BC @ TOR July 3 GDT

Started by TecnoGenius, July 03, 2023, 05:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Starting this early.  Some thoughts on the Battle Of The Unbeaten(TM).  Coach Barker has assured me someone has to win and someone has to lose.  With MTL losing, only 1 team will remain unbeaten.  For our sake, let's hope it's the E team.

BC isn't even bothering to list a DNA or DNS's anymore.  Rules say they have to list one on O and D, but oh well, no one seems to be caring about this new DNA garbage.

BC is also starting 8 NATs.  I only count 3 DAs (nee DIs).  I guess they are very happy with their NAT talent.

BC gets Rhymes and Hatcher back.  With McInnis looking like an all-star at times, and Hollins hiding in the corner, their R corps is very impressive.

Kelly hasn't shown as well as VAJ in the opening weeks, but TOR still is good enough to win.  I think Kelly gets a bit better this game and VAJ stumbles a bit.  VAJ isn't Rourke.  He'll have that VAJesque mental break soon.  Maybe it'll be this week.

TOR is swapping 8 players but the buggers are only listing their #'s so I have to do some homework to see what the changes really are.  If they are substantially weaker this week, I may have to change my pick to BC.  But for now I'm going with my hunch and the homefield advantage.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Secret Decoder Ring translation of the TOR in/out changes:

IN:
Oakman
Gittens
Leake
Stiggers
Calver
Kwamou
Ciraco
Tate

OUT:
Brinkman
Sutton
Byrd
Barlow
Williams
Acheampong
Noll
Cage

Wow, half the IN group are quality players.  Almost all the OUT group is nobodies.  TOR should be substantially better this week.

TOR is doing the DNA thing on D (only).  Orimolade DE is the DNA and can sub in for Smith DE the DNS, for an all-IMP DL for 23 snaps.  Now there's some good use of the DNA rules!

Not sure why a team needs 4 RBs when you have Omellette and AH dressed, but oh well.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Finally some foot ball again!

Canada Day long week and so little football? Give your head a shake CFL. Talk about missed opportunity.

I think the Argos fit more into pretender than Contender.

BC D will make things rough for Kelly.

Good to see Rymes and other injured WR corps players appearing to be back.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 03, 2023, 09:33:17 AM
Finally some foot ball again!

Canada Day long week and so little football? Give your head a shake CFL. Talk about missed opportunity.

Good to see Rymes and other injured WR corps players appearing to be back.

I swear cfl schedule makers and approvers have no sense on what fans want.  This Canada day schedule was botched big time. 

Gittens is a great receiver and will make the Argos better.  All aboard the Chad Kelly hype train...aaaaargooos!!

Blue In BC

It's still a little early to determine how good either team is at the moment. Obviously both teams are very good based on current record. I'm not sure which team will come out on top. We've seen  new " QB's " look very good early on and then teams get film and then things go south. Elusive / running QB's can get injured if they run too often.

I think the analysts aren't sure either. Should be a good game. Hopefully no serious injuries to any players.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 03, 2023, 02:35:33 PM
I swear cfl schedule makers and approvers have no sense on what fans want.  This Canada day schedule was botched big time. 

Gittens is a great receiver and will make the Argos better.  All aboard the Chad Kelly hype train...aaaaargooos!!
Here here from all angles my friend!

Pigskin

Agree, I don't understand what the CFL schedulers are trying to do. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 05:53:14 PM
Agree, I don't understand what the CFL schedulers are trying to do. 
Mo game yesterday is inexcusable. I am kinda sick of Ambrosie. He makes a lot of very strange decisions.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 03, 2023, 07:44:52 PM
Mo game yesterday is inexcusable. I am kinda sick of Ambrosie. He makes a lot of very strange decisions.
You're not alone....haven't been a fan of Ambrosie from day one....

https://3downnation.com/2023/07/02/eight-ways-cfl-fans-feel-leadership-is-failing-them/
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 03, 2023, 09:33:17 AM

Argos are a good team riding the invincible high of the GC win.  On paper they are very good, except the big question mark at QB.  The team has been making up for the cracks starting to appear in Kelly.  Can they continue to do so while he learns the game?

I think BC is in the same boat.  Superb team on paper, but a questionable QB.  I'm still not sold on VAJ.

