Remaining Blue Bomber Free Agents as of January 9, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, January 09, 2023, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

We are not going to be able to sign everyone:

Demski: Is a must for me. Home town boy with number of good years left.

Bailey: Had a very good year would love to see him back for a few more years.

Purkop: Best shortage guy in the league.

Sayles: Had another good year. Turning into a very good DT. $$

Couture: Very good C. We mite not have enough cap space to keep him.

Briggs: Long time Bombers, very dependable, but we mite have to get a little younger and cheaper.

Ellingson: Excellent receiver when he is healthy. Mite need his salary to keep Demski and Bailey.

Taylor: ?? Injury, age, $$.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2023, 07:15:32 PM

Briggs: Long time Bombers, very dependable, but we mite have to get a little younger and cheaper.

Ellingson: Excellent receiver when he is healthy. Mite need his salary to keep Demski and Bailey.

Cross Demski off!
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2023, 07:15:32 PM

Yeah, I'd like Bailey and Sayles back in particular but Prukop probably returns as well. I can see some demand for each of these players but find it hard to believe any other team is going to go nuts with big $$ to sign them. We should be competitive. There are a bunch of players in each category that other teams will start trying to re-sign with their own potential free agents.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Horseman

Bailey and Prukop would be our next ones too sign, the others are not a required signing.

ModAdmin

Remaining Blue Bomber Free Agents as of February 5, 2023

OFFENCE

Quarterbacks
Dakota Prukop

Receivers
Rasheed Bailey; Greg Ellingson;

Offensive line

C Michael Couture*;

DEFENCE

Defensive line
Casey Sayles; Keion Adams

Linebackers
Jesse Briggs*; Les Maruo (Global)

Defensive backs
Nick Taylor; Mercy Maston

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

Just a thought - Ja'Gared Davis would look good in Blue and Gold.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 06, 2023, 06:32:53 AM
Just a thought - Ja'Gared Davis would look good in Blue and Gold.

Hmmm, eeeeeehhh... I don't know.  His always dancing between snaps in the middle of the GCs really irked me.  Regular season, maybe.  But not GC.  And he didn't do much in those cups, either.  I think his price tag will overshadow his performance.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

It would be awesome to have Sayles back but you can't have everything. He'll probably get a nice raise with multiple FA offers. Bombers have, in recent years, not prioritized spending there so we're likely looking at another open camp competition at tackle.

Pigskin

8 days left, and we are looking pretty good. A few key signings left before FA starts. Nice work Mr. Walters.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 06, 2023, 01:58:14 PM
It would be awesome to have Sayles back but you can't have everything. He'll probably get a nice raise with multiple FA offers. Bombers have, in recent years, not prioritized spending there so we're likely looking at another open camp competition at tackle.

IDK that Sayles will get multiple offers. There are still over 20 DL listed as potential free agents. Lots to choose from.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jesse on February 02, 2023, 08:06:59 PM
Potentially the best at his position coming from the NFL signed at 250.

Demski has never played a full season (averages 14). Never crossed 800 receiving yards. NI value is taking a hit moving forward with the "naturalized american" thing.

I don't think any other team puts more value on Nic than we do. We probably will pay him more than he would get on the open market, and it shouldn't be near 225.

Best at his position, sure, but not best in a ratio-breaking position.

I don't expect the naturalized american thing to be a big deal until I see it in action (i.e., show that it has teeth and that the CFL is even accurately monitoring it).

All moot points now that he's signed, and it sounds like the "under" people should be happy with the ~190k number. My number was about 200 or a smidge more, so in my eyes this includes a hometown discount.

Happy timez for all in any case.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 06, 2023, 09:06:50 PM
I don't expect the naturalized american thing to be a big deal until I see it in action (i.e., show that it has teeth and that the CFL is even accurately monitoring it).

I'm with you.  Just thinking about the implications makes my brain hurt so much I'll just wait to see it in action.  I really hope we're not in for a shock with drastic changes in who is on field most of the time... but it could be!!

If FAKENATs take over the field in a big way, it will greatly devalue guys like Demski and Woli.  But, I trust that Walters has thought through the implications and is making the right decisions.

I could see Chris Jones going completely mental coming up with all the ways to game the system to field as many IMPs as possible at all times.  Jones hates NATs and the ratio (IMHO).
Never go full Rider!