Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg - July 7, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, July 06, 2023, 02:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Short week but the Bombers should be ready to start a new series of home wins for their fans. 

Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer can be read at https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/07/05/48-hour-primer-cgy-vs-wpg-7/

Also here is a great piece on Greg McCrae AKA Nighthawk! https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/07/04/hes-an-awesome-football-player/

The Blue Bomber Tailgate prior to the game will again feature $5.00 beers, $3.50 hot dogs and $3.50 soft drinks.

In for the Bombers: 39 Exume, 43 Beeksma

Out for the Bombers: 44 Gauthier, 87 Murphy

Weather forecast - Mainly sunny, High 22 degrees, Wind N at 20 km/h.

Nik Demski returns to the line up.  Overall line up looks solid.

Game Preview with depth chart is here https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/07/06/game-preview-cgy-vs-wpg-7/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Calgary depth chart is here https://twitter.com/FarhanLaljiTSN/status/1676966794106642438/photo/1
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2023, 04:08:31 PM
Would BA37 move to SAM and KE39 move to FS?

Hallett would be next up at FS but I don't think they'd move Alexander up to SAM. He could play it but he gets a better view to keep everyone where they need to be at FS. Exume has only had a couple of practices so he will only see the field on ST's and for mop up role.

Cole is very fast and hard hitting so he might be considered as a back up at SAM. Not really sure. You really need a DB hybrid and he may not be capable as that.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

Kickoff: Friday, 7:30 p.m., IG Field, Winnipeg

TV: TSN, RDS;
U.S. and International: live streaming

Radio: 680 CJOB

Last meeting: August 25, 2022 at Winnipeg - Blue Bombers 31 Stampeders 29

PlayNow odds: The Blue Bombers are favoured by eight points.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 06, 2023, 04:18:23 PM
Hallett would be next up at FS but I don't think they'd move Alexander up to SAM. He could play it but he gets a better view to keep everyone where they need to be at FS. Exume has only had a couple of practices so he will only see the field on ST's and for mop up role.

Cole is very fast and hard hitting so he might be considered as a back up at SAM. Not really sure. You really need a DB hybrid and he may not be capable as that.

Exume is here for ST work, I doubt we see him play any DB position this season unless the Bombers promised him reps. before bringing him in.  He seems more athletic than Hallett but might not have a good enough understanding of the playbook to play Safety.  Remember Derek Jones?  He was on the roster for 5-6 years and never played more than a few games at DB in relief.  Some Natl. players just never progress beyond being secondary players.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Could really use Gauthier against Calgary, Carey is out but Mills and Logan are still a powerful combo. and can take a lot of energy to contain.  Biggie might need some help, but other than Briggs and Mauro, there's nobody else to step in.

gobombersgo

markonfootball   @Markonfootball
ROSTER ANALYSIS:  Quite the shake up in the Stampeders receiver group! Reggie Begelton is back, Marken Michel and Floyd Allen have been added.  However, two stalwarts, Malik Henry and Peyton Logan go to the six-game list.  Change on the offensive line as Bryce Bell move to LT

Add: Receivers: Michel, Allen, Begelton
Defensive backs: Statz, Charles
Running Back: Bellamy
Offensive line: Thornton, Campbell
Linebacker: Wall

Remove from Roster:
To 6-Game: Malik Henry, Peyton Logan
To 1-Game: Luther Hakunavanhu, Caleb Benenoch, Cole Tucker
To Practice Roster: Natrell Jamerson, Tae Daley, Perry Young, Dante Demery

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 06, 2023, 05:06:36 PM
Exume is here for ST work, I doubt we see him play any DB position this season unless the Bombers promised him reps. before bringing him in.  He seems more athletic than Hallett but might not have a good enough understanding of the playbook to play Safety.  Remember Derek Jones?  He was on the roster for 5-6 years and never played more than a few games at DB in relief.  Some Natl. players just never progress beyond being secondary players.

That's what we're talking about, him playing in the secondary...