Both teams' success may hinge on the QB, and both QBs could falter at any moment.  TOR's superb pass D might be the straw that breaks VAJ's back.  Or Kelly could be exposed for the near-rookie he is, but BC's strength is pass D and TOR doesn't rely on the pass.  Maybe both will happen and it'll be a turnover-fest.

At least the TOR fans are finally showing up.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Shut down Toronto's run game and you win.

Good luck with that.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 03, 2023, 08:31:51 PM
Shut down Toronto's run game and you win.

Good luck with that.

I've never seen a team run in TDs more easily in the redzone than TOR.  They did it in the GC (ugly and inexcusable for us).  They did it last week.  They'll probably do it again this week.  Ouellette can't be stopped unless you run blitz and open up vulnerabilities in the pass.  And he can run up the gut or on the edge.  And they can always fake to him and just run Kelly.  It makes even less sense when on paper I don't think their OL is better than "good".

It will be interesting when we face them to see if Hall has concocted an answer.  There's a very good chance we'll face them again in the GC, and we need answers.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 03, 2023, 08:52:55 PM
I've never seen a team run in TDs more easily in the redzone than TOR.  They did it in the GC (ugly and inexcusable for us).  They did it last week.  They'll probably do it again this week.  Omellette can't be stopped unless you run blitz and open up vulnerabilities in the pass.  And he can run up the gut or on the edge.  And they can always fake to him and just run Kelly.  It makes even less sense when on paper I don't think their OL is better than "good".

It will be interesting when we face them to see if Hall has concocted an answer.  There's a very good chance we'll face them again in the GC, and we need answers.

The only thing I can think of is having Bighill put his helmet on Ouellette and track him.  Or bring WJ5 inside and wingspan him.  Collapse the FS as well, just in case.  AH33 is also a concern, but no where near as much as he used to be, and isn't run anywhere near as often. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

So if bc limits Toronto to under 10 points tonight and win does it mean they are the best team?

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on July 03, 2023, 09:44:09 PM
So if bc limits Toronto to under 10 points tonight and win does it mean they are the best team?

Yes. If BC beats Toronto tonight, never mind the 10 points, there the best team at this point in the season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 03, 2023, 09:00:48 PM
The only thing I can think of is having Bighill put his helmet on Ouellette and track him.

I'm not positive if it's Biggie vs Ouellette that Biggie will win... Ouellette needs to be gang tackled or hit behind the LoS.  The Elks showed how it could be done a number of times.  The entire front 7 needs to crash behind the LoS and get him before he gets going.  The only other option is if he's going to the edge you trip him up.

If he's going up the gut and he has the steam, only a DT who shed a blocker and can hit him square can stop him before he gets 5.

I'm not sure Oullette isn't all roided up, because his body type is extremely atypical for the CFL.  I can't recall anyone looking like that in the last decade or two.  Even if you do nothing all day but workout and eat raw liver I'm not sure you can look like that.  Our Brady is a big bruiser, but he looks like half the size Oullette is.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 09:48:24 PM
Yes. If BC beats Toronto tonight, never mind the 10 points, there the best team at this point in the season.

I think we're better than BC.  We were missing important DBs and Lawler.  OL and Zach were asleep.  On Aug 3 I bet we trounce them at IGF.

So if BC beats TOR, I think that just tells us BC is a top-2-in-the-W team.  If TOR beats BC, that shows that TOR is miles above any E team, but not necessarily best in CFL.  It's still very early in the season.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Yes, and Bombers would be ranked 3rd, which is good as it gives them motivation to improve.

Jesse

I don?t think that happens.

Unless they completely beat down TO, I still put BC, TO, and WPG in a top tier together. Too early to separate the teams beyond that.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

BC DL shown up again!
Great job in containment as well Kelly had no where to go.

GOLDMEMBER

Great TD toss by Adams. Perfectly placed pass! Wow.

The Zipp

Only time a leake on a boat is good I guess. 

GOLDMEMBER

These Lions are copying the BB.

dd

BC, Toronto and Winnipeg are top tier teams, Edmonton, Ottawa and Hamilton bottom teir teams, the others in between

GOLDMEMBER

BC kick coverage looked awful on that one.
Kudos to Leek

VAJ two terrible passes in a row, first should have been picked, second one threw it right to Daniel. You Turkey!

