is just lame.  Poor fans.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 30, 2023, 01:07:01 AM
TD Lions. At least half the yards given up we?re penalty yards on that drive I think lol

The worst part is it kills you in fantasy!  I think fantasy should award DPIs to the QB/receiver as though it were a catch.  Being robbed by DPIs is annoying.  The worst is DPI in the EZ so the 3rd QB nobody picked gets the sneak points.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Packing so many more divisional games in the schedule is really really bad for the weakest W teams.  The extra E-W games we used to have were a great way to bad W teams not to look so bad.  Now we barely get to see each E team once.  Lapos OTT year I don't think we got to play them once, and they were the free bingo spot!

EDM and SSK are looking worse than they would have in 2019 because they have to play the top W teams 3 times each.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 30, 2023, 03:19:01 AM
You know it!  Haha.  It might take something as drastic as a name change (along with a HC) to turn this dumpster fire around.  Plus, then you can sell all new merch again  :D :D

Someone pointed out before that the streak started before they changed the name, but it was like Oct it started and thus only a couple of home games left for that season as the Esks.  It's reasonable to exclude the 1-3 home games they lost as the Esks from the streak, as teams lose a couple of home games to end a season all the time, and thus one can still say the Elks name is what cursed them.

Should have been Empire.  Elks is just lame.  Poor fans.

The name sounds weak!

dd

Taylor Cornelius never was and never will be the answer in Edmonton. I d like to know who decided to move on from Trevor Harris or nick arbuckle, that guy should be gone. I d move on from corny , he is truly hopeless.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on July 30, 2023, 01:40:15 AM
command center doesn't like jones either, considering call on field was a fumble

Rule 1 - Section 3 - Possession:
Possession means having the ball firmly held in the hand or hands, arm or arms, leg or legs, or under the body.

Lucky caught that ball perfectly and firmly, didn't move it relative to his hands at all (no change of grip or bobble), and while fully in control tried to tuck it and whiffed.

To me that's a catch and fumble.  Doubly so because it was ruled so on the field.

So what is command going to claim here?  That it was bang-bang?  But there was no bang.  No one hit Lucky.  He did it himself.

That it all happened so fast?  There is no rule that says you have to have it "firmly held" for greater than X seconds.  This is almost certainly what they'll say here, but when the ball is caught so perfectly like that, I think the timing is irrelevant.

P.S. The "survives the ground" thing doesn't apply because Lucky wasn't falling/diving/

Command couldn't throw EDM a bone there?  Do they want EDM more embarrassed to try to sell more BC tickets?  Are they all-in on BC beating WPG to the cup this year for ratings?  Makes you wonder.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

This game seems like it's going on forever.  I was shocked the end of the 3rd wasn't the end of the 4th.  Maybe so many incompletions and punts cause a super long game with so much clock stoppage.

And if you've given up all hope of winning, why not do your normal mix of run plays?  Where are the sweeps?  You can't win, so why not tell everyone the goal is to just drive the field and score.  They had all 2nd half to do it.  Just run your scripted drive (you do have a drive scripted, don't you?) and get some points.

Just made it to the 3:19 INT... haha, that almost certainly puts Corny at negative fantasy points for the night.  Every INT is -2.

Why isn't BC putting in their B team now?  Tempting fate as the EDM D has been playing hardnosed, if ineffective.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Doublezero on July 30, 2023, 02:01:59 AM
Feeling sorry for Elks fans.

Yup, we know -- WPG fans know this feeling.

But hey, feel good for the fans who bought the P1 seats in week 1 and get a full season of tickets because of it.  Can't argue with that deal.  (Might make real STH gripe though.)

If BC faces EDM 3 times, and I think they do, why are they running up the score?  20s left they could just go V.  Was MOS going to do that if Houston had batted down that last ball?  Just seems odd.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 30, 2023, 04:16:41 AM
Taylor Cornelius never was and never will be the answer in Edmonton. I d like to know who decided to move on from Trevor Harris or nick arbuckle, that guy should be gone. I d move on from corny , he is truly hopeless.