(see what I did there?  ;D)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 06, 2023, 05:33:38 PM
markonfootball   @Markonfootball
ROSTER ANALYSIS:  Quite the shake up in the Stampeders receiver group! Reggie Begelton is back, Marken Michel and Floyd Allen have been added.  However, two stalwarts, Malik Henry and Peyton Logan go to the six-game list.  Change on the offensive line as Bryce Bell move to LT

Add: Receivers: Michel, Allen, Begelton
Defensive backs: Statz, Charles
Running Back: Bellamy
Offensive line: Thornton, Campbell
Linebacker: Wall

Remove from Roster:
To 6-Game: Malik Henry, Peyton Logan
To 1-Game: Luther Hakunavanhu, Caleb Benenoch, Cole Tucker
To Practice Roster: Natrell Jamerson, Tae Daley, Perry Young, Dante Demery

Begelton and Michel are good adds, but losing Henry, Logan and Hakunavanhu aren't going to help Maier's cause...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

I'm excited for another home game.  Weather looks just fine as well.  We will crush them by 14.

3rdand1.5

Taking a client from Toronto to the game tomorrow, let's hope I can have post-game drinks to celebrate a Bomber win, and not only discuss how a stadium FULL of fans here feels but to celebrate a win.

If our lines play like they did last week we should be just fine and walk away with a win...

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 06, 2023, 06:42:06 PM
Most of our LBs will get reps likely.

Could also throw Beeksma into the fire, he has the size, 6'-2 220 lbs..

theaardvark

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on July 06, 2023, 07:09:23 PM
Taking a client from Toronto to the game tomorrow, let's hope I can have post-game drinks to celebrate a Bomber win, and not only discuss how a stadium FULL of fans here feels but to celebrate a win.

If our lines play like they did last week we should be just fine and walk away with a win...

Did you get Pinnacle seats?  Then you can have a drink and free appies with a room full of Bomber fans after...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on July 06, 2023, 04:14:03 PM
Big hill; Clements might move  to mlb with cole to outside

Biggie is way too slow now to play SAM.  If Darby gets nicked, why not put the most-SAM-capable IMP DB at SAM (doesn't matter which), shuffle the DB field around and have Hallett play FS.  Hallett is a shoe-in for next-man-up IMHO.

No one has told me what the (62) after Fatboi's name means yet...

Why do we continue to play Houston on the weak side when previous years he was mostly strong side?  Why do we want our best/vets clogging up the weak side?  Basically forces teams to pass only to the strong side, just begging them to pick on the newer guys.  Why not Nichols on one side, Houston on the other where the vets can help out the newer guys??  I've gotta believe this is on purpose, but I'm not entirely convinced it's optimal.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

So BinBC was right and Beeksma slots right in.  Forgive me if I should know these things, but what has Beeksma done for us?  Where did we get him?  Did he play PS?  How did he look?

Still strikes me as a strange choice for that last spot, especially since Briggs can play MIKE.

P.S. We forgot to label Grant as DA on the tweeted chart.  (Though we did label as a DNA.)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

The CGY depth chart shows a team in early-season panic rebuild mode.  This isn't just injury shuffling.

CGY recognizes they are in deep doodoo and won't be winning many games.  Drastic measures are required.  Dickenson The Greater must be spittin' vitriol overtime in the locker room.  The vets must be demoralized.

With so many changes, I would expect CGY to be even uglier than in their previous games.

Interestingly, CGY is also listing numbers for DL that can play OL.  Maybe the CFL made a new rule / suggestion?  There was that game earlier this season where a DL did have to play OL (HAM?).  I think they did the inside-out-jersey trick then.  Maybe the league wants to force teams to print a OL jersey for those backup OL/DL players?
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 06, 2023, 09:17:16 PM
So BinBC was right and Beeksma slots right in.  Forgive me if I should know these things, but what has Beeksma done for us?  Where did we get him?  Did he play PS?  How did he look?

Still strikes me as a strange choice for that last spot, especially since Briggs can play MIKE.

P.S. We forgot to label Grant as DA on the tweeted chart.  (Though we did label as a DNA.)

We signed Beeksma as a free agent about the same time we signed Exume. He's played a few CFL games but is relatively inexperienced as far as game time. However, he has been in TC's and PR's.

Calgary is making 9 changes to their roster. Some are due to injury status coming and going. Others appear to not fall into that category. In particular they've lost most receivers that started the year. I don't know who their player is that will be moving to LT. I do have a few words for him: Jackson & Willie show. That and DUCK!!