Tee42

Consider the first six games preseason

dd

The Bad VA has showed up and is tilted the field for the Argos? 17 points on turnovers!!! Seems he has a tough time reading zone defense.

Pete

GOLDMEMBER

VAG should have 4 picks

Kelly looks real good again

pjrocksmb

VA duck duck duck duck
No goose

I like the game each day.  League trying something new.  Have to see what the TV numbers are.

Quote from: Pete on July 04, 2023, 12:56:46 AM
Mcmanis is a beast
One of best players in the league

How many ducks could a VA chuck if a VA could chuck wood?

Kelly looks fantastic and can run but needs to protect himself.  Can't take too many licks.  Future star in the making.

theaardvark

Sixth pick is a pick six...

Ouch.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: theaardvark on July 04, 2023, 02:04:03 AM
Sixth pick is a pick six...

Ouch.

Why leave him in even after 3.  Like duck hunt out there.

Sir Blue and Gold

The familiar Vernon Adams showed up tonight.

Pete

not sure i can remember where a qb threw so many impactful interceptions, To me Adams has shown weaknesses in the past in his decision making. When he's on he is great but he can be prone to some big mistakes.

Blue In BC

VA is who we thought he was. Athletic but prone to making mistakes. His receivers make him look better at times since they are quality players.

C. Kelly improved as the game went along but IMO his defence kept him in the game and gave him good field position. Argo ST's did their work as well.

Will have to contemplate this game.

Overall I think the Lions aren't quite as good as they think they are. Argos will stand and fall on C. Kelly. He is improving but has a way to go. Clearly the best team in the East.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Haha, Dinwiddie is the new Maas: chucking the headset down right at the end of the first half.  Was a dumb play by Phillips, though, not getting down with 2s left.  Not good for the multi-hundred-$$ headset though.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2023, 02:23:10 AM
Haha, Dinwiddie is the new Maas: chucking the headset down right at the end of the first half.  Was a dumb play by Phillips, though, not getting down with 2s left.  Not good for the multi-hundred-$$ headset though.

Even dumber not taking their last timeout which could have given them an extra play.

Also why did the Argos int a pass on 3rd and 4. That cost them about 20 yards. I know DB's like to get the int but it was a judgment error considering 3rd down and no chance to return to pick.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 04, 2023, 02:26:35 AM
Even dumber not taking their last timeout which could have given them an extra play.

Also why did the Argos int a pass on 3rd and 4. That cost them about 20 yards. I know DB's like to get the int but it was a judgment error considering 3rd down and no chance to return to pick.
Interesting take didn't notice that.

I also found the headset throw a little much.  Agree on the time out.  A few minor mistakes there.  They will likely Lear  from those.  Sometimes the only way to learn.  God know MOS did.

Tee42

CFL looks so amateur right now. If we do not start investing in this league. We are going to look like a global league. We better step up. Winnipeg is the only team that is not painful to watch.

Throw Long Bannatyne

More worried about the Argos this season than the Lions, that is one physical football team and Kelly can sure sling the ball.  Bombers only get one crack at them in week 17 before the playoffs, hopefully they're firing on all cylinders and ready to rumble.

The Zipp

Argos DB's can catch ...some of those picks our DB's would have straight dropped. 

Unless a western team crosses over and gives the argos some competition they have a good chance at being in the Grey Cup.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 04, 2023, 02:43:38 AM
More worried about the Argos this season than the Lions, that is one physical football team and Kelly can sure sling the ball.  Bombers only get one crack at them in week 17 before the playoffs, hopefully they're firing on all cylinders and they're ready to rumble.
Agreed....albeit BC goes as VAJ goes and today he was horrendous......their D is still pretty tough too.  Toronto looks pretty good with Kelly.....at this point he's an upgrade over  MBT.    Their D looks strong as well....we will need to be playing our best football to beat the Argos and I daresay bC.     If and when we can get Lawler back on O we should be even tougher to defend.....whaddup with Lawler?
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Tee42 on July 04, 2023, 02:33:34 AM
CFL looks so amateur right now. If we do not start investing in this league. We are going to look like a global league. We better step up. Winnipeg is the only team that is not painful to watch.

I'm not sure about that.  I thought this game was great fun.  How can you go wrong with lots of TDs by both teams, and lots of INTs?

