Dakota Prukop

Started by Norm W, February 15, 2023, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 31, 2023, 03:26:00 PM
It was interesting to note that once DP became available to us we dropped Pigrone immediately, who went on to work with Ottawa.    At the time he was being heralded as perhaps a challenge to Dru Brown's #2 ranking at QB.    It didn't help his cause when he was stuffed on two successive SY attempts at the goal line.    He never had the physical stature of Dakota and wowed us early in the preseason with some long gainers and spectacular runs.    It was never confirmed if he could pass however and when Dakota showed up he was gone.    DP has had a number of fumbles this season in short yardage situations, most recently in our last game where he had two, when we were in FG range.    Other than that he has been money for us in short yardage situations and has made some good gains on 2nd and 3rd down situations.    He can also complete the occasion pass however it's always a bit of a gamble when he gets the green light to throw.   

This was always crazy talk.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on October 31, 2023, 04:05:35 PM

That's never stopped some of our posters before. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on October 31, 2023, 04:05:35 PM

Which seems to happen a fair amount when some new or unknown QB does "well" in TC/pre-season.

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 31, 2023, 04:41:16 PM

At least it's (sometimes) entertaining...? :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 31, 2023, 03:26:00 PM
He can also complete the occasion pass however it's always a bit of a gamble when he gets the green light to throw.   

One of two things are now set in stone:

1. Prukop does not attempt a pass in the post-season, because hit horrific attempts last game were a "test run" he failed miserably.
or
2. Prukop botched those passes intentionally as part of a plan so teams think #1 above and he'll have a spectacular pass in the post-season with a guy wide open.

#2 would be so-called "tin foil" stuff and also a level of chicanery I don't think MOS/Buck would ever go to.  Lapo might.  I definitely would.  But MOS now plays almost everything so straight and in your face.  When's our last fake FG or punt??  Medlock's botched pass?
Never go full Rider!

Pete

I can see Prukop trying a pass on 2nd and inched,but has to be on strict orders to throw away if not a clear shot, or take off and run if its  there. There have been times when he seems licked in on pass even if its covered and run opportunity available.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on November 01, 2023, 03:33:11 PM
I can see Prukop trying a pass on 2nd and inched,but has to be on strict orders to throw away if not a clear shot, or take off and run if its  there. There have been times when he seems licked in on pass even if its covered and run opportunity available.

Nope.  Not after last GC and the test run last week.  Prukop does not pass in the post-season when in on SY.  It'll be like a Leggs kick: everyone will gasp and hold their breath waiting for the pain and carnage.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 01, 2023, 09:44:00 PM
Nope.  Not after last GC and the test run last week.  Prukop does not pass in the post-season when in on SY.  It'll be like a Leggs kick: everyone will gasp and hold their breath waiting for the pain and carnage.

Too bad the G.C. plays are all that are remembered, he made some beautiful plays last season passing the ball when no one expected him to.

TecnoGenius

The XFL or wherever he was playing in spring actually made him worse!  ;D ;D ;D

Yes, he's monster on SY.  Passing... not so much.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 02, 2023, 03:43:52 AM
The XFL or wherever he was playing in spring actually made him worse!  ;D ;D ;D

Yes, he's monster on SY.  Passing... not so much.
I tend to agree and in last years GC the Argos turned the game momentum in their favour after picking him off.    The two blocked FGs late in the game were both the two biggest plays of the game and something I have never seen before in any CFL regular season or playoff game.
The Bombers were devastated by their loss and for some of our vets this season may very well be their last in Blue and Gold.    Their motivation will be high to avenge their loss however how well we play in the WF will be an indicator as well as how come out of this game injury wise.    At this time of the year, everyone is nicked up in some way and I'm hoping it's not -20 on game day.
Bomber fan for life

bwiser

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 31, 2023, 04:41:16 PM
We wouldn't have a forum if we didn't have some crazy talk to keep things interesting.