Winnipeg @ Montreal

Started by Pigskin, June 29, 2023, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 02, 2023, 04:31:49 AM
yes, yes they did. Now we drink!
Woli had his parents fly in for the game and he was outstanding as was Dalton....both of these guys really stepped up in the absence of ND10
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Re-watched the game this morning.

A few mistakes that need to be corrected but we make big plays when the chips are down.

Alexander made THE play of the game IMO. 14 point swing.

Houston is always on the spot when a ball is on the ground. Great work.

Note to Sheahan: Don't try a pass on a botched snap for the last play of the half. Zero to be gained in that situation. YIKES.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 02, 2023, 02:16:55 PM

A few mistakes that need to be corrected but we make big plays when the chips are down.

Note to Sheahan: Don't try a pass on a botched snap for the last play of the half. Zero to be gained in that situation. YIKES.

I don't know how many years BA has left as the starting Safety as he looks to be slowing up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Evan Holm is the next one, he has great speed and the mobility to cover the backend from corner to corner.  He doesn't have the bulk to punish receiver but seems to be a good form tackler, as the CFL evolves in the future punishing receivers with bone crunching hits is likely to be discouraged anyway.

Blue In BC

I did notice BA slowing down on his int return. OTOH, weaving in and out of traffic and running 70 or more yards at speed, is not easy.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 03, 2023, 04:28:20 PM
I did notice BA slowing down on his int return. OTOH, weaving in and out of traffic and running 70 or more yards at speed, is not easy.
The  Als just drove the field to get to the 20-ish Then the  pick and the run back. I would say he has reason to be labouring on the back end.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 03, 2023, 04:11:18 PM
I don't know how many years BA has left as the starting Safety as he looks to be slowing up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Evan Holm is the next one, he has great speed and the mobility to cover the backend from corner to corner.  He doesn't have the bulk to punish receiver but seems to be a good form tackler, as the CFL evolves in the future punishing receivers with bone crunching hits is likely to be discouraged anyway.

Abu Daramy-Swaray might be another candidate for FS... he seems to hit a ton... bent a couple receivers backwards last game, and drove them back with the hit.

So, is a AS15, Abu, ADS... we need a nick name for him...  I'm liking this player, and liked Holm since last year... either we are scouting good DB's, have a scheme that they thrive in, or are coaching them up great, but we never seem to have issues eventually finding players to fit the holes.  Might take a game or two, but voila...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 03, 2023, 05:04:37 PM
Abu Daramy-Swaray might be another candidate for FS... he seems to hit a ton... bent a couple receivers backwards last game, and drove them back with the hit.

So, is a AS15, Abu, ADS... we need a nick name for him...  I'm liking this player, and liked Holm since last year... either we are scouting good DB's, have a scheme that they thrive in, or are coaching them up great, but we never seem to have issues eventually finding players to fit the holes.  Might take a game or two, but voila...

I expect ADS will get shuffled to the bottom of the deck once Rose, Parker and Lawrence return, but he'll benefit from a year as a backup as Houston did his first year, and be ready to become a starter by next season.

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 03, 2023, 06:02:20 PM
I expect ADS will get shuffled to the bottom of the deck once Rose, Parker and Lawrence return, but he'll benefit from a year as a backup as Houston did his first year, and be ready to become a starter by next season.

I think ADS15 is as good as Lawrence. But, he would take a back seat to Rose and Parker at this point.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

kkc60

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 06:58:24 PM
I think ADS15 is as good as Lawrence. But, he would take a back seat to Rose and Parker at this point.
Parker is a halfback though, no?

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 02, 2023, 02:16:55 PM

Yeah....I mentioned this bone headed pass attempt in my good, bad, ugly post.   Luckily it hit the turf before being scooped up by the Als...I'm sure he received some "coaching" from MOS and our STs coordinator after that play....or at least I hope he did!
Also agree that BA's pick near the goal line was the turning point and we made that a 14 point swing.   The Als score there and it's a different ball game.   That was a huge momentum swing and sank the dagger in the hearts of the Als going up 17 - Zip at that point in the game!   
Someone mentioned he slowed down on his pick return however he made some good moves near our 40, broke a tackle and took it to their 46.   
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 03, 2023, 05:04:37 PM
So, is a AS15, Abu, ADS... we need a nick name for him...

How about Swarm, as he swarms to the ball carrier and smothers him. (Ya, one person can't be a swarm, but, hey, close enough.)

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 06:02:04 PM
ADS15.

ADS sounds like a terminal disease!
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on July 03, 2023, 08:01:48 PM
Yeah....I mentioned this bone headed pass attempt in my good, bad, ugly post.   Luckily it hit the turf before being scooped up by the Als...I'm sure he received some "coaching" from MOS and our STs coordinator after that play....or at least I hope he did!
Also agree that BA's pick near the goal line was the turning point and we made that a 14 point swing.   The Als score there and it's a different ball game.   That was a huge momentum swing and sank the dagger in the hearts of the Als going up 17 - Zip at that point in the game!   
Someone mentioned he slowed down on his pick return however he made some good moves near our 40, broke a tackle and took it to their 46.   

You could really see the difference in speed between BA and Holm on that deep ball completion chasing after Mack.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 06:58:24 PM

A comment about ADS15 during the Argo game. He's 3rd best in lowest number in the CFL of completions in his coverage responsibilities.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 04, 2023, 02:23:23 AM
A comment about ADS15 during the Argo game. He's 3rd best in lowest number in the CFL of completions in his coverage responsibilities.

Saw that on the BC/TOR game graphic and was shocked... he did get a lot of pigskin thrown his way. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.