I got to see VAJ turn into the headcase VAJ we all know and love from previous years.  If T.Harris is the QB you just need to hit hard early to beat, VAJ is the QB you just need to plant doubt in early.  He's like a kicker who can't shake off missing 2 FGs.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2023, 03:33:30 AM
I'm not sure about that.  I thought this game was great fun.  How can you go wrong with lots of TDs by both teams, and lots of INTs?

I got to see VAJ turn into the headcase VAJ we all know and love from previous years.  If T.Harris is the QB you just need to hit hard early to beat, VAJ is the QB you just need to plant doubt in early.  He's like a kicker who can't shake off missing 2 FGs.

Yep....6 picks is really baaaaaad!!!  I can't remember a QB throwing pick sixes and having the field flipped on them so many times.....Dru threw two pick sixes in one game which is pretty bad too...but 6??  Yikes!
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on July 04, 2023, 03:40:20 AM
Yep....6 picks is really baaaaaad!!!  I can't remember a QB throwing pick sixes and having the field flipped on them so many times.....Dru threw two pick sixes in one game which is pretty bad too...but 6??  Yikes!

Ya, but we've seen VAJ melt down like this before.  I'm not sure he's done 6, but I'm sure he's done 4.  This is typical VAJ.  No one should be surprised.  I knew it would happen sooner or later.  Now all teams can pray on the obvious weakness.

The problem is BC is a one-trick pony, with almost zero run game due to the rookie nobody RB.  Now imagine if they still had Butler!  Campbell should know better.  Many times BC was within a TD and FG to win or tie.  Lots of time to play ball.  But nope, just keep chucking 25-60 yards for more INTs.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2023, 03:45:52 AM
Ya, but we've seen VAJ melt down like this before.  I'm not sure he's done 6, but I'm sure he's done 4.  This is typical VAJ.  No one should be surprised.  I knew it would happen sooner or later.  Now all teams can pray on the obvious weakness.

The problem is BC is a one-trick pony, with almost zero run game due to the rookie nobody RB.  Now imagine if they still had Butler!  Campbell should know better.  Many times BC was within a TD and FG to win or tie.  Lots of time to play ball.  But nope, just keep chucking 25-60 yards for more INTs.

Mizzell is pretty good but they've got nobody else to support him, Campbell is dumb to put all his chips down on the passing game and trying to get by with a minimal running game, it's going to come back to bite them again and again.  Argos D-line pinned back there ears on almost every play tonight.

TecnoGenius

This game shows the blueprint for beating BC.  And it's not hard.

1. Do what it takes to get pressure, and do it early.  Goal #1 is get in VAJ's head early.  Send our best smack-talker to yell smack across the LoS before every snap and after every whistle.  VAJ is the same old VAJ.  He didn't magically turn into Rourke between '22 and '23, even though he was looking like it for 3 weeks.  I bet he goes off the rails for consecutive weeks now.

2. Dedicated almost zero resources to their run game.  They don't use it.

3. Drop DL and LBers back in irregular and confusing coverage looks.  Follow TOR's lead.  Hall is the master of smoke & mirrors, so let's get back to the hidden guy snatching mid-range balls.

4. Double-team Betts.  Use more max-pro schemes.  Or keep Brady in blocking.

5. Play with more verve and physicality than they do.

6. Don't worry too much about VAJ putting up big explosion yards.  Eventually it'll turn into INTs with the above formula.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

One thing clearly obvious is TOR's coaches take their big games seriously.  They are doing major studying and strategizing.  It was obvious in the GC they out-planned and out-coached us by miles.  This may be TOR's biggest strength, because besides their good RBs, good DBs, and good OL, they are a pretty weak team on paper.  I'd pin most of this win vs BC on their identifying and planning around weakness.  (And who is this big brain?  Surely it's not Dinwiddie.)

TOR will be the big challenge when facing the E.  Not sure how many times we play them, but we need to make a point of not just going "1-0": we need to do something extra special in terms of planning and changing our scheme.  They will identify our every weakness and exploit and it'll look like the GC.  We need to do the unexpected, and we need to hit them in their weakness: which has got to be their run D and their weak R corps.