Thomas may have been assigned an OL number but he won't see action on the OL. We have 2 back up Canadian OL active.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 06, 2023, 09:38:03 PM
Does anyone know which transit bus number takes the rapid transit from Pembina through Osborne station and finishes downtown?
60? The blue line?
Carol didn?t really know.

Thanks ahead of time.

BLUE
University of Manitoba

has to say University if you are coming from downtown, not St Norbert.

https://winnipegtransit.com/routes/BLUE
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Waffler on July 06, 2023, 10:41:29 PM
BLUE
University of Manitoba

has to say University if you are coming from downtown, not St Norbert.

https://winnipegtransit.com/routes/BLUE

BLUE ok not coming from downtown. The question is I?m heading to Osborne or Downtown after the game. BLUE bus is rapid way there, yes?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Waffler

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 06, 2023, 10:44:06 PM
BLUE ok not coming from downtown. The question is I?m heading to Osborne or Downtown after the game. BLUE bus is rapid way there, yes?

Yes, going the opposite way it is called Blue Downtown.

Stop 60103
Northbound University at Chancellor Matheson

Not sure where you want to get off exactly though. 60 might be better. There is little time difference actually, maybe 5 or 10 minutes per trip. Rapid is a misnomer.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

The Zipp

Seems like a perfect night for football - wind out of the north at 20...temp around 17-20...not too hot and humid.

Let's go!!

Blue In BC

Time for the Bombers to give another win to the hometown folks.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 07, 2023, 03:27:38 PM
Seems like a perfect night for football - wind out of the north at 20...temp around 17-20...not too hot and humid.

Let's go!!
Yes! yes! The GOLD MEMBER will be on hand with bells on with his body guard Virgil. ;)

The Zipp

From Bauming:

Dakota Prukop will be the only QB dressed tonight behind Zach Collaros. #Bombers No. 2 Dry Brown has been away from the team this past week for non-injury related reasons.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 07, 2023, 06:30:45 PM
From Bauming:

Dakota Prukop will be the only QB dressed tonight behind Zach Collaros. #Bombers No. 2 Dry Brown has been away from the team this past week for non-injury related reasons.
I think we have enough on these non injury related absences. Wholey tamoley

kkc60

Quote from: The Zipp on July 07, 2023, 06:30:45 PM
From Bauming:

aaaaand now we see why keeping a 4th QB on the PR is helpful

LXTSN

Wild conspiracy theory here, but is it possible that Dru Brown has requested a trade and is sitting out of practices?
I know there are other things with simpler explainations that could cause this DNP but I just wonder if getting the short yardage job taken away caused him to demand a trade?
I give it a 5% chance lol

bwiser

Quote from: LXTSN on July 07, 2023, 06:42:22 PM
Wild conspiracy theory here, but is it possible that Dru Brown has requested a trade and is sitting out of practices?
I know there are other things with simpler explainations that could cause this DNP but I just wonder if getting the short yardage job taken away caused him to demand a trade?
More than likely it is either an illness of a close relative or his partner may be having a baby.

theaardvark

The idea of a CFL backup QB demanding a trade and sitting out because of that is kinda funny.

If he wasn't 100% on board, he'd have been cut and Piggy kept.  Signing Prukop didn't change anything, this returns us to the QB room we had last year, and their roles are exactly the same.

Quote from: kkc60 on July 07, 2023, 06:34:09 PM
aaaaand now we see why keeping a 4th QB on the PR is helpful

Keeping a QB on the PR is not impossible, but not many QB's worth keeping around will stay for PR money.  Yes, you can pay a PR player whatever you want, but you only have so much $SMS. 

Quote from: bwiser on July 07, 2023, 06:50:05 PM
More than likely it is either an illness of a close relative or his partner may be having a baby.

Could be anything, not being on the suspended list means it isn't a legal or immigration issue, most likely a personal issue or even illness.  People still get COVID, and I'm not sure they'd reveal something like that if that is the issue.  If it is a close family member illness/death, we know the team's thoughts about "family first".

TecnoGenius

I'm pretty sure every QB wants to be the #2 "next man up" rather than the #3 "just the SY guy".  I doubt Brown mourns the loss of SY duty.  I'm sure Brown will be back shortly, and still be #2.  It's at the end of this season that Brown will have a big question mark over his head.