Ya, you have to ditch Corny now.  He's not the main problem there, but he's a big part of it.  This is the first game I've seen where he's really not reading the field at all.  Like leaving wide open guys with no glances because he's locked into his #1/#2.  Part of it is how hurried he is all the time, but sometimes he does have the time.  He's just not seeing it.

I don't know, I feel he could be better with a good OL, but it might be the end for him, short of horrendous injury on other teams.

That OL is really awful, though.  Zach and Rourke would look bad behind those hoggies.  Interesting that many of the receivers didn't give up hope: looked like they really wanted to make plays; as did Brown.  I guess they must all be thinking of their jobs, though.

As for T.Harris, I'm pretty sure he wanted out and took less money to leave.  He has always been good at sniffing out sinking ships.

If you ever wanted proof the coaches cap is horrendously bad for the CFL, this is it.  EDM is screwed.  They have no choice but to stick with a HC that has lost the room.  Thanks Ambrosie.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Bye week... who do the Elks say Bye to?

Something has to change, we know Jones is not stepping down as HC/DC/GM, so...

McAdoo gets fired?  Jackson/Howell moves up?  Seems the most logical non-Jones firing.

What should happen is:

Geroy takes the GM spot over.  Jones concentrates on HC, Maxie takes DC spot.  McAdoo move still an option as well.

Ford is somehow in Jone's doghouse.  If you aren't going to play him, trade him for someone you will play.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

3rdand1.5

Corny has not been good, the problem is far far deeper than him. A new QB won't make them any better, IMO.

After watching that game I can't believe we allowed them to stick with us for a while. BC took it to them whistle to whistle.

To say I am extremely worried about our game next week would be fair, BC looks really good.

Blue In BC

Elks are lacking talent all over the roster. OL is not close to good and their running game is non-existent. 4 rookies in their secondary.

I don't see a quick fix on the roster let alone questions about coaching.

Could see some players released ( as Ffrench was ) due to performance issues. Didn't specifically see anyone giving up as the game progressed but Cornelius sure looked like a beat down player.

Elks might explore a trade during the bye but where would they get the best bang in a trade deal? Good OL are not immediately jumping out as available in trade.

Bombers might have a DB that is somewhat in excess of keeping on the roster and SMS. However what do the Elks have we'd want?

Elks are close to be playing for 2024. The Riders and Stamps may not be very good, but catching either and even hoping for a crossover is unlikely at the moment.

So they may let their rookies gain experience by playing. Some vets may be released if they are on 1 year deals and have high SMS impacts.

They don't have many bodies on their PR at the moment ( 5 IIRC ) and I don't think they will get anyone back from 6 game IR very soon.

Let the airlift begin.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on July 30, 2023, 04:16:41 AM

I don't know if someone is telling Cornie not to run or it's his own decision, but in the open field he's an excellent runner, maybe better than Crum.  For whatever reason they are no longer making use of that skill.  He also has a rocket for an arm, criticism when he first came into the league was he was throwing the ball too hard (remember heavy balls?), he's learned to take heat off the ball but it looks like it has effected his accuracy.

I don't think the CFL really has a young QB problem, they have a protection problem.  Fine, Crum, Cornelius and a few other prospects could develop into legitimate starting QB's if they didn't have a D-line or LB in their face the entire game.  I think they're going to have to come up with a rule change in order to flip the script, because right now we are not seeing high quality football in many of these games.

Blue72

Only guy that I would like would be Jake Ceresna 6'5 295 lbs and 29. Watching him play, he is a beast.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 30, 2023, 03:35:01 PM
Elks are lacking talent all over the roster. OL is not close to good and their running game is non-existent. 4 rookies in their secondary.

I don't see a quick fix on the roster let alone questions about coaching.

Could see some players released ( as Ffrench was ) due to performance issues. Didn't specifically see anyone giving up as the game progressed but Cornelius sure looked like a beat down player.

Elks might explore a trade during the bye but where would they get the best bang in a trade deal? Good OL are not immediately jumping out as available in trade.

Bombers might have a DB that is somewhat in excess of keeping on the roster and SMS. However what do the Elks have we'd want?