I bet even Ridersfans are now saying WPG is best in the W as BC was a poser.  The likely GC is WPG vs TOR.  Though I'll always root for WPG vs OTT with a resurgent Masoli.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2023, 05:56:12 AM
This game shows the blueprint for beating BC.  And it's not hard.

1. Do what it takes to get pressure, and do it early.  Goal #1 is get in VAJ's head early.  Send our best smack-talker to yell smack across the LoS before every snap and after every whistle.  VAJ is the same old VAJ.  He didn't magically turn into Rourke between '22 and '23, even though he was looking like it for 3 weeks.  I bet he goes off the rails for consecutive weeks now.

2. Dedicated almost zero resources to their run game.  They don't use it.

3. Drop DL and LBers back in irregular and confusing coverage looks.  Follow TOR's lead.  Hall is the master of smoke & mirrors, so let's get back to the hidden guy snatching mid-range balls.

4. Double-team Betts.  Use more max-pro schemes.  Or keep Brady in blocking.

5. Play with more verve and physicality than they do.

6. Don't worry too much about VAJ putting up big explosion yards.  Eventually it'll turn into INTs with the above formula.

Pretty much all of this is about defence.

Our problem last week was getting our offence going.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Rick Campbell really threw his starting QB under the bus last night.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Jesse on July 04, 2023, 11:59:20 AM
Pretty much all of this is about defence.

Our problem last week was getting our offence going.
The Als D is pretty good and they covered well....Zach had only 195 yds passing albeit they gave up 184 yards rushing.    We left some points on the board....3 for sure at the end of the 1st half and a fumble by BO stopped a good looking drive as well.    Zach threw into coverage which stopped another promising drive.   Overall I thought Buck called a good game considering the hard driving rain and game conditions...I thought we spread the ball around  even using JG on one successful running play.   There were 5 players who ran the ball including Zach albeit the first play looked like a broken play by Zach and McCrae
Bomber fan for life

TBURGESS

36 points off of turn overs. Adams was terrible. Should have been pulled after the first pick in the 2nd half.
Toronto handled BC's pass rush way better than we did.
There are 3 top teams in the CFL. TOR,BC,WPG in that order.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 04, 2023, 01:56:52 PM
Rick Campbell really threw his starting QB under the bus last night.
I don?t think he threw him under the bus. He stuck with him to show Adams he?s his guy at Qb and to go shake off those early interceptions and work his way out of it. Thing is Adams followed up his first 3 with another 3 which confirms he makes bad decisions over and over again, which is troubling to say the least for the Lions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: dd on July 04, 2023, 02:41:49 PM
I don?t think he threw him under the bus. He stuck with him to show Adams he?s his guy at Qb and to go shake off those early interceptions and work his way out of it. Thing is Adams followed up his first 3 with another 3 which confirms he makes bad decisions over and over again, which is troubling to say the least for the Lions

The wheels definitely fell off last night for Adams. In BC's first game he got away with some terrible passes that should have resulted in picks. He played better in week 2 and very well in week 3 but came crashing back down last night.

I think over 18 games we're going to see Adams return to his more normal self. He's got loads of talent around him in BC, and he's looked better than in the past, but yesterday's game is a reminder that he is the new Henry/Hank.

dd

Ya, Adams is who everybody thought he was--inconsistent at best. Campbell knows this, and showed through it all, he's going with Adams, so if he throws picks, he doesn't have to worry about being yanked, he's sticking with him, so work your way out of it. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact, for a mentally fragile/headcase type of Qb like Adams is, i think its the way to go

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 04, 2023, 06:05:09 AM
One thing clearly obvious is TOR's coaches take their big games seriously.  They are doing major studying and strategizing.  It was obvious in the GC they out-planned and out-coached us by miles.  This may be TOR's biggest strength, because besides their good RBs, good DBs, and good OL, they are a pretty weak team on paper.  I'd pin most of this win vs BC on their identifying and planning around weakness.  (And who is this big brain?  Surely it's not Dinwiddie.)

TOR will be the big challenge when facing the E.  Not sure how many times we play them, but we need to make a point of not just going "1-0": we need to do something extra special in terms of planning and changing our scheme.  They will identify our every weakness and exploit and it'll look like the GC.  We need to do the unexpected, and we need to hit them in their weakness: which has got to be their run D and their weak R corps.

