Calgary @ Winnipeg

Started by Pigskin, July 03, 2023, 03:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Calgary is another team we shouldn't have any problems with. With Lawson and JJ94 back in the lineup, our front 7 looked much better. Really impressed with MC33s play this season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 03:12:23 AM
Calgary is another team we shouldn't have any problems with. With Lawson and JJ94 back in the lineup, our front 7 looked much better. Really impressed with MC33s play this season.
absolutely let?s keep this train a moving! Maintenance days for vet players as needed. Keep it up front 7!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

One factor will be rest. Calgary coming off a bye. We've got 5 days off. Hasn't mattered much in the past but as an older team this is where you can start to see an impact, if in fact, it's catching up to us.

GOLDMEMBER

I look essentially for a home game rebound. Guys gotta be pissed that home win streak is finished.

Fingers crossed we get Demski and Lawler back. McRae filled in extremely well though.

Blue In BC

Any word on Demski's fiance giving birth over the weekend? Exciting time for them.

Short week. Practice tomorrow and Wednesday with walk thru on Thursday?

We probably won't get anybody back from 6 game IR for another couple of weeks. SMS issue is part of the equation. However, Rose was running although not practising last week. Any of the others getting close to healthy in re-hab? Will we see anybody back for game 7?  We never hear definitive reports if a player is expected to be finished for the season.

A few players got nicked against the Als so there is probably a shuffle to and from the 1 game IR this week, again.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 03, 2023, 01:46:08 PM
I look essentially for a home game rebound. Guys gotta be pissed that home win streak is finished.

Fingers crossed we get Demski and Lawler back. McRae filled in extremely well though.

Unless Demski was hurt he should be back...wouldn't count on Lawler at this point.  We won't see an injury report till tomorrow.

Calgary is getting some receivers back - begelton and they signed markin michel yesterday.  Looking to be a perfect Friday night for football...I expect a win

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 03, 2023, 02:33:12 PM
Calgary is getting some receivers back - begelton and they signed markin michel yesterday.  Looking to be a perfect Friday night for football...I expect a win

Didn't that guy leave the CFL like 3 years ago?  Actually, come to think of it, if he can still ball, it's not a horrific choice.

Quote from: The Zipp on July 03, 2023, 02:33:12 PM
Unless Demski was hurt he should be back...

Wha, was it a violent delivery?
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

The club has made the following transactions:

Added to roster:
Kerfalla Exume (DB)

Added to practice roster:
Jared Beeksma (LB)

Released from practice roster:
Jakub Szott (OL)

BBRT

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 03:12:23 AM

Yeah - not going to say we will not have any problems with Calgary as they appear to be getting some players back however if we are on our game we should come out with a win. Nothing is as easy as we like to think in the CFL this early in the season.

The Zipp

I see demski is not at practice today, did his partner have the baby?

3rdand1.5

If our lines play like they did last week and we limit penalties and mistakes we should easily handle Cal. Easy for me to say....

Our O-line appears healthy and deep and Brady has really stepped-up his blocking game-I think he may be one of if not the best blocking backs today in the CFL. I liked the look with Mc Crea in the line-up. I do like Agadosi, but I think Mc Crea offers more. Demski back in for BOO is an upgrade. Buck could get really creative with Grant, Mc Crea, Demski, BO and Baily carrying the rock (I am actually pleasantly surprised and impressed with Baily's ability out of the backfield)

Defensively JJ and Lawson back made a night and day difference. Willie was simply dominant last week. Mair is nowhere near as elusive as Fajardo. If we can get the kind of pressure, we got last week on Mair it should allow the Db's to play more aggressive. IMO Swaray shows great raw abilities, I don't think it will be long before he get's just a bit more comfortable and with that I believe will come some picks. He has been in position and close, I think he is due for one soon!

Specials need a little tune-up as they were not good enough last week.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on July 04, 2023, 05:41:28 PM
I see demski is not at practice today, did his partner have the baby?

No announcement as of yet but it sounds like it could be any day now.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 04, 2023, 05:44:42 PM

Because it's a home game he can probably play unless the birth is due or happens on Friday.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 04, 2023, 05:44:42 PM

How long is the lady in labor??  From last Saturday all the way through this Friday?  ??? :o ;D   The impression I got (pre MTL game) was the baby was already on its way??  Demski stayed out because of a woulda coulda shoulda maybe kinda delivery date?  Someone needs to inform him those things are notoriously unreliable (been there, done that)!  :D  Maybe we should Mark Demski down as possibly out for the next 3 weeks!

(If he does leave mid-game and they deliver mid-game they should announce the new baby on the jumbotron.)
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 05, 2023, 06:23:03 AM
How long is the lady in labor??  From last Saturday all the way through this Friday?  ??? :o ;D   The impression I got (pre MTL game) was the baby was already on its way??  Demski stayed out because of a woulda coulda shoulda maybe kinda delivery date?  Someone needs to inform him those things are notoriously unreliable (been there, done that)!  :D  Maybe we should Mark Demski down as possibly out for the next 3 weeks!

(If he does leave mid-game and they deliver mid-game they should announce the new baby on the jumbotron.)

Or just let the man do what he thinks is best in supporting his partner who's having a baby. It's more important than football.

You probably think you pay his salary, too. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Waffler

No Demski, no Dru Brown. Both not injury related. I hope there are no issues with the birth, I got Demski's back, he's been good to Winnipeg.