See also: Locksley in EDM, who "quit" the day after the "pouting" game.  He thought he was the #2 and got his delicates in a wad when they bypassed him for Doege-coin.  He wasn't mad about losing the SY duty, he was mad at going from #2 to #4.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

If that were the case, I'm sure there would be at least a rumour of it somewhere out there.

I think Occam's Razor applies here: it's a personal issue.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: bwiser on July 07, 2023, 06:50:05 PM

Exactly.  Give the guy the time he needs - I am sure it is important

ModAdmin

From Darren Cameron, Blue Bombers:

Please note the following lineup change for tonight's game:

Quarterback Dru Brown (#6) will remain on the roster but is scratched from tonight's lineup and will not dress.

LXTSN

Fine... We'll keep it simple and assume it's a family matter or something.
Hopefully all is okay with his family

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 07, 2023, 06:33:44 PM
I think we have enough on these non injury related absences. Wholey tamoley

Seriously tho, what's happening, lol.
My wife is amazing!

ModAdmin

It's really non of our business.  It's not football related. He remains on the roster. End of story. 

GOLDMEMBER

theaardvark

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 07, 2023, 07:37:48 PM
From Darren Cameron, Blue Bombers:

Please note the following lineup change for tonight's game:

Quarterback Dru Brown (#6) will remain on the roster but is scratched from tonight's lineup and will not dress.

So, second week in a row we dress less than the full roster...

OK...

gobombersgo

Quote from: theaardvark on July 07, 2023, 08:03:43 PM

OK...

Well, official roster size is 44. Teams can elect to dress an extra National or Global player as a 45th player. The Bombers have been doing that by dressing a second Global player.

So, the team isn't dressing less than a full roster. They will still have 44 on the field (and rostering 45.)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 07, 2023, 08:03:43 PM

Normally I'd be irate, but from an odds point of view we really don't need a 3rd QB.  We played a whole season without one.  I like having a 3rd QB, but for one game it's not a big deal.  (knock wood)
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

The Zipp

O line looking weak

Punter may not be able to handle the prairie winds

Bomber Diehard

Tee42

Tee42

TSN turning point. 
We have always been a second half team. Good game so far.

The Zipp

Run the ball with BO

Keep the pressure on Maier

O line give Zach some time

We win the second half

Tehedra

3rd quarter PI call was pretty weak, lucked out for those seven points

famicommander

I love not being terrified every time we line up for a field goal or extra point.

dd

You are not alone on that one!! Night and day difference this year

Pigskin

Terrible run D in the 1st. half. Very good D after that. OL had a tough 1st. half. O, looked very good on that 10 minute drive in the 4th. quarter.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Mills is a very good runningback, he?s going to break the odd play, just like he did in the first half. Pretty tough to hold him to nothing all night long

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on July 08, 2023, 03:58:00 AM
Mills is a very good runningback, he?s going to break the odd play, just like he did in the first half. Pretty tough to hold him to nothing all night long

Mills is a very good RB but he can't do it all on his own, if Calgary was smart, they would dress all 3 of their RB's once healthy and just keep rotating them in until the other team is worn out, guarantee they would show better than 1-3.

ModAdmin

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Pigskin on July 08, 2023, 03:40:38 AM
Terrible run D in the 1st. half. Very good D after that. OL had a tough 1st. half. O, looked very good on that 10 minute drive in the 4th. quarter.
Its not how you start it's how you finish and the Bombers dominated the LOS on that 9 yard drive from deep in their end....was hoping Brady could have punched one in however we took the points and still won the game.    Definitely a tale of two halves!
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

McCrae won't be coming off the roster any time soon even if that means he becomes a DI when Lawler joins the team.

Slow start but the Bombers made the needed adjustments as the game progressed. Essentially shut down everything the Stamps had.

Hopefully Grant isn't nicked too bad.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Abu had another good game. Lots of players had very good games. Didn't really notice anybody having a bad game. We made a few more mistakes than I'd like ( penalties, missed blocks ) but overall nothing that hurt us too much in the grand scheme of things.

Fans in the stands were made happy. The game was entertaining even when it was low scoring and we were behind.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2023, 02:05:52 PM
McCrae won't be coming off the roster any time soon even if that means he becomes a DI when Lawler joins the team.

