Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg - July 7, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, July 06, 2023, 02:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: The Zipp on July 09, 2023, 02:01:36 AM
It's on the long drive - Sheed takes a pass and rumbles - Awe makes a pretty good tackle on him and when they are getting up it seems like Awe and him got a bit tangled and Sheed sweeps his leg up - clearly on purpose and gets him between his legs.

I was at the game and saw a Calgary player making a kicking motion and wondered what it was...that was it.  Could have been penalty if they wanted to call stuff like that... Sheed plays with an edge all the time and I love it but it can get you in trouble. 

Dunigan makes a comment about it.

8:02 in the 4th...  jus rewatched that play... he may have tried for the sack, but I don't think he got anything but butt

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 09, 2023, 02:23:39 AM
I agree Dunnigan is fun as Colour. He can get annoying as he likes to ramble but I still like him.

Dunnigan loves to read off his sheet about what college the guys went to... not really important info... but his insights into the mechanics of the game...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on July 09, 2023, 02:29:04 AM
8:02 in the 4th...  jus rewatched that play... he may have tried for the sack, but I don't think he got anything but butt

Dunnigan loves to read off his sheet about what college the guys went to... not really important info... but his insights into the mechanics of the game...
He dishes a load of respect for the Southern States. Not so much northern states. He is from there is why. It does not bother me though.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Big Daddy on July 09, 2023, 02:09:54 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to call you out, but I guess I am doing just that.

What are you talking about?!

I would way rather hear Matty talk the entire game without someone even calling the game, than hear most of the others on TSN.

Matt Dunigan is the best thing to happen to TSN football. 

I'm also waiting for Road Grill to be renewed - greatest bbq show (or even food show) ever.
He is fine agree

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

blue_gold_84

A shaky start at home but they really turned things around late in the second half and then never really looked back.

Defense played great for the most part. I'm surprised how meh the offense was outside of McCrae's performance but the Stampeders' defense looks to be pretty stout.

Any figure on attendance?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 10, 2023, 01:13:30 PM
A shaky start at home but they really turned things around late in the second half and then never really looked back.

Defense played great for the most part. I'm surprised how meh the offense was outside of McCrae's performance but the Stampeders' defense looks to be pretty stout.

Any figure on attendance?

30,800 or so.

TecnoGenius

First time Lu has been the IGF commentator?
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

TecnoGenius

Interesting... the V formation Awe antics: ref blows the play dead when Awe comes across, NOT when Zach takes his knee.  in fact, Zach never does take the knee on first down!  Same with second, the play is blown nearly immediately.  Zach does take a knee but it's a few secs after the whistle.

So the refs are already implementing their own sort of "can't cheat" procedure to force teams to stick with the magic 44s number, and prevent players from rushing the QB.  I wonder if this is just this ref, or if this is a CFL-wide thing.

And the magic number was 44s, because we started with 48s and Zach needed to dance and chuck the ball into the stands with about 4s left.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

theaardvark

It was a 2 score game, no need for this tomfoolery with the pauses while victory formation.  Run it down to 10 seconds and punt... can't score 2 scores in 4 seconds...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

That kind of dust up happens a couple times every year. Collaros needs to put his knee on the ground. A play is play. Sure, there's probably a bit of a code but players can play until the whistle if they want. I don't see what is wrong with that. All he did was try to get to Collaros who was standing there not quite kneeling.