Winnipeg @ Ottawa

Started by Pigskin, July 09, 2023, 04:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Crum picked up 90 yards rushing against Hamilton, will have to contain him. Ottawa can be a very undisciplined team, can't fall into that trap. Turnovers and penalty are the only thing that can hurt us in this game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Crum also only threw for 149 yards. Try to contain him a little better but he also only scored 13 points on Hamilton that have given up 125 points in 4 games ( 31+ ) per game.

I'll take that math if they lose again.

We may see Arbuckle again on Saturday. It will be time to fish or cut bait on retaining him IMO.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on July 09, 2023, 04:42:24 PM
Crum picked up 90 yards rushing against Hamilton, will have to contain him. Ottawa can be a very undisciplined team, can't fall into that trap. Turnovers and penalty are the only thing that can hurt us in this game.

Crum had a difficult time avoiding the Ti-Cats blitz, which they did on every play once he was inserted, God help him facing the Bombers pass rush.  Hopefully Arbuckle is healthy for next weekend and he gets the start.

The Zipp

Maybe I am wrong but Saturday afternoon games seem to be rather bleh for the Bombers.  Is this a "trap" game?  I dunno but the Bombers will have to stink pretty bad to lose this one. If they keep their focus it should be over by halftime.

BBRT

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 09, 2023, 04:50:18 PM
Crum had a difficult time avoiding the Ti-Cats blitz, which they did on every play once he was inserted, God help him facing the Bombers pass rush.  Hopefully Arbuckle is healthy for next weekend and he gets the start.

Way too early to determine how well Crum will fit into the CFL game but from what I saw last night I sort of liked him. Long way to go yet in order to see if it will make any impression. If Arbuckle starts I like our chances even better.

Stretch

Quote from: The Zipp on July 09, 2023, 04:52:55 PM
Is this a "trap" game?

QB that is way down the Ottawa depth chart making his first CFL start (if it is Crum starting)? That's definitely a trap game. Hopefully we don't fall back into our nasty habit of making backup QBs look like all stars.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

bluebeard

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 09, 2023, 04:49:52 PM
Crum also only threw for 149 yards. Try to contain him a little better but he also only scored 13 points on Hamilton that have given up 125 points in 4 games ( 31+ ) per game.

I'll take that math if they lose again.

We may see Arbuckle again on Saturday. It will be time to fish or cut bait on retaining him IMO.

We should not have any problems with Ottawa... that is how bad a team they are offensively.  What ever happened with Adams at QB.  He won their last game for the RedBlacks??

Blue In BC

Quote from: bluebeard on July 09, 2023, 05:01:43 PM
We should not have any problems with Ottawa... that is how bad a team they are offensively.  What ever happened with Adams at QB.  He won their last game for the RedBlacks??

Adams got injured and went on 6 game IR and IIRC he's done for the year. Unfortunate for him and Ottawa.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bluebeard

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 09, 2023, 05:11:09 PM
Adams got injured and went on 6 game IR and IIRC he's done for the year. Unfortunate for him and Ottawa.

Thanks ... some how I missed that.

dd

I think the redblacks will start Arbuckle and see how he does and bring crum in off the bench if need be.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 09, 2023, 04:50:18 PM
Crum appeared to me to be your classic long strider runner. Not great fast twitch escape ability but fast straight line speed. Hall brings creative blitzing will be nightmares for Crum.
Arbuckle is just terrible! Cannot believe he still gets paid in this league.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

Should be easy on our defense in Ottawa. Spy Crum. Keep him in the pocket. Virtually all his success was with his legs or scrambling. Make him go through progressions and he'll look terrible.

It won't be easy on our offense in Ottawa. Their defense is legit. They are really good up front. They are solid at the back. Establishing a run game is going isn't going to be easy. We're not going for any 10 minute drives against them.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 09, 2023, 06:40:49 PM
Should be easy on our defense in Ottawa. Spy Crum. Keep him in the pocket. Virtually all his success was with his legs or scrambling. Make him go through progressions and he'll look terrible.

It won't be easy on our offense in Ottawa. Their defense is legit. They are really good up front. They are solid at the back. Establishing a run game is going isn't going to be easy. We're not going for any 10 minute drives against them.

Ottawa has scored 66 points in 4 games. Their defence is very good but TOP and field position work against them. I don't suggest taking them lightly but this a game we should clearly be able to win.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

BlueInCgy

Need to avoid the slow start this week.  Get ahead early.  It shouldn?t be a close game at all.

Stretch

Will anyone else (besides me) be at this game? Meeting up with a buddy that lives in Ottawa, we?ll be in Section V.

Never been to a game there before. Looks like a decent place.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.