Elks at Blue Bombers pre-game thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 16, 2023, 04:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.O.A.B.

IIRC, the Bombers haven't loss back-to-back meaningful game since Collaros became the starter. I think we win this one.

Lawler playing his first is a good change in the lineup. Agudosi of course will come out.

Other changes I'd like to see:

OL: Start Eli and Dobson instead of Kola and Neufeld. Kola can be the 6th OL (backup C).

Neufeld to IR. Burtenshaw (FB) can come in the lineup.

DL: Can we roster Fox instead of Walker? Start Lawson instead of Thomas.

I know it was mentioned last week that the guys coming from 6-game will be ease back into action but next week being a bye, it might better to do give them game action with week :

LB: Wilson for Cole as backup WIL? Muhammad for Darby, maybe?

DB: Parker and Rose  for Holm and Daramy-Swaray?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 17, 2023, 11:58:31 PM
IIRC, the Bombers haven't loss back-to-back meaningful game since Collaros became the starter. I think we win this one.

Lawler playing his first is a good change in the lineup. Agudosi of course will come out.

OL: Start Eli and Dobson instead of Kola and Neufeld. Kola can be the 6th OL (backup C).

I know it was mentioned last week that the guys coming from 6-game will be ease back into action but next week being a bye, it might better to do give them game action with week :

whooowa lots of changes. I like many except I?d leave Holm in for now. Swaray I am on the fence, guy made a lot of plays last week.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

I am against all of those.

Rose, Parker and Wilson when 110% ready and ease them in.  Hard no on your DL suggestions.

OL I wouldn't touch unless hurt.  That said if they struggle for a couple more games tweak it maybe.  We have seen tbis unit rebound before.

Darby out hard pass.

Quote from: Blue72 on July 17, 2023, 11:28:59 PM
The way Edm is loosing they will miss the playoffs again this year. Jones likes draft picks so maybe try a get J Ceresna DL 6'5 295, 29 years old. We need help at the DT spot.
Pass

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 18, 2023, 12:01:45 AM
whooowa lots of changes. I like many except I?d leave Holm in for now. Swaray I am on the fence, guy made a lot of plays last week.

A healthy Parker is better than Holm though. Rose is a vet so he need to be in the lineup, if he is no better then theres a decision to be made there.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 18, 2023, 12:12:44 AM
A healthy Parker is better than Holm though. Rose is a vet so he need to be in the lineup, if he is no better then theres a decision to be made there.

When ready agree.  Otherwise don't rush em. 

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 18, 2023, 12:09:37 AM
I am against all of those.

Rose, Parker and Wilson when 110% ready and ease them in.  Hard no on your DL suggestions.

OL I wouldn't touch unless hurt.  That said if they struggle for a couple more games tweak it maybe.  We have seen tbis unit rebound before.

Darby out hard pass.
Pass

How do you ease them in? They are all vets so they are not new to the plays. They need game action.

The current OL lineup has give too many sacks. You dont want to see Collaros down. Plus they havent given holes for Brady to run.

buckzumhoff

When bombers rush the qb they can't let him up the middle. Ottawa didn't. They gave no room down the middle. Winnipeg should have rushed 3 or 4 sat in their positions and made their qb throw the ball. Blitzed and didn't get to the qb. DBS did ok just gave up the run

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 18, 2023, 12:12:44 AM

Fair enough. I am all for improvement. I really like the interior lineman swaps and giving Fox a shot while more of a shot for Lawson. Walker was good in the first half. Not so much in the second half.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 18, 2023, 12:17:45 AM
How do you ease them in? They are all vets so they are not new to the plays. They need game action.

The current OL lineup has give too many sacks. You dont want to see Collaros down. Plus they havent given holes for Brady to run.
^ All makes great sense for me. Not in the business of keeping guys in because of seniority, recipe for future disaster and an injured Zach.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 18, 2023, 12:17:45 AM

They enter the line up when 100% ready and they rotate if possible but that might be difficult.  Need game action agree.

I have faith in our current OL.  Yes had some weak games and giving up sacks.

Disagree about BO.  He is having a good year minus last game.

Yes protect Zach but a player with less experience could also leave him vulnerable.  Tweak the system to protect him and give the OL a few more games imo.

kkc60

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 18, 2023, 12:57:13 AM
They enter the line up when 100% ready and they rotate if possible but that might be difficult.  Need game action agree.

Yes protect Zach but a player with less experience could also leave him venerable.  Tweak the system to protect him and give the OL a few more games imo.

the issue with our OL isn?t inexperience or coaching. It?s age. it?s an old line and age catches up to everyone eventually. sure they might be able to put a good game or two together but it?s concerning how gassed they already appear not even halfway into the season

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 18, 2023, 12:57:13 AM

Yes protect Zach but a player with less experience could also leave him venerable.  Tweak the system to protect him and give the OL a few more games imo.

Eli and Dobson are not rookies and they have experience plus they are younger. So your argument for less experience doesn't hold.

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 18, 2023, 12:01:45 AM
Agree, no way under the sun do we take out Holm, he's done nothing but fly around and make plays. He looks to be the fastest of our DB's out there when he's on the field, can't take that off the field.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on July 18, 2023, 02:19:27 AM
Agree, no way under the sun do we take out Holm, he's done nothing but fly around and make plays. He looks to be the fastest of our DB's out there when he's on the field, can't take that off the field.
Yup he seems to be in proper position nearly all the time.

Pigskin

Walker is our most productive DT. Not sure why we would pull him. He has more tackles then Lawson and Thomas combined. 6 games, 10 DTs, 2 Sacks. 

If you want to sit out someone it should be JT95 6 games, 4 DTs, 1 Sack. Lawson has only played 3 games, 2 DTs, 2 Sacks.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.