Elks are close to be playing for 2024. The Riders and Stamps may not be very good, but catching either and even hoping for a crossover is unlikely at the moment.

So they may let their rookies gain experience by playing. Some vets may be released if they are on 1 year deals and have high SMS impacts.

They don't have many bodies on their PR at the moment ( 5 IIRC ) and I don't think they will get anyone back from 6 game IR very soon.

Let the airlift begin.

You're right, only 5 players on their PR!  Although they're dealing with 11 players on their 6 game list right now I think that's an indication the front office is not doing it's job of continuously stocking the cupboard.  Looks like Jones has bitten off more than he can chew, the club should give him an ultimatum to give up the GM role and let Geroy take over or lose all 3 jobs in the off-season.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on July 30, 2023, 03:24:24 PM
Bye week... who do the Elks say Bye to?

Something has to change, we know Jones is not stepping down as HC/DC/GM, so...

McAdoo gets fired?  Jackson/Howell moves up?  Seems the most logical non-Jones firing.

What should happen is:

Geroy takes the GM spot over.  Jones concentrates on HC, Maxie takes DC spot.  McAdoo move still an option as well.

Ford is somehow in Jone's doghouse.  If you aren't going to play him, trade him for someone you will play.

I myself want to see Ford on the field again. He is doing nothing but rotting on the joke of an organization. Trade him where he gets to play.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue72 on July 30, 2023, 04:43:22 PM
Only guy that I would like would be Jake Ceresna 6'5 295 lbs and 29. Watching him play, he is a beast.
He would look awesome in our interior DL.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Offer them Dru Brown, it would be worth it and they might go for it, otherwise not going to happen.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 30, 2023, 05:32:04 PM
Offer them Dru Brown, it would be worth it and they might go for it, otherwise not going to happen.

No. We're one hit from potentially losing Collaros to injury. Too many QB's getting injured and we've been lucky so far.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Ceresna is one of the dirtiest players in the league and would never fit in the Bombers room...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 30, 2023, 06:12:53 PM
No. We're one hit from potentially losing Collaros to injury. Too many QB's getting injured and we've been lucky so far.

Yah, I wasn't being serious, people often think the Bombers can pick the cherries off other teams rosters and give up nothing.  It's not happening.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 30, 2023, 06:37:21 PM
Ceresna is one of the dirtiest players in the league and would never fit in the Bombers room...

But they did sign Awe for 2020, and he's contending for dirtiest player in the league this season.

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 30, 2023, 06:55:45 PM
But they did sign Awe for 2020, and he's contending for dirtiest player in the league this season.
Awe is the reigning  dirtiest player in the league and has been every year he plays

Pete

Don't forget about simoni Lawrence ,he'd be on the CFL all dirty team

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on July 30, 2023, 06:37:21 PM
So says you.

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 30, 2023, 09:50:20 PM
So says you.

Not saying he isn't a great player who makes great plays.  But he also takes a lot of penalties and plays undisciplined ball.

He is not someone who fits into this room.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN
My understanding is the #Elks could be making an announcement tomorrow regarding their coaching staff. Hearing Jarious Jackson could be taking over play calling duties.
@CFLonTSN

Dave Campbell
@Dave_CHED
I can confirm Jarious Jackson has been promoted as the #Elks offensive coordinator.  More details are coming are coming soon. #CFL

Don't know if McAdoo is being fired or demoted.

The Zipp

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 31, 2023, 03:15:06 PM
Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN
My understanding is the #Elks could be making an announcement tomorrow regarding their coaching staff. Hearing Jarious Jackson could be taking over play calling duties.
@CFLonTSN

Dave Campbell
@Dave_CHED
I can confirm Jarious Jackson has been promoted as the #Elks offensive coordinator.  More details are coming are coming soon. #CFL

Don't know if McAdoo is being fired or demoted.

not enough...

Stats Junkie

Quote from: theaardvark on July 31, 2023, 02:39:44 PM
Not saying he isn't a great player who makes great plays.  But he also takes a lot of penalties and plays undisciplined ball.

He is not someone who fits into this room.
Ceresna is in his 4th CFL season. He has a total of 12 penalties for 112 yards.

