BC @ TOR July 3 GDT

Started by TecnoGenius, July 03, 2023, 05:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

VA duck duck duck duck
No goose

Quote from: The Zipp on July 03, 2023, 02:35:33 PM
I swear cfl schedule makers and approvers have no sense on what fans want.  This Canada day schedule was botched big time. 

Gittens is a great receiver and will make the Argos better.  All aboard the Chad Kelly hype train...aaaaargooos!!
I like the game each day.  League trying something new.  Have to see what the TV numbers are.

Quote from: Pete on July 04, 2023, 12:56:46 AM
Mcmanis is a beast
One of best players in the league

How many ducks could a VA chuck if a VA could chuck wood?

Kelly looks fantastic and can run but needs to protect himself.  Can't take too many licks.  Future star in the making.

theaardvark

Sixth pick is a pick six...

Ouch.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: theaardvark on July 04, 2023, 02:04:03 AM
Sixth pick is a pick six...

Ouch.

Why leave him in even after 3.  Like duck hunt out there.

Sir Blue and Gold

The familiar Vernon Adams showed up tonight.

Pete

not sure i can remember where a qb threw so many impactful interceptions, To me Adams has shown weaknesses in the past in his decision making. When he's on he is great but he can be prone to some big mistakes.

Blue In BC

VA is who we thought he was. Athletic but prone to making mistakes. His receivers make him look better at times since they are quality players.

C. Kelly improved as the game went along but IMO his defence kept him in the game and gave him good field position. Argo ST's did their work as well.

Will have to contemplate this game.

Overall I think the Lions aren't quite as good as they think they are. Argos will stand and fall on C. Kelly. He is improving but has a way to go. Clearly the best team in the East.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Haha, Dinwiddie is the new Maas: chucking the headset down right at the end of the first half.  Was a dumb play by Phillips, though, not getting down with 2s left.  Not good for the multi-hundred-$$ headset though.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2023, 02:23:10 AM
Haha, Dinwiddie is the new Maas: chucking the headset down right at the end of the first half.  Was a dumb play by Phillips, though, not getting down with 2s left.  Not good for the multi-hundred-$$ headset though.

Even dumber not taking their last timeout which could have given them an extra play.

Also why did the Argos int a pass on 3rd and 4. That cost them about 20 yards. I know DB's like to get the int but it was a judgment error considering 3rd down and no chance to return to pick.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 04, 2023, 02:26:35 AM
Even dumber not taking their last timeout which could have given them an extra play.

Also why did the Argos int a pass on 3rd and 4. That cost them about 20 yards. I know DB's like to get the int but it was a judgment error considering 3rd down and no chance to return to pick.
Interesting take didn't notice that.

I also found the headset throw a little much.  Agree on the time out.  A few minor mistakes there.  They will likely Lear  from those.  Sometimes the only way to learn.  God know MOS did.

Tee42

CFL looks so amateur right now. If we do not start investing in this league. We are going to look like a global league. We better step up. Winnipeg is the only team that is not painful to watch.

Throw Long Bannatyne

More worried about the Argos this season than the Lions, that is one physical football team and Kelly can sure sling the ball.  Bombers only get one crack at them in week 17 before the playoffs, hopefully they're firing on all cylinders and ready to rumble.

The Zipp

Argos DB's can catch ...some of those picks our DB's would have straight dropped. 

Unless a western team crosses over and gives the argos some competition they have a good chance at being in the Grey Cup.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 04, 2023, 02:43:38 AM
More worried about the Argos this season than the Lions, that is one physical football team and Kelly can sure sling the ball.  Bombers only get one crack at them in week 17 before the playoffs, hopefully they're firing on all cylinders and they're ready to rumble.
Agreed....albeit BC goes as VAJ goes and today he was horrendous......their D is still pretty tough too.  Toronto looks pretty good with Kelly.....at this point he's an upgrade over  MBT.    Their D looks strong as well....we will need to be playing our best football to beat the Argos and I daresay bC.     If and when we can get Lawler back on O we should be even tougher to defend.....whaddup with Lawler?
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Tee42 on July 04, 2023, 02:33:34 AM
CFL looks so amateur right now. If we do not start investing in this league. We are going to look like a global league. We better step up. Winnipeg is the only team that is not painful to watch.

I'm not sure about that.  I thought this game was great fun.  How can you go wrong with lots of TDs by both teams, and lots of INTs?

I got to see VAJ turn into the headcase VAJ we all know and love from previous years.  If T.Harris is the QB you just need to hit hard early to beat, VAJ is the QB you just need to plant doubt in early.  He's like a kicker who can't shake off missing 2 FGs.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2023, 03:33:30 AM
I'm not sure about that.  I thought this game was great fun.  How can you go wrong with lots of TDs by both teams, and lots of INTs?

I got to see VAJ turn into the headcase VAJ we all know and love from previous years.  If T.Harris is the QB you just need to hit hard early to beat, VAJ is the QB you just need to plant doubt in early.  He's like a kicker who can't shake off missing 2 FGs.

Yep....6 picks is really baaaaaad!!!  I can't remember a QB throwing pick sixes and having the field flipped on them so many times.....Dru threw two pick sixes in one game which is pretty bad too...but 6??  Yikes!
Bomber fan for life