These dog days are killing me, you?

Started by GOLDMEMBER, March 21, 2023, 10:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

No football news or real updates sucks! Ah!

How far away is the CFL draft. I know it is always after the NFL draft correct?

Hopefully he sign some dudes after these FA Camps!

We have a short yardage green back!

Kicker competition attendees
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

Walters and company have always done a great job getting some new guys in.
It is the doldrums at this time for sure.
But everyone needs a break?so maybe this is our time for one..soon enough we have the draft.
It?s funny, but not a lot of information on the combine.

Someone should get off their *** and put out some lists of the top ten per position, and then their scores.
Maybe there is one? Yet where is it?:
  How about some player bios?  The faves to earn a spot in the line up.

Oh well.  Cheer on the Jets for their last two weeks of the year.  What a hapless bunch.  Do ya think walters knows hockey?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: DM83 on March 22, 2023, 12:44:01 AM
Walters and company have always done a great job getting some new guys in.
It is the doldrums at this time for sure.
But everyone needs a break?so maybe this is our time for one..soon enough we have the draft.
It?s funny, but not a lot of information on the combine.

Someone should get off their *** and put out some lists of the top ten per position, and then their scores.
Maybe there is one? Yet where is it?:
  How about some player bios?  The faves to earn a spot in the line up.

Oh well.  Cheer on the Jets for their last two weeks of the year.  What a hapless bunch.  Do ya think walters knows hockey?
true regarding combine.

Do not bring the Shets on here please and thank you. :)

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

Jesse

Yeah, it's starting to hit me hard.

FA got me all pumped up, and then me and my buddy got our season tickets (yay!), but now I really think there should be football to watch.
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on March 22, 2023, 10:38:53 AM
Yeah, it's starting to hit me hard.

FA got me all pumped up, and then me and my buddy got our season tickets (yay!), but now I really think there should be football to watch.
Nice for getting seasons, reminds me to go down to the store and get my ring and BFL sticker

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on March 22, 2023, 01:51:15 AM
Here's some news on the Combine to be held in Edmonton March 22 - 26...

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-draft/cfl-national-combine-2023-details-prospect-roster/

And here's more...

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/03/21/oleary-combine-format-opens-evaluation-window/?tf_u[mailId]=dc8485a13b&tf_u[team]=CFL

The league really needs to bring back "CFL Week" to create more fan and media attention on the combine and during the off-season in general.  I thought they figured that out a long time ago, but apparently they forgot lessons already learned.

DM83

I agree with more PR.
I am tired of the Toronto SportsNetwork

Joe Pascucchi, and the Cal Murphy / Mike Riley show.  that was fun, with a few minutes of insight, some  video hi-lights...

THE Bombers Pre-Game Day Luncheon was really cool. They should bring that back. 

Some of the good old days , were in hindsight, very good.

gobombersgo

CJOB aired their winter special a few weeks back. It's a good 80 minute listen where DT interviewed a handful of players.
https://globalnews.ca/pages/audio-vault-cjob/

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on March 22, 2023, 07:41:27 PM
CJOB aired their winter special a few weeks back. It's a good 80 minute listen where DT interviewed a handful of players.

thanks!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on March 22, 2023, 07:41:27 PM

Know which day/time?  Poking around, can't find it.  Only goes back to March 8.

Myself, I got into the Bomber Store today, so I'm feeling better after a stop at IGF.  Also got to hit up Shawarma Khan, for the sorta-like-gameday experience.  First time in that shop!  Nice blue & gold everywhere.

Got my seasons for the kid & I, just where I wanted them.  Very nice staff.  Picked up some latest gear too.  Miffed they had no clearance rack... guess they got rid of that in Jan before inventory day.  Darn.

If anyone is looking for jerseys, they had whack tons of stock of all sorts of numbers.  Schoen seems to be the new standout number they expect to be popular.  Didn't see any Lawler... maybe the news came too late.  Sure we'll see some by game day.

I don't know what was going on at IGF, but the parking lot was pretty full, yet no one was in the store.  Maybe people hard at work getting ready for the season?

Wishing CFL would start (kid was excited too, asking how much longer he had to wait).  But F1 did just start so at least there's that to keep me somewhat satisfied (but oh woe is my McLaren).
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on March 23, 2023, 03:38:47 AM
Know which day/time?  Poking around, can't find it.  Only goes back to March 8.

Feb 27th. But, if you look at the link I included just scroll down to Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on March 23, 2023, 05:57:54 AM
Feb 27th. But, if you look at the link I included just scroll down to Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Oh, I didn't know there was stuff down there!  Never would have found that in a million years.

Thanks!  You da man!  Listening now.  This is awesome, also thanks to CJOB for this!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Watching the Saturday (Mar 25) XFL game and Kelvin McKnight had a great punt return (1Q9:53) for Seattle.  I'm like, "hey, that's a Bomber!".  He would have been gone but his clown blockers didn't actually block.  They interviewed him after the play, as XFL does, but he (and the chyron) didn't mention the CFL.  Boo

I'm pretty disappointed with the XFL.  It's pretty boring.  I'm watching less of these "other" leagues this year, that's for sure.

P.S. Finished that DT Winter Bomber show and it was pretty fun.  Kenny is stoked.  Hearing from that EDM commentator was interesting, too.
Never go full Rider!