Slow start but the Bombers made the needed adjustments as the game progressed. Essentially shut down everything the Stamps had.

Hopefully Grant isn't nicked too bad.
If Grant is out for any length of time I think McCrae will take Grants spot as returner and Agulosi will take McCrae's receiver spot. This way the Bombers could still use McCrae in certain situations.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: bwiser on July 08, 2023, 04:57:43 PM
If Grant is out for any length of time I think McCrae will take Grants spot as returner and Agulosi will take McCrae's receiver spot. This way the Bombers could still use McCrae in certain situations.
Might work but we will see if McCrae is durable enough for that role.  Losing Grant would really hurt.

bwiser

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 08, 2023, 03:24:30 PM
Abu had another good game. Lots of players had very good games. Didn't really notice anybody having a bad game. We made a few more mistakes than I'd like ( penalties, missed blocks ) but overall nothing that hurt us too much in the grand scheme of things.

Fans in the stands were made happy. The game was entertaining even when it was low scoring and we were behind.
I think I counted two passes thrown against ADS. He showed again that he is going to be difficult to take out of the lineup when Parker and Rose are ready to return. I am not sure if we are better off sticking with the guys we have in there now.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: bwiser on July 08, 2023, 07:18:06 PM
I think I counted two passes thrown against ADS. He showed again that he is going to be difficult to take out of the lineup when Parker and Rose are ready to return. I am not sure if we are better off sticking with the guys we have in there now.

We should just release Rose when he's healthy. He was done last year. Younger, better and cheaper is on the roster.

elder

I?m concerned about the hits on Zach thus far this season.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 08, 2023, 08:12:31 PM
We should just release Rose when he's healthy. He was done last year. Younger, better and cheaper is on the roster.
Our current lineup showing great promise but having Rose is still an asset if healthy and hasn't lost a step.  Time will tell.  Sure nice spot to be!

TecnoGenius

Rewatching: the fumble not-fumble on CGY ST that was overturned was a "down by helmet" hehe.  No other part touched except for the helmet.  Too bad there wasn't a Bomber under his head.

P.S. When Kroeker announces the overturn, that's the first time I've ever heard feedback on the IGF PA system.  Happened a couple more times, too.  IGF audio wiz needs to clear that up.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Watch for the part where Sheed kicks Awe in the groin.  It's on the long drive.  I think that is what sets Awe off for the rest of the game (and getting absolutely marched on)

Blue In BC

Not a great concern but Demski didn't have many touches or overall output. I'm not sure if the Stamps game planned to take him out of being a target more often with their coverage schemes.

There might have been some decision by the Bombers to use him more as a decoy this game or a combination of both.

Our offence has too many weapons and regardless of which player an opponent defence schemes, it opens up the other players.

All of this before Lawler makes the game day roster.

We're still near the top of points scored per game, even after blowing a tire against the Lions. Argos are the current leaders for points per game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 08, 2023, 10:18:14 PM
Watch for the part where Sheed kicks Awe in the groin.  It's on the long drive.  I think that is what sets Awe off for the rest of the game (and getting absolutely marched on)
well  :D that is fair game then.

Pigskin

Nice to see Hansen running up and down the side lines yesterday. Looks like he put on a little muscle.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on July 08, 2023, 10:49:25 PM
Nice to see Hansen running up and down the side lines yesterday. Looks like he put on a little muscle.
Man he sure would be handy to have back!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on July 08, 2023, 10:49:25 PM

That might suggest he'll be candidate to return to practice next week and come off IR the following week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 09, 2023, 12:17:09 AM
That might suggest he'll be candidate to return to practice next week and come off IR the following week.
Would have a big impact

Big Daddy

Quote from: The Zipp on July 08, 2023, 10:18:14 PM

Can you be more specific?  When did this occur?  I'd like to check on the pvr.

The Zipp

Quote from: Big Daddy on July 09, 2023, 01:47:44 AM
Can you be more specific?  When did this occur?  I'd like to check on the pvr.

It's on the long drive - Sheed takes a pass and rumbles - Awe makes a pretty good tackle on him and when they are getting up it seems like Awe and him got a bit tangled and Sheed sweeps his leg up - clearly on purpose and gets him between his legs.

I was at the game and saw a Calgary player making a kicking motion and wondered what it was...that was it.  Could have been penalty if they wanted to call stuff like that... Sheed plays with an edge all the time and I love it but it can get you in trouble. 