As far as practice, both Prukop and Colloras got plenty of reps. Never saw Prukop get this many. Other than timing being a bit off on some throws for both QB's, pretty much what you would expect to happen is what happened. I'd describe it as uneventful but a pleasant way to spend a lunch hour.  Schoen, Bailey, Grant, Oliveira all looking good.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 05, 2023, 06:23:03 AM
How long is the lady in labor??  From last Saturday all the way through this Friday?  ??? :o ;D   The impression I got (pre MTL game) was the baby was already on its way??  Demski stayed out because of a woulda coulda shoulda maybe kinda delivery date?  Someone needs to inform him those things are notoriously unreliable (been there, done that)!  :D  Maybe we should Mark Demski down as possibly out for the next 3 weeks!

She wasn't in labour, but he didn't want to leave town in case it happened. They must be at or nearly at the due date.

I think, since it's a home game, he'll play as long as she's not actively in labour.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on July 05, 2023, 03:24:34 PM
She wasn't in labour, but he didn't want to leave town in case it happened. They must be at or nearly at the due date.

I think, since it's a home game, he'll play as long as she's not actively in labour.

So for last game was Demski placed on the 1 game IR so they could still pay him, instead of suspending him for not playing?

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 05, 2023, 04:36:54 PM
So for last game was Demski placed on the 1 game IR so they could still pay him, instead of suspending him for not playing?

Pretty sure Demski was on the AR, just not dressed... no mention of movement on the CFL transactions page.  As mentioned elsewhere, we just dressed on less player.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 05, 2023, 04:36:54 PM

I don't imagine anybody is concerned about paying him for not playing. He's earned that respect.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 04, 2023, 03:21:43 PM
The club has made the following transactions:

Added to roster:
Kerfalla Exume (DB)

Added to practice roster:
Jared Beeksma (LB)

Released from practice roster:
Jakub Szott (OL)

Exume was excellent on team when he was here in 2019. 25 ST.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

The Zipp

Agudosi riding the pine again...all in on Greg!!

LXTSN

When Lawler comes back, would Cole or McCrae come off the roster?

Cole is very important to our special teams coverage, but McCrae makes our offence a lot more versitile in my opinion.
I suppose Demski can do 90% of what McCrae can do but I think McCrae is just a little more effective running the ball.

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on July 06, 2023, 03:11:24 PM
When Lawler comes back, would Cole or McCrae come off the roster?

Cole is very important to our special teams coverage, but McCrae makes our offence a lot more versitile in my opinion.
I suppose Demski can do 90% of what McCrae can do but I think McCrae is just a little more effective running the ball.

It would be nice to leave McCrae on the AR but when Lawler can play, I think he comes off. There is only 1 football and our offence is excellent even without Lawler. Need Cole or equivalent for ST's.

Not having Kramdi or Gauthier active is not great if we have any injuries. I'm not quite sure who would move up to SAM if Darby gets nicked or needs a breather. Similar question at MLB since Gauthier would have been the primary back up. I wonder if Cole takes that role or do we see Briggs and Mauro there?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 06, 2023, 03:18:21 PM
It would be nice to leave McCrae on the AR but when Lawler can play, I think he comes off. There is only 1 football and our offence is excellent even without Lawler. Need Cole or equivalent for ST's.

Not having Kramdi or Gauthier active is not great if we have any injuries. I'm not quite sure who would move up to SAM if Darby gets nicked or needs a breather. Similar question at MLB since Gauthier would have been the primary back up. I wonder if Cole takes that role or do we see Briggs and Mauro there?

Would BA37 move to SAM and KE39 move to FS?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pete

Big hill; Clements might move  to mlb with cole to outside

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 06, 2023, 03:18:21 PM

Per DT, Briggs practiced a lot on MACK this week. So if Biggie needs a breather Briggs will be in. Briggs and Maruo did see some game action at the position last year, so it's not new to them.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2023, 05:33:44 PM
That's what we're talking about, him playing in the secondary...

(see what I did there?  ;D)

If you have to tell people what you did it's not clever, Aards. Everybody laugh I made a joke!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

pjrocksmb

Most of our LBs will get reps likely.

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 06, 2023, 09:14:25 PM
No one has told me what the (62) after Fatboi's name means yet...

If Thomas plays on offense he will wear 62.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 06, 2023, 09:30:03 PM
If Thomas plays on offense he will wear 62.

Ok, thanks.  Why are we just starting to label that (62) this season?  And if I'm not mistaken, we only started for the last game?

No problems with it, I just find the inconsistency a bit odd.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Does anyone know which transit bus number takes the rapid transit from Pembina through Osborne station and finishes downtown?
60? The blue line?
Carol didn?t really know.

Thanks ahead of time.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Waffler on July 06, 2023, 10:54:25 PM
Yes, going the opposite way it is called Blue Downtown.

Stop 60103
Northbound University at Chancellor Matheson

Not sure where you want to get off exactly though. 60 might be better. There is little time difference actually, maybe 5 or 10 minutes per trip. Rapid is a misnomer.
Thank you  8)

pjrocksmb

Here was my advice for Goldmember about the bus

Been a long time but I know that run well.  My numbers could be off but 160 or 162 ring a bell.  Go to the rapid transit station in Osborne village and should be pretty clear.  Those busses will be marked u of m.  This advice is old and I never used it for Bomber games but used to be part of my regular commute.

The 60 way the regular route not RT I believe.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 06, 2023, 09:38:03 PM
Does anyone know which transit bus number takes the rapid transit from Pembina through Osborne station and finishes downtown?
60? The blue line?
Carol didn?t really know.

Thanks ahead of time.

https://winnipegtransit.com/navigo?mode=depart_after&dateTime=now

GOLDMEMBER

Pete

Does anyone know if teams can sign USFL players now that season is over? Prukop was released so he was available. MBT would be highly coveted

GOLDMEMBER

The BLUE Rapid was awesome we were at Osborne street station in 10 mins