Parking Pass Question

Started by Jesse, June 07, 2023, 02:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Has anyone driven to the game before?

I bought a couple of parking passes this year (last week because I took my 5 year old daughter, this week because my dad is coming).

I have the Blue pass. We came down Chancellor Matheson but turned down the first turn off and still ended up walking most of the way down CM. I was wondering if there are closer spots that I could have used had I driven closer/got there earlier. I don't want my dad walking further than necessary.

Thanks in advance!
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Yes- I've used those before. There are several blue pass lots. I'm in ULot now but I believe most of the parking on the lots south of IG Field are blue. One upside to walking a bit further is you are faster out. I like the convivence of ULot but it's hard to get out from there which I assume would also be true with the blue lots closer to the stadium.

Edit: also found this: https://www.bluebombers.com/tickets-3/game-day-parking/
Anything with a CM is blue.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 07, 2023, 03:08:03 PM
Yes- I've used those before. There are several blue pass lots. I'm in ULot now but I believe most of the parking on the lots south of IG Field are blue. One upside to walking a bit further is you are faster out. I like the convivence of ULot but it's hard to get out from there which I assume would also be true with the blue lots closer to the stadium.

Edit: also found this: https://www.bluebombers.com/tickets-3/game-day-parking/
Anything with a CM is blue.

Thanks! I had seen the map but didn?t know that CM meant blue. Appreciate it!

It?s ok if it takes longer to get out, just need to keep the walking to a minimum with the old man coming along this week.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on June 07, 2023, 03:31:32 PM
Thanks! I had seen the map but didn?t know that CM meant blue. Appreciate it!

It?s ok if it takes longer to get out, just need to keep the walking to a minimum with the old man coming along this week.

No worries  :)

TecnoGenius

A close friend and super long-time STH is doing chemo and surgeries this week but still wants to try to attend if he feels up to it by Friday.  We're trying to figure out ways to get him to the stadium.  Normally we walk together, but he can't do the normal multi-km walk in this state.  He'd pretty much need to be dropped off at a gate.  We're looking for options.

I suggested the park & ride but he also can't sit stuck on a hot no-AC school bus in 27C heat for 30-60 minutes in his current state.

I'm pretty sure they don't let any old car drive up to the stadium, even for a drop-off.

Do they have any provision for STH in his situation for temporary drop-off or parking access?  I don't mind dropping him off then going to my normal spot and walking the 2km.  He can get around on his own in the stadium.  If all goes well he'll be back to normal capability for the subsequent home game.
Never go full Rider!