Dunigan makes a comment about it.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 09, 2023, 02:01:36 AM
It's on the long drive - Sheed takes a pass and rumbles - Awe makes a pretty good tackle on him and when they are getting up it seems like Awe and him got a bit tangled and Sheed sweeps his leg up - clearly on purpose and gets him between his legs.

I was at the game and saw a Calgary player making a kicking motion and wondered what it was...that was it.  Could have been penalty if they wanted to call stuff like that... Sheed plays with an edge all the time and I love it but it can get you in trouble. 

Sheed is gonna Sheed. Short fuse on that one.

Big Daddy

Thank you for clarifying - just rewatching that drive and I did see what you meant.  I assumed Awe had to have been doing something to warrant Bailey kicking like that (going at the eyes like a lineman, or talking trash/spitting) but Awe didn't seem all that phased by it.  Clearly didn't hit him in the nads as he didn't go down or even protest in the least.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Bomber Diehard on July 08, 2023, 01:06:24 AM
I really wish Dunnigan would not talk so much.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to call you out, but I guess I am doing just that.

What are you talking about?!

I would way rather hear Matty talk the entire game without someone even calling the game, than hear most of the others on TSN.

Matt Dunigan is the best thing to happen to TSN football. 

I'm also waiting for Road Grill to be renewed - greatest bbq show (or even food show) ever.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Big Daddy on July 09, 2023, 02:09:54 AM

I would way rather hear Matty talk the entire game without someone even calling the game, than hear most of the others on TSN.

I'm also waiting for Road Grill to be renewed - greatest bbq show (or even food show) ever.
I agree Dunnigan is fun as Colour. He can get annoying as he likes to ramble but I still like him.

theaardvark

8:02 in the 4th...  jus rewatched that play... he may have tried for the sack, but I don't think he got anything but butt

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 09, 2023, 02:23:39 AM
I agree Dunnigan is fun as Colour. He can get annoying as he likes to ramble but I still like him.

Dunnigan loves to read off his sheet about what college the guys went to... not really important info... but his insights into the mechanics of the game...

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on July 09, 2023, 02:29:04 AM
8:02 in the 4th...  jus rewatched that play... he may have tried for the sack, but I don't think he got anything but butt

Dunnigan loves to read off his sheet about what college the guys went to... not really important info... but his insights into the mechanics of the game...
He dishes a load of respect for the Southern States. Not so much northern states. He is from there is why. It does not bother me though.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Big Daddy on July 09, 2023, 02:09:54 AM

He is fine agree

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

blue_gold_84

A shaky start at home but they really turned things around late in the second half and then never really looked back.

Defense played great for the most part. I'm surprised how meh the offense was outside of McCrae's performance but the Stampeders' defense looks to be pretty stout.

Any figure on attendance?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 10, 2023, 01:13:30 PM
A shaky start at home but they really turned things around late in the second half and then never really looked back.

Defense played great for the most part. I'm surprised how meh the offense was outside of McCrae's performance but the Stampeders' defense looks to be pretty stout.

Any figure on attendance?

30,800 or so.

TecnoGenius

First time Lu has been the IGF commentator?
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

TecnoGenius

Interesting... the V formation Awe antics: ref blows the play dead when Awe comes across, NOT when Zach takes his knee.  in fact, Zach never does take the knee on first down!  Same with second, the play is blown nearly immediately.  Zach does take a knee but it's a few secs after the whistle.

So the refs are already implementing their own sort of "can't cheat" procedure to force teams to stick with the magic 44s number, and prevent players from rushing the QB.  I wonder if this is just this ref, or if this is a CFL-wide thing.

And the magic number was 44s, because we started with 48s and Zach needed to dance and chuck the ball into the stands with about 4s left.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

theaardvark

It was a 2 score game, no need for this tomfoolery with the pauses while victory formation.  Run it down to 10 seconds and punt... can't score 2 scores in 4 seconds...

Sir Blue and Gold

That kind of dust up happens a couple times every year. Collaros needs to put his knee on the ground. A play is play. Sure, there's probably a bit of a code but players can play until the whistle if they want. I don't see what is wrong with that. All he did was try to get to Collaros who was standing there not quite kneeling.