Blue Bombers Transactions - July 4, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, July 04, 2023, 03:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 05, 2023, 05:00:18 AM
Demski never went to the 1 game. He remained on the game day roster and the Bombers only fielded 44 players.

I've wondered this in the past.  I've seen teams (maybe including us?) just insert X player from the PR in the game at the last second, even possibly for away games.  I've mentioned it before as it miffed me a bit that a team could just insert whomever without notifying the opponent officially in some manner.

Because of that, I'm not positive we only put 44 on the field.  Maybe we snuck some backup guy in there.  It's kind of a big disadvantage to be short even 1 guy.  Even more so when surely Demski must have told them the odds of him being out.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 05, 2023, 03:22:34 AM
Cole was also moved back to PR and I'm not sure why that was done unless they want Agudosi as an extra receiver instead of a LB as a DI. That might make sense if Gauthier wasn't nicked and possibly be going to IR.  That might mean Beeksma moves to game day roster and somewhat fills a LB ST role?

Wouldn't we be more inclined to put the already-good, already-acclimatized, already-WPG-savy Exume?  Sure, it leaves us short on LB.  Sure we won't really need DB help against can't-throw CGY.  Sure they run a heck of a lot making a LB more important...

But putting in no-reps noob Beeksma right away?  Don't we have any other LB depth?  Funny, as we used to have a zillion NAT LBers on PR in prior years.

Maybe it's time for Cadwall to step up and get a lot of meaningful game-time D reps.

As for Agudosi vs McCrae... we usually would pick one and not waste a DI on WR/SB, unless it really suits the opponent.  You gotta believe the focus for us vs CGY will be on run stop D and a potent O.  As such, maybe we do roster both guys?  What do we need more vs CGY DBs, height or speed?  Dunno!   ???  Has McCrae been here 3 years yet?  If so, we could be creative with him as the DNA.
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 05, 2023, 06:18:25 AM
Wouldn't we be more inclined to put the already-good, already-acclimatized, already-WPG-savy Exume?  Sure, it leaves us short on LB.  Sure we won't really need DB help against can't-throw CGY.  Sure they run a heck of a lot making a LB more important...

But putting in no-reps noob Beeksma right away?  Don't we have any other LB depth?  Funny, as we used to have a zillion NAT LBers on PR in prior years.

Maybe it's time for Cadwall to step up and get a lot of meaningful game-time D reps.

Exume is already in AR (per CFL.ca) he will play and I'm guessing he will replace Kramdi (IR) to backup Darby.

Cole is still on AR. Nothing on per CFL.ca transaction page (yet) says that he was moved back to PR. I would think he will stay there for this week since Gauthier seems to be going to IR. Briggs did see a lot of snaps rotating with Biggie on practice yesterday per DT.

Beeksma will draw in I think as the 20th Canadian and play on ST.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 05, 2023, 06:18:25 AM
As for Agudosi vs McCrae... we usually would pick one and not waste a DI on WR/SB, unless it really suits the opponent.  You gotta believe the focus for us vs CGY will be on run stop D and a potent O.  As such, maybe we do roster both guys?  What do we need more vs CGY DBs, height or speed?  Dunno!   ???  Has McCrae been here 3 years yet?  If so, we could be creative with him as the DNA.

I would think McCrae stays and Agudosi stays in IR. Technically, Grant is the backup American receiver and we do see him on some plays in O. So I dont think we will see both of McCrae and Agudosi on the lineup unless they are both starting (in case of injury).

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 05, 2023, 12:08:57 PM
Exume is already in AR (per CFL.ca) he will play and I'm guessing he will replace Kramdi (IR) to backup Darby.

Cole is still on AR. Nothing on per CFL.ca transaction page (yet) says that he was moved back to PR. I would think he will stay there for this week since Gauthier seems to be going to IR. Briggs did see a lot of snaps rotating with Biggie on practice yesterday per DT.

Beeksma will draw in I think as the 20th Canadian and play on ST.

I would think McCrae stays and Agudosi stays in IR. Technically, Grant is the backup American receiver and we do see him on some plays in O. So I dont think we will see both of McCrae and Agudosi on the lineup unless they are both starting (in case of injury).

Cole played last week and I don't think we saw a transaction adding him. To that end, I suspect he plays this week. He took Jackson's spot from a ratio point of view.

Exume plays for Kramdi but my question is how injured is he? 1 game or 6 game since that transaction hasn't happened.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 05, 2023, 12:59:55 PM
Cole played last week and I don't think we saw a transaction adding him. To that end, I suspect he plays this week. He took Jackson's spot from a ratio point of view.

Exume plays for Kramdi but my question is how injured is he? 1 game or 6 game since that transaction hasn't happened.