I bet even Ridersfans are now saying WPG is best in the W as BC was a poser.  The likely GC is WPG vs TOR.  Though I'll always root for WPG vs OTT with a resurgent Masoli.

I think you're downplaying the strength of the Argo DL and LB crews and as strong as the Bomber O-line is, I'm not sure they can handle them any better than the Lions did.  Brady should not consider slipping out of the backfield until  all blocking assignments are complete, Zach doesn't need another target, he needs better protection in certain games.

The Stamps started to slip and the Argos rose when Dinwiddie hired Corey Mace as his DC, I wonder if he's the big difference maker?

3rdand1.5

BC is a very good team, they are good enough to win the West and the Cup, but they need good VA more than bad VA. I said it at the beginning, and I will stick to my belief that BC will go as far as VA allows, as they have the talent on that roster to beat anyone. On the flip side, if last nights VA appears enough times, they will be a middle of the pack team even with the great roster they have.

T.O looks good, Kelly will probably have a few bad games, but so far he is playing well and like us and BC they have a great roster full of Talent. I think T.O is less reliant on Kelly then BC is on VA so in that fact I would say T.O is the scarier team to face.

IMO T.O and BC are also well coached, T.O found a way to confuse VA better than we did. Perhaps we were to focused on taking away the explosion play?
BC seems susceptible against the run I am curious to see how Mtrl. does against BC and if Fajardo can "spin" away from that pass rush BC has built and have some success.
T.O doesn't seem to have any glaring weakness identified yet...

theaardvark

BC needs to sign 3 more ex-WBB for their Oline... 2 just isn't cutting it.

Tor had 4 RB rostered for last nights game.  4.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 04, 2023, 05:05:17 PM

...and they still wouldn't take Oullette out of the game, even though it looked like he was playing through pain.  They have to give Harris more than 2-3 carries to get the best out of him.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 04, 2023, 06:16:46 PM

...and they still wouldn't take Oullette out of the game, even though it looked like he was playing through pain.  They have to give Harris more than 2-3 carries to get the best out of him.

Harris started a brawl which resulted in 6 objectionable conduct penalties. 4 of those were against the Argos which resulted in 30 yards of penalties.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on July 04, 2023, 02:08:18 PM
The Als D is pretty good and they covered well....Zach had only 195 yds passing albeit they gave up 184 yards rushing.    We left some points on the board....3 for sure at the end of the 1st half and a fumble by BO stopped a good looking drive as well.    Zach threw into coverage which stopped another promising drive.   Overall I thought Buck called a good game considering the hard driving rain and game conditions...I thought we spread the ball around  even using JG on one successful running play.   There were 5 players who ran the ball including Zach albeit the first play looked like a broken play by Zach and McCrae

He was talking about the WPG-BC game
#Ride?

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Tee42 on July 04, 2023, 02:33:34 AM
Disagree all
Quote from: The Zipp on July 04, 2023, 03:19:30 AM
Argos DB's can catch ...some of those picks our DB's would have straight dropped. 

Unless a western team crosses over and gives the argos some competition they have a good chance at being in the Grey Cup.
Yeah our dbs can't catch, right.....

Most clubs, including ours would have had a similar number of picks.  That said the Argos D is very good and they forced VA into some bad decisions, tricked him and he also threw ducks.

Agree Argos are favorites to make the big show.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on July 04, 2023, 02:08:18 PM
Overall I thought Buck called a good game considering the hard driving rain and game conditions...I thought we spread the ball around  even using JG on one successful running play.   There were 5 players who ran the ball including Zach albeit the first play looked like a broken play by Zach and McCrae

Buck called a superb game.  That's more of what we needed vs BC.  Keep mixing it up, keep them on their heels.  MTL had no idea what was coming next.

I'm pretty sure the Zach 1st-play run was designed.  It was a tendency breaker and a statement to start the game: "we're not going to do what you expected, start panicking."
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 04, 2023, 05:05:17 PM

Ya, I noted that early in the thread when the depth charts came out.  In the end, Leake was only used as a returner.  Why they don't just label him as such is beyond me.  The 3rd guy didn't see much action in any role.

I wonder if Oullette did more damage to his groin by staying in... Geez, you have AH on the sidelines, just say "I'm hurt, play Andrew".  They'll still win.
Never go full Rider!