(Unofficial) Kenny Lawler signs with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Started by Blue In BC, February 07, 2023, 02:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Jeff Hamilton
@jeffkhamilton
18m
BREAKING: The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have agreed in principle to a two-year contract with receiver Kenny Lawler. Details unclear at this point. #wfp
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

wasn't expecting that TBH....now if we can sign Sheed we are in pretty great shape.....we still have Agudosi signed and Schoen is still under contract!    Price had to be high methinks....hopefully not too high where we suffer because of it
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

Well, I guess Mr. Walters gets the GM of the year now...

Have to wonder what the terms are... I don't think we would bust the budget for him, and 2 years only... so there's that, and pretty sure no guaranteed money allowed.

Yes, we now have the GC favourite, ready to do 3 in 4...  wonder if I can get a bet in before this changes the line ;)

Wow... 3 to 1... that's insane. No meat on the bone with that bet...

Winnipeg Blue Bombers  3.00
BC Lions  4.50
Calgary Stampeders  6.00
Toronto Argonauts  6.00
Hamilton Tiger-Cats  8.00
Montreal Alouettes  8.50
Saskatchewan Roughriders  10.00
Edmonton Elks 16.00

Elks are quite the longshot, wish you could get an against bet on MTL... 8.5 is way wrong... especially with Ham at 8

Defending champs at 6 to 1...

Easy to say who the oddsmakers think won the offseason...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bwiser

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on February 07, 2023, 09:26:07 PM
wasn't expecting that TBH....now if we can sign Sheed we are in pretty great shape.....we still have Agudosi signed and Schoen is still under contract!    Price had to be high methinks....hopefully not too high where we suffer because of it
With Lawler and Shoen returning [fingers crossed] the Bombers look set on offense.Lawler signing likely means the chances of Ellingson and Bailey returning are all but done.

blue_gold_84

Losing Bailey is unfortunate and I'll be sad to see him in other colours than blue and gold. Ellingson, however... Farewell.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 07, 2023, 09:39:09 PM
Losing Bailey is unfortunate and I'll be sad to see him in other colours than blue and gold. Ellingson, however... Farewell.

Yes, really like the way Bailey plays.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 07, 2023, 09:17:33 PM
Jeff Hamilton
@jeffkhamilton
18m
BREAKING: The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have agreed in principle to a two-year contract with receiver Kenny Lawler. Details unclear at this point. #wfp
Holy Shite! If Schoen comes back, wow we are friggin loaded!

Walters bangin em out of the park!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 07, 2023, 09:39:09 PM
This is true but who would you rather have Lawler or Bailey?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

KINGCHARLES

hmmmm i wonder if theres any other potential defensive FA's the Bombers may target....I would like to see Santos-Knox back in Blue, maybe a Chris Edwards or Shaq Richardson from TO, Kameron Kelly from Ham, maybe a Deon Lacey?
I'm just wondering if they bring in anyone to challenge Wilson at WIL and Darby at SAM. Darby can be used at SAM or HB.
of course i forgot about Malik Clements until looking at the roster he was the starting WIL in the Grey Cup.

I'm now thinking the Bombers may not make any big splash signings with Lawler being signed

...bring back Andrew Harris on a retirement deal?
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

Pete

You have to think the happiest guy is Collaros now that we have Demski and Lawler on multi year deals.
We really haven't seen anything yet in terms of $'s with any of the free agent agreements.
I think the only free agent we may have interest in is at dt.(if we have anything left in sms $)

Sir Blue and Gold

Hahaha amazing. Just give us the cup right now.

Kidding. But so great. He's such a headache to try and gameplan. I guess one year in Jones' house of horrors was enough.

dd

Wow, that is a surprising signing, I hoped it would happen but never thought it would. Excellent. Any word on Bailey??