2023-07-01   WPG   KRAMDI, Redha   LB   N   Montreal   Transfer To   Injured
2023-07-01   WPG   COLE, Brian   LB   A   Mississippi State   Add To   Active Roster
2023-07-01   WPG   COLE, Brian   LB   A   Mississippi State   Remove Signed   Free Agent

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=54671.msg1599231#msg1599231

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 05, 2023, 05:22:11 AM
I've wondered this in the past.  I've seen teams (maybe including us?) just insert X player from the PR in the game at the last second, even possibly for away games.  I've mentioned it before as it miffed me a bit that a team could just insert whomever without notifying the opponent officially in some manner.

Because of that, I'm not positive we only put 44 on the field.  Maybe we snuck some backup guy in there.  It's kind of a big disadvantage to be short even 1 guy.  Even more so when surely Demski must have told them the odds of him being out.

I guarantee you the Bombers only dressed 44 players. The team might have been hoping Kramdi could play but he was placed on the 1 game. The only option they had for a 45th player was Schmekel and he was probably back in Winnipeg.

Teams do notify the opposition when last minute hour changes are made.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 05, 2023, 01:09:27 PM
2023-07-01   WPG   KRAMDI, Redha   LB   N   Montreal   Transfer To   Injured
2023-07-01   WPG   COLE, Brian   LB   A   Mississippi State   Add To   Active Roster
2023-07-01   WPG   COLE, Brian   LB   A   Mississippi State   Remove Signed   Free Agent

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=54671.msg1599231#msg1599231

I missed those transactions even though we knew what was happening on game day.

The overall point is that the roster and transactions don't match in any real sense. Kramdi still shows on the AR and Cole shows on the PR. In theory Agudosi and Demski were moved to 1 game IR but no transactions and both still show on the roster.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 05, 2023, 02:24:46 PM
I missed those transactions even though we knew what was happening on game day.

The overall point is that the roster and transactions don't match in any real sense. Kramdi still shows on the AR and Cole shows on the PR. In theory Agudosi and Demski were moved to 1 game IR but no transactions and both still show on the roster.

The team roster page has been inaccurate and unreliable for quite a while.  I do checked the CFL.ca transaction page every afternoon for roster changes.
gobombersgo do a good monitoring on it on this forum though.
And Demski was never placed to IR since he was still in the last game's depth chart.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 05, 2023, 02:44:46 PM
The team roster page has been inaccurate and unreliable for quite a while.  I do checked the CFL.ca transaction page every afternoon for roster changes.
gobombersgo do a good monitoring on it on this forum though.
And Demski was never placed to IR since he was still in the last game's depth chart.

Doesn't seem that consequential but Bombers sloppy roster management is messing with the agreement they made with their gaming partners to be open, honest and clear regarding player injuries and game status.  Not hard to imagine there were a few people not tuned into his situation that saw Demski listed on the depth chart, assumed he was playing and put money down on his number.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 05, 2023, 04:57:30 PM
Doesn't seem that consequential but Bombers sloppy roster management is messing with the agreement they made with their gaming partners to be open, honest and clear regarding player injuries and game status.  Not hard to imagine there were a few people not tuned into his situation that saw Demski listed on the depth chart, assumed he was playing and put money down on his number.

I originally have him on my fantasy, then I took him off when they said he will be GTD because of the baby-watch. Not coincidence why McCrae is also in the lineup. I dont think the Bombers are not being dishonest there.

It's up to the bettor to see and take the risk.

Horseman

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on July 05, 2023, 10:17:43 PM
Sask already picked up Szott.

Haha, that didn't take long.  Our evil enemies doing the ol' intel gathering?  Ya, I know, only the tinfoils believe that.

In any event, not a bad pickup for SSK, they could use more NAT OL depth.  He doesn't strike me as a complete bust.  We just had better already.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 06, 2023, 05:03:39 AM
Haha, that didn't take long.  Our evil enemies doing the ol' intel gathering?  Ya, I know, only the tinfoils believe that.

In any event, not a bad pickup for SSK, they could use more NAT OL depth.  He doesn't strike me as a complete bust.  We just had better already.

Considering he's now on to his 4th CFL team as a Canadian offensive lineman, he's likely a bust.

Blue In BC

It's not a bad problem, but I don't know where we'll fit in some players that might be coming off IR after game 6. Wilson, Rose, Miller and Burtenshaw are the ones that could be eligible to start practising this week. IIRC, I've heard Rose and Wilson are close so they might start with light practice. Not sure about the other 2.

Kramdi might be ready this week but our next two opponents are not the top tier teams, so we might just leave him there a while longer. I'm just not clear on who the back up at SAM is at the moment.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

I don't see Wilson as being avail soon, he's started running but it likely takes a while to be in game shape
Only need to see what happened to Masoli