1 OC - misconduct penalty (for a somersault into an official)
1 Horse Collar
3 Roughing the Passer
1 Roughing the Kicker
1 Face Mask
5 Offside / Procedure

His penalty totals seem quite low compared to the Jeffs
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

theaardvark

Quote from: Stats Junkie on July 31, 2023, 04:06:02 PM
Ceresna is in his 4th CFL season. He has a total of 12 penalties for 112 yards.

1 OC - misconduct penalty (for a somersault into an official)
1 Horse Collar
3 Roughing the Passer
1 Roughing the Kicker
1 Face Mask
5 Offside / Procedure

His penalty totals seem quite low compared to the Jeffs

OK, we should definitely trade Dru Brown for Ceresna...

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 31, 2023, 04:20:04 PM

Stats Junkie never said that. He simply provided evidence to disprove your silly claims that Ceresna is one of the dirtiest players in the league and he wouldn't fit in here.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 31, 2023, 05:45:20 PM
Stats Junkie never said that. He simply provided evidence to disprove your silly claims that Ceresna is one of the dirtiest players in the league and he wouldn't fit in here.
This ^

There is zero evidence Ceresna would be a poor fit in any locker room. This is just made up so to be convenient to the poster.

theaardvark

The Ceresna comment was 100% based on my personal observation of his play.  I take 100% responsibility for the comment.  It Is My Humble Opinion that he is a dirty player, revels in dirty play, and pushes the edge of legal hits.  Have I been subject to a observation bias?  Who knows. 

That is my observation, and also my observation that MOS does not like that kind of player. 

I like his stats, anyone would.  And Dline who can cause chaos are generally successful.  But I have neer heard anyone mention Ceresna and Nice Guy in the same sentence. 

This is a discussion forum, and we are all allowed to have our opinions. 

blue_gold_84

Opinions not based on facts don't matter.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pete

sure they do! half the fun pf the forum is listening to opinions no matter how ill informed. If all of our posts were 100% accurate the bombers could get rid of half their coaches

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on July 31, 2023, 08:08:09 PM
The Ceresna comment was 100% based on my personal observation of his play.  I take 100% responsibility for the comment.  It Is My Humble Opinion that he is a dirty player, revels in dirty play, and pushes the edge of legal hits.  Have I been subject to a observation bias?  Who knows. 

That is my observation, and also my observation that MOS does not like that kind of player. 

I like his stats, anyone would.  And Dline who can cause chaos are generally successful.  But I have neer heard anyone mention Ceresna and Nice Guy in the same sentence. 

This is a discussion forum, and we are all allowed to have our opinions. 

Oh Aardvark. Of course the double down. Never change. Don't let the facts or football knowledge get in the way. It's amazing that every post is so consistently shot through the most extreme of home bias possible.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 31, 2023, 04:20:04 PM

Agreed, then they can trade him to Ottawa to get Piggie back.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 31, 2023, 08:08:09 PM
I like his stats, anyone would.  And Dline who can cause chaos are generally successful.  But I have neer heard anyone mention Ceresna and Nice Guy in the same sentence

Ceresna historically hasn't been particularly dirty.  This season he did one fairly "dirty" and maybe one iffy-dirty hit FWIR.  Dirty enough I think the panel was talking about it, and here and the Riderfans forum were crying "dirty".  That is where all the recent "dirty Ceresna" chatter comes from.

I think people are still sensitive from the Marino incident last season.  Maybe rightfully so.  We don't want to see elite QBs get crippled.  Maybe we all like to have one player we can single out as the "dirtiest" just to throw barbs at?  Dunno.  Historically that would be Simoni, but he's been keeping his nose a lot cleaner this season.  Maybe he's thinking about his legacy.  (Now, trading for Simoni for a playoff run if Wilson isn't 100%... that would be intriguing!)

Personally I'd be happy to give Ceresna a shot in our DL.  However, we had our chance in FA and didn't bother, so we probably couldn't afford him in any event.  Although, last-minute trades can be affordable by the virtue of only having to pay them for a quarter season.  If he didn't FI, they could easily FO him.
Never go full Rider!