Blue Bombers re-sign DB Winston Rose

Started by blue_gold_84, December 14, 2022, 02:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Interesting. Hopefully he comes back faster and better or he might not make it out of camp. Lots of experience, speed on the corner is a big concern though.

Jesse

This was a 50/50 for me. Not sure if I'm surprised or not.

I absolutely was rooting for the guy though, so I hope he has a giant in-your-face year in 2023.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on December 14, 2022, 02:40:37 PM
This was a 50/50 for me. Not sure if I'm surprised or not.

I absolutely was rooting for the guy though, so I hope he has a giant in-your-face year in 2023.

Certainly possible. Probably have him penciled in as incumbent at the field corner. He is only 29 which isn't old, but those corner spots are a young man's spot in a young man's game. Hard to be really good there if you can't match the pace.

theaardvark

I'm hoping that with his focus now st on being the best CFL player he can be, he takes it back to the level that got him looks in the NFL, but in CFL form...

He can be a game changer, and I'm glad he's back.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Some reports were that he may have had a nagging season long injury that limited his overall play. I'm happy he's back and expect him to re-bound in 2023.

While the sequence of veterans re-signing is irrelevant it's interesting " why " some sign early and others sign later.  Noting that we don't know the why, but that's fine. Just a random thought this morning.

We have some really big names on our list and I hope to see more re-signing in before Xmas.

I suspect that we need to wait for the 2023 SMS in order to have bonus money available to sign our big guns. We aren't seeing too many teams sign their biggest $$$ players yet either.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Great signing...As mentioned above Rose had an injury to start the year and took a bit to get his health and confidence back. This firms up the defensive backfield and can concentrate more on defence to sign Dline and lbs.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on December 14, 2022, 03:42:51 PM
Great signing...As mentioned above Rose had an injury to start the year and took a bit to get his health and confidence back. This firms up the defensive backfield and can concentrate more on defence to sign Dline and lbs.

I've read that Rose was also wearing a walking boot after the GC game, so he was probably dealing with a year long injury that slowed him down a bit.  Good to have him back, hopefully he returns to full health and grabs a few more picks next year.  Interceptions have been way down in the secondary the last few years but it could be Richie Hall is instructing them to play less aggressive on the ball and more on the tackle.

pjrocksmb

Great player, down year, none issue, massive signing.

GOLDMEMBER

I am gonna reserve judgment on this decision until we see his play next year..

I was not a fan of his last year.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Great signing, although surprising since I was predicting our strategy would have been to go young at DB after how well our fill-ins performed for injuries and save the cap for elsewhere.

Probably didn't have to pay too much of a premium and hope we get 2019 Rose.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

I'm a huge Rose fan.  He was lock-down in the post-season, and got that big INT.  TOR didn't get anywhere throwing to Rose's side.

Besides the one-whiff-a-game in-season he was actually very stout.  We let Zach throw an INT every game.  I'll let that slide on Rose, too.  He only did this in 2022, not in any previous year.  Call it just an off year.  I have full confidence he'll be our best DB in 2023.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 14, 2022, 10:08:37 PM
I'm a huge Rose fan.  He was lock-down in the post-season, and got that big INT.  TOR didn't get anywhere throwing to Rose's side.

Besides the one-whiff-a-game in-season he was actually very stout.  We let Zach throw an INT every game.  I'll let that slide on Rose, too.  He only did this in 2022, not in any previous year.  Call it just an off year.  I have full confidence he'll be our best DB in 2023.

Bang on