Winnipeg @ Montreal

Started by Pigskin, June 29, 2023, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewBlue

Quote from: Jesse on June 30, 2023, 02:33:42 AM
Well, I can't tell you how disappointed I am that Lawler is still missing.

Really need our offence to snap back after that beat down. Looking forward to see how they incorporate McCrae. I think he's the release valve we needed to beat the blitzes last week. We'll see if the Als try to play us the same way and if we can take advantage.

Agree on all points.
They'll send it too, how will we respondD

bwiser

Having McRae in the lineup makes a lot of sense with Demski's status up in the air. Olivera has missed practice most of this week so if he can't finish the game McRae could be an option. I hope Demski can play because we need our quality Nationals in the lineup.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bwiser on July 01, 2023, 03:23:56 PM
Having McRae in the lineup makes a lot of sense with Demski's status up in the air. Olivera has missed practice most of this week so if he can't finish the game McRae could be an option. I hope Demski can play because we need our quality Nationals in the lineup.

It's the flip side of what it does on defence because of the ratio requirement. I'm still thinking O'Leary-Orange could / should start ahead of Agudosi as the lesser of two problems.

I guess fingers are crossed about Demski but if he plays this week he may be unavailable next week depending on baby arrival date. We play the Stamps next Friday at home. At least that eliminates any travel time issue of proximity if he has to leave for the hospital?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

Demski not playing would be a large knock on our offensive talent. But having a baby is pretty awesome.

We should know by this point, if he is at the hotel wit the team he is playing, if he is not at the hotel he is with his lady waiting for the baby.

Let's keep Zack clean this week. I do believe we have the talent to do that. I am still partially worried about the front 7 on defence.

Waffler

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on July 01, 2023, 03:57:21 PM
Demski... if he is at the hotel wit the team he is playing, if he is not at the hotel he is with his lady waiting for the baby.

He did not travel with the team. Would have to be last minute if he can make it.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

ModAdmin

Confirmed Demski will not be in the lineup today.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 01, 2023, 05:05:14 PM
Confirmed Demski will not be in the lineup today.

It says on CFL.CA that he'll dress but not play. That's even more confusing.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

time for Woli, Agudosi, Schoen, BOLO, Bailey and McCrae to shine....being short Demski and Lawler opens the door for others to step up.
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 01, 2023, 09:52:27 AM
weird comment. Eye roll ::).

But it's true!  When's the last time we had 2 starters miss consecutive games due to childbirth?  I'm thinking never.  These missed games can be the difference between winning and losing (do we take those 2 long DPIs last week if Houston is in?).  Again, I'm fine with them doing this, but it has a cost.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 01, 2023, 06:14:59 PM
It says on CFL.CA that he'll dress but not play. That's even more confusing.

Where are you seeing that?  In a stats/roster page or in a written article?  If the former, I'd love to know the URL so I can get more depth-chart-y info, now that the normal CFL game notes page is perennially busticated.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Schoen and Woli need to step up even more.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 01, 2023, 08:08:23 PM
Where are you seeing that?  In a stats/roster page or in a written article?  If the former, I'd love to know the URL so I can get more depth-chart-y info, now that the normal CFL game notes page is perennially busticated.

It was in the written article. Now a newer article says he's not playing.  " Bombers visit Als on Canda Day matchup".
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 01, 2023, 08:18:26 PM
Schoen and Woli need to step up even more.
And they both did in spades....
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

3rdand1.5